Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2014 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Picked this up last night. My last FM was 2012. The UI is much improved.

The injuries though. Jesus. It should be renamed to Physio Simulator 2014. Is anyone else finding this?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Picked this up the sale and was manged Man City was 3rd in december then went on a losing streak and dropped to fifth then the axe came down.I was sacked in January I joined the dole queue until June when Ipswich offered me the mangers jobs

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Someone mentioned about editing the chairman so he's more patient and won't sack you.

How does one do that <_<

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Someone mentioned about editing the chairman so he's more patient and won't sack you.

How does one do that <_<

You need to buy the official editor or you can go with the cheaper and better method of buying FMRTE http://www.fmrte.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

How does one do that <_<

Be a good manager :P

Is that game worth it considering I'm addicted to FM 13? How much better is it

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »
    You need to buy the official editor or you can go with the cheaper and better method of buying FMRTE http://www.fmrte.com/

And is the stat fairly obvious after that to see?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

And is the stat fairly obvious after that to see?

Which are you using, you should look in mental stats and then look for the patience stat and set it at 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I downloaded the Ireland lower leagues addon from the steam workshop and edited it as I wanted to play with Home Farm. I put them in the Leinster SL PD.

We almost got taken over by Florentino Perez.
    287599.png

Well...even using FMRTE to edit chairman patience and so on, still get sacked the second I don't win a game. **** me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Well...even using FMRTE to edit chairman patience and so on, still get sacked the second I don't win a game. **** me.

Are you following the clubs philosophies? Play attacking football and sign young players etc

• Advertisement

Yeap. Philosophies are play attacking football and play youth, and it's how I always play anyway.

I guess it stems back to the points promise I made to the board, cause when I get sacked, it says its cause I failed to meet the required points I had promised. This despite my results being....

(Boards demand 10 points from next 15)
    Loss to Newcastle 0-1
    Win to Chelsea 3-0
    Draw with Swansea 2-2
    Win vs Blackpool 4-2
    Win vs City 4-1
    (So that's exactly 10 from 15. Then...)
    Win vs Liverpool 1-0
    Win vs Southampton 3-2
    Win vs Barnsley 3-0
    Win vs West Ham 4-0
    Win vs West Brom 3-2

Then the Villa game is where I've stopped now. Cause anything short of a win and I get the boot. And it seems to happen that even if I win that and draw the next game (or lose), I get the sack there instead. Basically, as soon as I drop any points, I get sacked, despite being third in the table and on a 7 game win streak :/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Yeap. Philosophies are play attacking football and play youth, and it's how I always play anyway.

I guess it stems back to the points promise I made to the board, cause when I get sacked, it says its cause I failed to meet the required points I had promised. This despite my results being....

Loss to Newcastle 0-1
    Win to Chelsea 3-0
    Draw with Swansea 2-2
    Win vs Blackpool 4-2
    Win vs City 4-1
    Win vs Liverpool 1-0
    Win vs Southampton 3-2
    Win vs Barnsley 3-0
    Win vs West Ham 4-0
    Win vs West Brom 3-2

Then the Villa game is where I've stopped now. Cause anything short of a win and I get the boot. And it seems to happen that even if I win that and draw the next game (or lose), I get the sack there instead. Basically, as soon as I drop any points, I get sacked, despite being third in the table and on a 7 game win streak :/

Are you Chelsea?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Loss to Newcastle 0-1
    Win to Chelsea 3-0
    Draw with Swansea 2-2
    Win vs Blackpool 4-2
    Win vs City 4-1
    Win vs Liverpool 1-0
    Win vs Southampton 3-2
    Win vs Barnsley 3-0
    Win vs West Ham 4-0
    Win vs West Brom 3-2

Are you Chelsea?

I'm guessing he's not!! :D:D :P :P!!

Spurs. So my fans were very happy with that result too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

I started a games as unemployed including all divisions in england from conference upwards and have applied for every job and got nothing. Well i did get an interview for gateshead but was turned down.....but other than that nothing. I'm in January 2014 now so if i get nothing by the end of the season i'll just start a new game

anyone else tried it?

Also further to someone elses point about injuries, i had tons of injuries in my liverpool file and even on the unemployed file i saw lots of teams getting at least 1 or 2 injuries a game. Liverpool handed about 10 debuts to academy players in the first few months!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

I'm going demented in charge of Havant & Waterlooville. Every single game we have just as many opportunities if not more than our opponents, have more possession, but time after time we come out on the wrong end of the result. On the verge of the sack.

