Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2014 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I once went like the real Chelsea from 04-11 in the Champions League. Went out at semi-final stage 6 years in a row - on away goals 4 times - to Barcelona every year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Just finished my first season in a new season with Everton.

Finished 4th, getting knocked out in the cups early enough helped me to concentrate on the league more, Everton, Man U and Chelsea swapped positions over the last 4 or 5 weeks so I did well to hang on, even with a tough finish to the season. Main news would be my Merseyside rivals getting relegated. They sacked Rodgers about 10 games into the season and hired Bielsa. He couldn't turn things around either, and it looks like he might be sacked this summer too. I beat them home and away so I did my bit.

Everton1_zps855e99dc.png

I'll struggle more next season, 3 of my 5 best players were here on loan, Distin was a beast, scored so many from corners. I sold Baines to Arsenal, first week in the job he said he wanted to leave, he didn't believe me when I said I'd qualify for the CL. Hopefully some cash to spend this summer.

Everton2_zpsa72fc00d.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Best place to buy this? Any deals out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Devil08 wrote: »
    Best place to buy this? Any deals out there?

€18 online here and it is a digital download http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/1453-football-manager-2014 make sure you use a Brazilian billing address though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Irishcrx wrote: »
    That's rough,

I lost the first one 2-0 to Utd , the second one to city on penalties after leading 2-0 at half time. Was convinced it was our year last season in the Semi final we lost 3-0 at home to Athletic Madrid and were all but out. Went to spain in the second leg and attacked them from the first minute, high tempo , direct, overload and won the game 4-1 to go through, thrilling match then go and loose the final.

I actually can't wait to go home and play it now.

Victory!!, beat Bayern 2-1 in the final went one nill down early on but fought back. James ward Prowse scoring the winner with a screamer , he's been unreal for me this season think he's 25 now and had 25 assists this season and 7 goals...luckily we won this because he'd said he'd be off if we didn't win it this season...

And Genie scout is out so time to blow my transfer budget on young players during the window!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Wait, sorry for my ignorance here but............. what's Genie Scout? I know what it souuds like but i've never heard of it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Its All Wright

Finding this years game very easy, took Sheffield United to the Premier League in 2 seasons with back to back promotions, finished 2nd in the table both years. Opening 3 fixtures of the Premier League ive had Chelsea,Man City & Arsenal and ive drawn all 3 games

Id encourage everybody to sign the following wonderkids

Harry Maguire (next tony adams)
    Moi Gomez
    Alex Serrano (next josep guardiola)
    James Husband (next ashley cole)
    Denis Praet
    Jonathan Silva
    Nicola Murru

All very cheap early on, so if you sign them & develop them you end up with some amazing players in a few years

Genie Scout is available from FMscout.com for anyone who is not aware of it, all is explained om there

• Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Wait, sorry for my ignorance here but............. what's Genie Scout? I know what it souuds like but i've never heard of it before.

It's cheating, that's what it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Mars Bar wrote: »
    It's cheating, that's what it is!

Hmmm... I guess you could look at it like that. But for me having a full time job and a young baby it really does help me with not having to spend hours in a game scouting players so I do use it, just to find talent.

http://www.fmscout.com/

Above is the link to Genie scout, it is a program that works on FM that has been around for years. It will tell you the CA/PA of all players in the game and help you find the best newgens around. Basically you can do a search on your game for all players in the world with a PA of say at least 185 and it will bring up a list of the tell you PA , show their current stats/future stats, give a report , sale price etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I wouldn't be a fan of Genie Scout at all, takes all the risk of buying a player out of the game and a lot of the skill too... Don't begrudge others that use it but would certainly view any big achievements (challenges etc) they make in a different light because of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Any have issues with CDKeyGo? Received a key, put it in to Steam and was told it was already used ('duplicate key'). Sent off an email to CDKeyGo and have heard nothing since. Their online chat thing is never online.

EDIT: Posted in wrong thread. Mods, please delete.

