Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2014 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Suarez and Sturridge are both **** for me in it when we know in real life they are quality :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

In 2017 and it keeps freezing on a certain date, any ideas how to get around it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

astonaidan wrote: »
    In 2017 and it keeps freezing on a certain date, any ideas how to get around it :(

Time travel.
    Other than that no, probably just a bug. Email them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

astonaidan wrote: »

Have you tried going on holiday over that date? I had that issue in 2013 and I think after emailing SI about it they basically said nothing they can do. Sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,243 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

When a manager of a player you have loaned in comes to you complaining that he is being played out of the agreed position they really should have included an option to tell him he has to play somewhere else because of injuries. A manager is threatening to terminate a loan because I'm playing his guy at LB and not CM. My two LBs are injured so I have no choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,864 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The demo is out now on steam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Mars Bar wrote: »
    The demo is out now on steam

Also there was a patch for those who have beta all preferences etc where deleted for the game. Saved games are still there tho.

Playing the demo now. It sounds like my laptop is going to explode!

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Playing the demo now. It sounds like my laptop is going to explode!

I switched half way in fm13 from laptop to my custom built PC, I could never use a laptop again.

Nolars wrote: »
    I switched half way in fm13 from laptop to my custom built PC, I could never use a laptop again.

I need a laptop for the work I do.

It's only a year old MacBook Pro so was quite surprised by how noisy it got!

Anyway...got this offer from Real Madrid O.o

993444_10153374011360307_1097164526_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

What's the best way to get pictures of players, crests and all that stuff? I know you have to download and put them in place yourself, but don't know how.

Also, will it be easy (or possible) to transfer saves over from the Beta to the main game?

Finished up my 3rd season at Santiago Morning in the Chilean 2nd division. First season I finished midtable (board said avoid relegation). Second season I blew a 7 point lead after going on a 8 game winless streak and ended up losing in the promotion playoffs. I won the division this year, but almost blew it again. I had a 6 point lead with 3 games left which was cut to a two point lead ahead of the final game. I lost to one of the weakest teams in the league 3-1 away from home. The team in second took the lead in the 74th minute of their game, but conceded after 87!

This game is going to kill me some day :D
    What's the best way to get pictures of players, crests and all that stuff? I know you have to download and put them in place yourself, but don't know how.

Also, will it be easy (or possible) to transfer saves over from the Beta to the main game?

I only use club crests/competition logos. Here is a torrent for one - http://www.fmscout.com/a-fm2012-metallic-logos-megapack.html

It says FM12, but it works with Fm14 of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Antonio Valencia to RM in the first season? Safe to say I won't be buying this game :) Sort out the transfers SI! Unless Valencia went through a hotstreak in his career, RM would not buy him for 9 million

RM then couldn't free up the funds to buy him so Chelsea have offered to take him off my hands.

Something weird happening me on the beta. Started a new game as Southampton. Put in bids on a few players, but when the answers came back, the bids had been significantly reduced; bids of 5m were being registered as being for 750k.

Amazingly, the other teams would obviously want to negotiate up, but only a bit, so I picked up players worth 5m for little over 1m. So picked up a good few players with a low transfer budget :confused::P

I've had 4 crash dumps since that bloody update :mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,791 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Few days off work and the weather outside is depressing. Thinking of heading down and getting 2014 game can anybody tell me is it worth it. Have the 2013 version but just gone off it a bit lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

I ordered the game from GTPLAY.NET and I got the Beta code as the full game is released at midnight will GTPLAY email me a activation key or will I have to wait until the actual disc is delivered to my house?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

James__10 wrote: »
    I ordered the game from GTPLAY.NET and I got the Beta code as the full game is released at midnight will GTPLAY email me a activation key or will I have to wait until the actual disc is delivered to my house?

I think you're already set.
    Once you have registered the Beta code then I think it just switches to the full game a midnight.

Do you need to run an update?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Few days off work and the weather outside is depressing. Thinking of heading down and getting 2014 game can anybody tell me is it worth it. Have the 2013 version but just gone off it a bit lately.

As far as I know, it's released tomorrow.

When did they add moving big games to larger stadiums? It's a really cool addition. Maybe last year? I didn't play FM13 much.

I usually play at a 4k capacity stadium. But my home match against Universidad de Chile (big team) was moved to this ground and the attendance was 13,000. It really helps with the gate receipts. I got €65k for it and €20k is the highest possible at my normal ground. Hopefully my home match against Colo Colo is moved there as well. I beat them away in what is my best result yet!
    hIfiz3h.png

Edit: My games against Colo Colo and Universidad Catolica have been moved to Estadio Nacional - The NT stadium! I love this feature because I was p*ssed about the missed gate receipts in games vs the big teams. Sorry if this isn't new to anyone but it is to me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,975 ✭✭✭✭titan18

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Antonio Valencia to RM in the first season? Safe to say I won't be buying this game :) Sort out the transfers SI! Unless Valencia went through a hotstreak in his career, RM would not buy him for 9 million

They bought him for 19m off me in the demo there. Offered and sold at that.

Just noticed in my Southampton game, he went to Real for £10.75m.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,192 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Is there anywhere specific to pick this up cheaper than anywhere else or will it be uniformly priced?

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Is there anywhere specific to pick this up cheaper than anywhere else or will it be uniformly priced?

ya can get it for about 25 euro.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057015733

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Picking this up later but is there still the option of having 3 formations to train and choose from or have they added more?

I have 2 go to formations, variations of 4-2-3-1 Attacking, 4-5-1 Defensive and I try a 4-1-4-1 if I'm chasing goals but I'd love the option of a 4th or 5th.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Picking this up later but is there still the option of having 3 formations to train and choose from or have they added more?

I have 2 go to formations, variations of 4-2-3-1 Attacking, 4-5-1 Defensive and I try a 4-1-4-1 if I'm chasing goals but I'd love the option of a 4th or 5th.

I know what you mean the good thing about classic mode this year is you can use any formation you want and it doesn't haven to be trained.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Bloc Party!

If you bought the disc,do you still have to install it by steam or can you install it from the disc?

• Advertisement

still have to install steam

Advertisement