Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2014 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

kryogen wrote: »
    May sound foolish, but you have also ticked the "return from holiday on job offer" button?

That option doesnt seem to be there any more :confused: I upped my rep to semi pro and holidayed for 2 hours and still not one offer :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

In my third season now, left Red Star for Lyon. Only been here 6 months but got the chance at an interview for the Bayern job, did the interview about 3 weeks ago but still no news on a new manager. Steve Clarke is favorite to get it. The job isn't showing in the Job Centre anymore, it is available under Job Security, it just shows that I have applied? Anyone know why its taking so long for them to appoint someone?

It finally came up in job centre again after about another week, Mancini is favorite to get it, Simeone has been linked to it also. Not bothered if I get it now or not though as I have made a few nice signings with Lyon.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,330 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

So, I've just played ten games in a row, trying to beat Southampton with Liverpool, using different variations.

The closest I got was a 2-1 defeat with an OG from Mignolet.

My team have nearly perfected their tactics too. The lowest rating is competent on one of the meters.

That's fucking ridiculous.

:pac:

The game cheats and cheats like bloody crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Tony EH wrote: »
    So, I've just played ten games in a row, trying to beat Southampton with Liverpool, using different variations.

The closest I got was a 2-1 defeat with an OG from Mignolet.

My team have nearly perfected their tactics too. The lowest rating is competent on one of the meters.

That's fucking ridiculous.

:pac:

The game cheats and cheats like bloody crazy.

Liverpools players morale might be high while ur teams might be low etc ur view is to simplistic.

Liverpool's morale is high. Everyone's playing in their natural position.

I tried another game against Southampton just there.

3-1 loss again.

Seriously...fuck this game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Liverpool's morale is high. Everyone's playing in their natural position.

I tried another game against Southampton just there.

3-1 loss again.

Seriously...fuck this game.

Are you trying to prove something for the sake of it? As Nolars said your view seems too simplistic.

No, I'm saying that there seems to be some serious bollocks going on with this game.

I've played 11 straight games against Southampton with a supposedly superior side and not won a single game. Some of the results have been downright mindboggling too, like 7-1, or 5-0?

That's just not right.

I'll repeat that, that's 11 games and 11 straight defeats, no matter what I do and no matter what correct indications are given in the game, such as morale and formation familiarity.

As the last part of this test, I'm going to up everybody's stats to 20 accross the board using the editor and see if they can get a win that way.

Something is serious wrong though.

:/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

YEah there's something wrong.

The manager ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Why have they taken return from holiday if offered a job out off the game :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

No, I'm saying that there seems to be some serious bollocks going on with this game.

I've played 11 straight games against Southampton with a supposedly superior side and not won a single game. Some of the results have been downright mindboggling too, like 7-1, or 5-0?

That's just not right.

I'll repeat that, that's 11 games and 11 straight defeats, no matter what I do and no matter what correct indications are given in the game, such as morale and formation familiarity.

As the last part of this test, I'm going to up everybody's stats to 20 accross the board using the editor and see if they can get a win that way.

Something is serious wrong though.

:/

The computer knows your are restarting the game each time and is saying to itself, 'this guy won't catch me out, not a hope he's going to win this game no matter how many times he restarts it'

Just move on to the next game. Liverpool have lost many games to inferior teams over the years! It's very realistic and you should be used to it!!

• Advertisement

7-1?

Anyway, it was only an experiment. My real season starts soon.

Although I think one of the reasons I'm leaking so many goals is that Mignolet's stats are kinda crap.

I may need to scount a better goalie.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Having a similiar scenario, though without the ability to move on.

In my Spurs save, I have to get a win against Man City or I get the sack. Even a draw doesn't save me.

I don't like restarting and reloading but I've built a youth empire at Spurs and want to see it through. But 10 games in, and the closest I've gone to beating City was a 3-2 loss where I was 2-0 up. Most games 3-0 or 4-0. Trying different tactics, different team talks, different players. But seems the game just wants me to lose against City. :(

EDIT: And of course, as soon as I post that, I get a win. 4-1, after Kompany got sent off 2 minutes into the match :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Having a similiar scenario, though without the ability to move on.

In my Spurs save, I have to get a win against Man City or I get the sack. Even a draw doesn't save me.

I don't like restarting and reloading but I've built a youth empire at Spurs and want to see it through. But 10 games in, and the closest I've gone to beating City was a 3-2 loss where I was 2-0 up. Most games 3-0 or 4-0. Trying different tactics, different team talks, different players. But seems the game just wants me to lose against City. :(

I think the reality with these situations is that a team can't change very drastically the night before a match... On your first attempt you're probably playing your strongest possible side and any other roll of the dice is just hoping for a miracle.

In fm13 I needed a win in the last to avoid relegation and it took 3 or 4 goes I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Only time I replay games is if the computer crashes and I'm forced to. It's cheating to me.

I agree it's cheating. I'm just fed up of getting sacked at a whim in this game.

In FM13, I had a 15 year long campaign with Spurs. Built myself multiple young teams, and even though I had a few bad seasons, was never fired.

This time, I seem to not be able to hold a job down for a season and a half. Started a job with Southampton, that granted, was underwhealming. Got the Gladbach job then; got a promotion from Div 2, 2nd in Div 1, and then cause I was 5th in Div 1 in my third season, got the sack.

Moved to Arsenal who asked me to get a midtable finish. Got it exactly. Started buying players over the transfer window, and then got the sack after losing a friendly.