Getting so sick of the headline "X strike lucky"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

A huge problem i am finding is getting work permits in FM14

Like i was trying to sign some international players from non EU countries in the championship and every player i try sign on a free or loan is refused 1st time around and then when i appeal is turned down as well

I just can't understand it :rolleyes: ? Like how do they think i player from serbia with 40 + caps is going to skip england when he's going to be getting payed £20,000 + pound a year ?.

Has anyone else had this problem ?

Another problem is that i have tried to sign players but the club wont let me offer the wage to sign them even do we have the money to sign the player. While i can make a offer on another player and can offer twice as much just because he has played in a world cup ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Injuries, injuries, injuries.

Wtf is going on with this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Last game of the season 2-0 up against 10 men and about to win the title then all of a sudden a red card for me then 3 injuries in the space of 20 minutes including my keeper when all 3 subs were used. Drew 2-2 with the last kick of the game lost the title and now have 8 injured players for the fa cup final.

The new patch seems to have made injuries worse. 6 of my U21 players got 2-3 month long injuries and i couldnt recall any them because they failed a medical :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I brought Exeter to the Championship and then got relegated. Straight back up with them and then managed automatic promotion in that season to the Premier League!

I was running great profits up to this season and my finances have plummeted down to the red. Dangerous times ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Not to worry about the finances. Huge sponsorship deals means I'm up by 10 million already! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Just finished the 20/21 season, have gone from Red Star Belgrade to Lyon to AC Milan to Arsenal and have won pretty much everything I could, 2 Serbian League Title, 1 Serie A, 2 Premier League Titles, 2 Champions Leagues, 1 World Club Champions, 2 Serbian Cups, 2 French Cups, 2 FA Cups and 1 League Cup. Also got the Irish managers job, have us top of our World Cup Qualifying group and am on course to finish top of the group ahead of Poland and Italy. it is starting to get a bit less interesting now though, I might do one more season.

Usually once I have one good long save and play through it for a month or 2 irl then I give up and put the game away. Spending so much time playing it I kind of want to give up already.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,859 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Anybody struggling to keep interested in this game. It's just doing my head in. Started with Schalke got a 3million budget and nobody want's to join the club. The majority of games i am battering team's missing chance after chance constantly hitting the woodwork and either draw or lose. Hugely frustrating game so far for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,328 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Yeh, I had to stop playing for a while, for the sake of my sanity. It just gets ridiculous. As a game, it's simply way too stacked against the player to be truly enjoyable. It's addictive, but infuriating.

Had to change to Fifa 14 for a bit.

Into my 3rd season with wolves after 2 back to back promotions I find myself back in the top level in English football.

2nd season I got to the FA cup final lost to Man City 4-0 didn't care as I was going to be playing European football and bringing in a lot of money to the club because of it. Also got to the capital one cup sami Finals and lost to Fulham 11-10 in a shoot out.

Now I still found it quite hard to get players to me as I can't offer them huge money to play for me so I had to go look to get cheap players. Like I was shocked some players still didn't won't to come to me with European football like in real life players would join you for that.

But I have got some get deals on players along the way with frees, loans and cheap players.
    Jesse lingard has turned into quite a player for me 2 seasons and getting 12+ goals a season I ended up paying 3.5 mil for him witch I was shocked he wasn't worth more then that.

I got the bargain of the year in a 32 year old Ricky lambert who is a something else playing up front by himself

• Registered Users Posts: 8,859 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Into my 3rd season with wolves after 2 back to back promotions I find myself back in the top level in English football.

2nd season I got to the FA cup final lost to Man City 4-0 didn't care as I was going to be playing European football and bringing in a lot of money to the club because of it. Also got to the capital one cup sami Finals and lost to Fulham 11-10 in a shoot out.

Now I still found it quite hard to get players to me as I can't offer them huge money to play for me so I had to go look to get cheap players. Like I was shocked some players still didn't won't to come to me with European football like in real life players would join you for that.

But I have got some get deals on players along the way with frees, loans and cheap players.
    Jesse lingard has turned into quite a player for me 2 seasons and getting 12+ goals a season I ended up paying 3.5 mil for him witch I was shocked he wasn't worth more then that.

