Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2014 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Looking for some help if anyone can spare a minute.

I want to include the Ulster, Leinster and Munster Senior Leagues in my game using the Editor but in the Editor those competitions are listed as Irish Regional Level 3 and in order to have it activated Irish Second Division Championship has to be activated. This is where the problem lies, there are no teams in the Second Division so I can't get it to work. I tried putting 2 teams into that League and thought I had it sorted but whenever I had the game set up I discovered that the Premier League games had no fixtures listed for it :( can anyone help? Would really appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Anyone have trouble attracting players from Germany to the Premier League ?

I've bid for Gotze , Reus , Gundogan & Kroos and none of them have even entered into contract negotiations with me . I had to offer Lewandwoski crazy money to get him to sign.

David Moyes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

I just won a penalty shootout with Leeds 27-26. 53 penalties scored in a row with only one miss. Possibly the most boring thing I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Getting used to some of the new staff roles in the game. Can an U-21/reserve manager train players (as in the attacking/defending/tactics categories)?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

David Moyes?

He wishes he was as successful as me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

I just won a penalty shootout with Leeds 27-26. 53 penalties scored in a row with only one miss. Possibly the most boring thing I've ever seen.

you should report that as a bug

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

About 24 games into my 3rd Season as wolves manager

I find that i am great in europa league 5 games played 4 wins and a draw and top of my group all like 1 or 2 nil wins Havant let in a goal.

But in the PL i am a odd team i have lost 3 games all season about of 12 games have 3 wins and 9 draws witch i just dont get LoL. Like i am always winning matches by 1 or 2 goals then in the last 5 mins the other times always come back and draw with me.

I am thinking it might be a bug at this stage :rolleyes:

Looking for some help if anyone can spare a minute.

I want to include the Ulster, Leinster and Munster Senior Leagues in my game using the Editor but in the Editor those competitions are listed as Irish Regional Level 3 and in order to have it activated Irish Second Division Championship has to be activated. This is where the problem lies, there are no teams in the Second Division so I can't get it to work. I tried putting 2 teams into that League and thought I had it sorted but whenever I had the game set up I discovered that the Premier League games had no fixtures listed for it :( can anyone help? Would really appreciate it.

Anyone? It's doing my head in!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Instead of using the editor you can download the Ireland Extension Pack in the Steam Workshop that includes those league. I haven't tested it so I'm not sure how well it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

I think i saw something about a download for adding extra Irish leagues a couple of months back. Check the downloads section for FM on steam and sortitoutsi, not sure exactly where i saw it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Instead of using the editor you can download the Ireland Extension Pack in the Steam Workshop that includes those league. I haven't tested it so I'm not sure how well it works.

That must be the one I referred to. Thanks.

Thanks lads, yous are legends!

It needed quite a bit of work as in fixtures, promotion/relegation etc. and it's not perfect but it's better than nothing. Thanks again.

UPDATE! Just tested a full season there and it doesn't work correctly. Promotion/relegation play-offs don't work right and there are no new fixtures for the new season. Back to square one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,859 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Start a new game with Schalke with the aim to qualify for the Champions league.

First season finish 4th meeting the aim of Champions League, reach last 16 of Champions League and win the German Cup.

Bring in good few new signings and my aim again is to finish top 4. After 6 games i have 9 points and sitting in 8th position only 2 points off 4th and i get sacked without even a meeting with the board.

I am out game is just a bit unrealistic for me thinking of going back playing last years game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

I lost a penalty shootout to leeds this morning that finished 24-23. Must be a leeds thing, at 20-20 i was going to get up and put on the kettle i thought it was never going to end

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Start a new game with Schalke with the aim to qualify for the Champions league.

First season finish 4th meeting the aim of Champions League, reach last 16 of Champions League and win the German Cup.

Bring in good few new signings and my aim again is to finish top 4. After 6 games i have 9 points and sitting in 8th position only 2 points off 4th and i get sacked without even a meeting with the board.