Started this Spurs game. Got 2nd place in season one. And now in 6th, so they want to sack me. And I'm just sick of that. So screw it. If reloading is what it takes to keep my job and actually let me build teams, then that's what I've got to do :/

Ok, I'm done.

After beating City finally, went on an 8 match win streak, with zero goals conceded in 6 straight games. Up into 3rd in the table.

Lose 2-1 to Stoke to end the streak....sacked. Says I failed to meet the points total. Screw this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

I agree it's cheating. I'm just fed up of getting sacked at a whim in this game.

In FM13, I had a 15 year long campaign with Spurs. Built myself multiple young teams, and even though I had a few bad seasons, was never fired.

This time, I seem to not be able to hold a job down for a season and a half. Started a job with Southampton, that granted, was underwhealming. Got the Gladbach job then; got a promotion from Div 2, 2nd in Div 1, and then cause I was 5th in Div 1 in my third season, got the sack.

Moved to Arsenal who asked me to get a midtable finish. Got it exactly. Started buying players over the transfer window, and then got the sack after losing a friendly.

Started this Spurs game. Got 2nd place in season one. And now in 6th, so they want to sack me. And I'm just sick of that. So screw it. If reloading is what it takes to keep my job and actually let me build teams, then that's what I've got to do :/

Is this type of sacking not very realistic when you look at the current situation in the premiershi? Managers are getting sacked after short poor runs, it's very realistic!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Padkir wrote: »
    Is this type of sacking not very realistic when you look at the current situation in the premiershi? Managers are getting sacked after short poor runs, it's very realistic!

i wont the double as Chelsea. then got rid of Terry, Lampard and Cole that summer. lost the 1st epl game and the super cup and was fired.

its very realistic this year

I know it's meant to be a realistic game, but that can be to a fault. When the game is so realistic, it stops you being able to play, then I do think that's too far....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I know it's meant to be a realistic game, but that can be to a fault. When the game is so realistic, it stops you being able to play, then I do think that's too far....

It depends on the chairmans patients stat and with Chelsea you have the lowest in the game and others have a pathetic stat as well, just change it in the editor and it will solve the problem, simple solution to the issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Xenji wrote: »
    It depends on the chairmans patients stat and with Chelsea you have the lowest in the game and others have a pathetic stat as well, just change it in the editor and it will solve the problem, simple solution to the issue.

you have to pay for the editor this year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

you have to pay for the editor this year :(

I didn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

I didn't?

You need to pay for the in-game editor. The other editor is free though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Underground

I've gotten every footy/championship manager game every year since around 2002 and always gotten great enjoyment and mileage out of them. Probably get around 300 hours of gameplay out of each installment.

But this game, I just can't get into it at all. No matter what I do, I can't seem to get my team finding any kind of decent form at all. I lose/draw most games. Failed with pretty much any team I've tried managing. (Please spare me the crap manager jokes! Been playing these games for years and never had a problem till now!)

I've tried everything, took control of every aspect of training possible,prepared many different tactics and styles of play,geared training towards exploiting weaknesses of upcoming opponents,nothing works.

Having read through the thread it seems I'm not the only one with this problem,it's very frustrating for me because as I said this series has been a firm favourite of mine since I was 11 or 12 years old.

EDIT: Whoops, wrong thread. My bad <_<

• Registered Users Posts: 7 The Semiotec

Is anyone else experiencing problems with their Fm 2014 trying to get a job,either starting unemployed or having a job and resign/sacked or applying to get a new job.I have FM 14.2

I generally start at a low team with Sunday league footballer.My rep is actually saying National.I started one game and could not get a job after 8 years and this was running both North and South Irish Leagues Scotland India Singapore Hong Kong and England all at the lowest possible.

Nothing at all.Anything I did apply for I totally laughed off even in the Skrill N/S

I heard though little information I can find that this is a bug since the FM 14.2 update.

Is this true?

When will this be fixed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Just got this game yesterday. Where is the best place to download a League of Ireland face pack? Or are there any?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Is anyone else experiencing problems with their Fm 2014 trying to get a job,either starting unemployed or having a job and resign/sacked or applying to get a new job.I have FM 14.2

I generally start at a low team with Sunday league footballer.My rep is actually saying National.I started one game and could not get a job after 8 years and this was running both North and South Irish Leagues Scotland India Singapore Hong Kong and England all at the lowest possible.

Nothing at all.Anything I did apply for I totally laughed off even in the Skrill N/S

I heard though little information I can find that this is a bug since the FM 14.2 update.

Is this true?

When will this be fixed?

I couldn't get a job on my unemployed save with the rep at Sunday league, had to move it up a notch or two

Just got this game yesterday. Where is the best place to download a League of Ireland face pack? Or are there any?

I downloaded this and its updates.

http://www.fmscout.com/a-pms-portrait-megapack-for-fm14.html

There seems to be a lot of LoI faces in there.

Most of St Pats anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Motivator

I got it for Christmas I think it's good so far. The last one I had was 2009 but this is brilliant compared to it. The amount of detail in the game is amazing. Halfway through my first season & after a rocky start I've tweaked a few things & have been lucky with injuries but I've been playing the same formation since the beginning & the players have been given different tasks every week in training that they've all responded to the training & the "team harmony" indication bar is 100% so they're all delighted with the way things are going. Currently 5th in the league & on a 7 game unbeaten run. Good game so far. The amount of shots in every game is a bit crazy to be honest. I drew 0-0 with a relegation threatened team & there was nearly 40 shots in the game with 2 on target for me & none for them....frustrating to say the least!!!

Advertisement