I got the bargain of the year in a 32 year old Ricky lambert who is a something else playing up front by himself

In my game started with Schalke and got a budget of 3million thought this was harsh for a rich club.

Tried to pick up a few cheap signings from South America and the majority weren't interested. Thought this was stupid moving from a small Brazilian club for big money to play in the Champions League would seem a good idea.

The majority of games i play i dominate but can't score. Against Augsburg at home i had 18 shots at goals 11 on target. They has 2 shots on goal 2 on target and beat me 2-1. Seems like a load of games do this.

Tactics are very hard to get right maybe i should google about tactics.

Selling players is near impossible for a decent fee. Farfan worth 16million and Chelsea were interested. Ended up selling him for 11million and got 7 of it to use to sign players. While trying to sign a player you need to pay 2 or 3 times or 4 times his transfer value.

The game to me so far is just so hard i find it hard to keep any interest in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I've found the game easier the further into it I get really. Now in the Europa with Derby and just touched top of the prem for the first time (albeit only a few games in).This year I've found that the old ebb and flow of the game has gone. I used to find that if you lost 2 games then you were guaranteed to keep losing until the tide turned, now I definitely think there's more ability to turn it around at any time.

Transfers have changed a lot too I think but in the same way. In older games every player had a price and you could normally shift on your own players for face value at least. Now when selling I find there are players people simply don't want to buy but when you're shifting someone on with bigger clubs interested there's profit to be turned.

Similarly there are some insane bargains on the transfer list to be had because their clubs don't want them, but when they don't want to sell the price jumps up loads.

It seems more 'real' in that way to me. Infuriating nonetheless when you find the wonderkid of a lifetime and they set a price 20 times him value.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭elefant

Tony EH wrote: »
    Yeh, I had to stop playing for a while, for the sake of my sanity. It just gets ridiculous. As a game, it's simply way too stacked against the player to be truly enjoyable. It's addictive, but infuriating.

Had to change to Fifa 14 for a bit.

The game is quite clearly stacked MASSIVELY in favour of the player.

How many people on here have taken awful teams to success? I've managed to bring Vauxhall Motors to 6th in the premiership in 12 seasons. Others here have won multiple Champions Leagues with Irish clubs and no-hoper sides.

How many actual real-life managers have done this? Probably zero.
    Football Manager is challenging, but ultimately, the odds are always in your favour.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    In my game started with Schalke and got a budget of 3million thought this was harsh for a rich club.

Tried to pick up a few cheap signings from South America and the majority weren't interested. Thought this was stupid moving from a small Brazilian club for big money to play in the Champions League would seem a good idea.

The majority of games i play i dominate but can't score. Against Augsburg at home i had 18 shots at goals 11 on target. They has 2 shots on goal 2 on target and beat me 2-1. Seems like a load of games do this.

Tactics are very hard to get right maybe i should google about tactics.

Selling players is near impossible for a decent fee. Farfan worth 16million and Chelsea were interested. Ended up selling him for 11million and got 7 of it to use to sign players. While trying to sign a player you need to pay 2 or 3 times or 4 times his transfer value.

The game to me so far is just so hard i find it hard to keep any interest in it.

I am the same i was playing with some many formations before i got one that worked and got goals at wolves.

I ended up moveing to a 4-2-3-1 with counter attacking , playing a offside trap and the attacking midfilers to try and cross the ball into the box. By changeing to this type of football i turned into quite a hard team to play as i will allways be attacking from a attack from the other team. I could end up with huge amount of goals in games but i can let in quite a good few myself.

My team at the moment is
    GK - Hennessey
    DR - Stearman
    DC - Fonte / Bath
    DC - Keane / Williams
    DL - Smith
    DM - Muntari
    CM - Davis / Brown
    AML - Candreva / quaresma
    AMC - Lingard / Lenana
    AMR - Sako / Forde
    F - Lambert / Doyle

A ok team with a mix of all ages so far 10 games in the PL 6 wins 1 draw and lost 2

In euro 3 games 3 wins

In cap cup 2 wins

Like the team play very well with each other

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Anyone have trouble attracting players from Germany to the Premier League ?

I've bid for Gotze , Reus , Gundogan & Kroos and none of them have even entered into contract negotiations with me . I had to offer Lewandwoski crazy money to get him to sign.

Advertisement