Is it possible to stop the player with 2 goals taking a penalty, Its only happened for me twice, and we scored both but I know it is going to cost me sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭sdowling04

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Is it possible to stop the player with 2 goals taking a penalty, Its only happened for me twice, and we scored both but I know it is going to cost me sometime.
    Hopefully the team does a 'Frank Lampard' on it (well done if you got that reference)...Only happened once for me. Luke Shaw slotted it for me..game was over at that stage.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mother****er.

Just got the sack for losing a ****ing friendly match in the off season :eek:!!!

Was busy making my transfers, automating the summer friendlies as usual and then BAM! Fired. Think that's me done with that save tbh. Was really happy with how the transfer window was going so really angry at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Yeah I got the sack right before the Europa League Final with Spurs after losing against Soton. Knee Jerk reaction!

How do I know if I have the latest version installed? I have a feeling I need that "managers don't get sacked at the drop of a hat" patch!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Yeah I got the sack right before the Europa League Final with Spurs after losing against Soton. Knee Jerk reaction!

How do I know if I have the latest version installed? I have a feeling I need that "managers don't get sacked at the drop of a hat" patch!
    Go into the properties of the game in steam and make sure the game updates are set to : keep updated to latest version every time...or something to that extent.
    Im at work now so I cant tell the exact steps but hopefully you will figure it out :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Anyone else's cursor turn into a football at times?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

What's the boards steam group for this??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Hi guys just got the game there now :) has anyone any good players for me to sign early on :) !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Hi guys just got the game there now :) has anyone any good players for me to sign early on :) !

Eder Alvarez Balanta: Plays for River and can be bought for 10M. Turns into a absolute beast.

Honda: Plays for CSKA and can be bought for under 2M. Great backup/starter for any team.

Koke: Plays for Atletico Madrid and has a buyout clause of 15M. He's a starter in my Arsenal team.

Lewandowski: Plays for Dortmund and can be bought for under 30M. Amazing striker.

Can't of think anymore right now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Leandro Damiao can be picked up for as little as £4m at the start of the game. He's nowhere near the same ability as he is in FM13 but still a good squad player.

Ezequiel Munoz. Get him for around £4.5m. Good attributes and decent potential.

Timo Werner. 'The New Klose'. Only 17 but going to be a massive star. Available for around 6 to 8 million due to his contract only having a year to run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Diame at West Ham has a release clause for 3.5m. Decent player.

Anyone know what the point is of being able to add your own comments during interviews with the media? I've noticed it before but does it actually make any difference if you write anything n yourself?

Can anyone suggest a half decent striker for a newly promoted team to the Premier League, im in the January transfer window with £4mill to spend. Currently 2nd bottom, 3 points off safety & seriously lacking goals...top goal scorer is a defender with 5 goals!

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Anyone know what the point is of being able to add your own comments during interviews with the media? I've noticed it before but does it actually make any difference if you write anything n yourself?

As far as i know it doesnt really do anything, think its used for online play so other managers playing online can see what your saying

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Lewandowski: Plays for Dortmund and can be bought for under 30M. Amazing striker.

or wait 6 months and get him on a free ;)

Vitinho is also a great free transfer after one season. Just sold him for €48m profit to City.

Doria is a great CB, can be got for around €10m

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Can anyone suggest a half decent striker for a newly promoted team to the Premier League, im in the January transfer window with £4mill to spend. Currently 2nd bottom, 3 points off safety & seriously lacking goals...top goal scorer is a defender with 5 goals!

Try Paulo Dybala. I got him from Palermo in Italy for about 3.4 Mill for my Ajax team and he scored 27 in his first season for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I got Balanta for less than 5m in my second season. Was delighted with that.

Really seems hard to pick up a striker that bangs in goals this season...I have Rodriguez up front for me for Southampton and he is good but other than that I'm finding it hard to get a good striker in my 2nd season playing Europa league football.

• Advertisement

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Try Paulo Dybala. I got him from Palermo in Italy for about 3.4 Mill for my Ajax team and he scored 27 in his first season for me.

Might get the scouting team on him & see what hes at..Had Lucas Viatri in the Championship, free transfer from Boca Juniors in December 2014, scored a crazy amount of goals from January-May..Hasnt had a sniff in he Premier League though

Advertisement