I am out game is just a bit unrealistic for me thinking of going back playing last years game.

Ask Roberto Mancini whether that is realistic or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I think being fired like that, a stupid firing, is more realistic to real life.

Things don't always go the way they're supposed to, if everything went the way it was supposed to go the game wouldn't be as fun,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Found this great player for my Bristol City side in fm14 handheld. In the championship a few seasons in and expected to get relegated but managed to get in an ageing Defoe and dani Iglesias from some random team great stats as well. Only looked there but he is worth 5.25 mil I bought him for 100k 6 months ago.

http://postimg.org/image/c6ao4pujl/

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

god dam chairman just fired me from Plymouth for not dropping a young 18year old DC with 5 star potential, when the team is riddled with injuries at the moment just because i was exposing him to 1st team football as a sub at the start of the season and the media starting saying he was too young for 1st team football. God Dam it the team were really getting going and was only 2 points off a play off spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Ronaldinho made the Team of the Year.

I was so happy to see that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Right, after getting frustrated and frustrated with the game, I've decided to have one more go. Starting an unemployed challenge with Sunday League experience. Have loaded England, France, Italy, Ireland, Belgium, Germany, Portugal and Spain up.

Got offered the Cobh Rambles job.....3 days before 75% of my teams' contracts expired. Was 75 quid over my 1.66k wage budget. Let them all go, hired a few back at reduced wages. Brought in a tonne of kids at 5p.w. who are better than who was there originally, and am now 862 quid UNDER the wage budget :P

See if they gel together now and do me well...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Had decided to move on at the end of the season; have got play-offs, and whichever way they went, I wanted to go out on a high...

....only then it was youth recruitment day, and I had ten kids brought in who are all on 5 p.w. but are all way, way better than my first team! One kid, a left back, is worth twice what my previous best player was. Now don't know if I should leave or try and win the Irish Premier Division next season :S

EDIT: Ha. Now I just learned Roy Keane is a former Rambler as well, cause now he's starting to praise me! Awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I thought you were a United fan?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭xtal191

Any idea when the patch with the Jan transfers will be released?

I just went 19 league games without winning. Probably my worst ever run in FM! Done everything to try and change things, formations, team meetings, instructions, new players and finally managed to beat St. Pat's 2-1 away! Glorious!

Now to try and not get relegated!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I'm about 7 seasons in now with Spurs and i'm only getting something solid going now. Was close to getting sacked so many ties and managed to pull it out of the bag. Won the Europa League last season to save myself the bullet. Made a couple of signings and started the season well. This season I won the League Cup, FA Cup & Europa League again and finished 4th in the league.

I think I have a chance of winning the league this year. Looking forward to starting the new season.

Really liking this game. Too many people blaming the difficulty of the game on the game itself. It's supposed to be difficult!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

xtal191 wrote: »
    Any idea when the patch with the Jan transfers will be released?

Tends to be around March I think but I think most people will just download the unofficial patches for the time being which are pretty much perfect. Just beware as every data file is different and even though I shouldn't complain as I'm a Liverpool fan, I've downloaded a few data updates that altered the liverpool players and youth players stats quite a bit.

In the one I have, the only things wrong that I can see are stuff like players not being on loan even though they are in real life but its only the reserve players like Coady for Liverpool and so on, not the big players. Also, I think someone might have very slightly changed Suarez's stats but can you blame them? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It's 2024 in my game and it's my second season in the Premier League with Exeter City. Last season I narrowly avoided relegation by finishing 16th. This season, the team punched well above their weight and on the last day, despite drawing the game, they clinched 6th place (the highest I'd been all season) and a spot in the Europa League.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Havent played fm in months thats aboutt to change I think.

http://www.sigames.com/news/14337/Football+Manager+v143+Transfer+Update+out+now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

New patch just seems to have added more red cards and Im back to hitting the woodwork at least twice a game

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Anyone signed Central Defender Kurt Zouma?

What's he like?

Advertisement