Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2014 Discussion

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Any tips for managing in LOI? I cant find a good Assistant manager, so doing all the team talks and they go well for the most part as I'm getting good reactions.

Great - board reduced wage budget by 3000 and now I cant offer renewed contracts to any of my players because I can only offer peanuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

sounds above right, it is easy at the lower leagues

Just sold one of my 18 year old regens to Celtic for 925k - worth it.

Hope you asked for 25% of next sale, Arrange a friendly and a loan back (if you could make use of the player) for as long as possible. helps with the finance, when arranging a friendly from a Transfer to a higher team try and arrange a friendly with their U21 team too, as the fee will also be 0

• Advertisement

thanks - yeah the 25% of next sale was included and i think arrange a friendly, that loan back would have been helpful indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Is it possible to get offered a job from team if you don't have the league loaded?

Nope you need to have the league added. The AI manager can move to non-added leagues

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

that is gammy enough...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

gufc21 wrote: »
    that is gammy enough...

Sure how could you move to a league you dont have loaded?

• Advertisement

Stupid board - asked them twice to go pro and they have agreed with my request but nothing happened.

Finding it very hard to compete with not having pro status or being able to scout to the UK - Sligo Rovers consistently nabbing the best players from the UK is soul destroying!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭passatman86

I'm looking to play championship manager 01_02 on the xbo 360....
    Is it possible as I have the original cm01_02 disc for xbox original think its 12 years old
    Do I need to get updates or internet - I'm a noob

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

A guy made a transfer update. Di Maria and Falcao, here I come!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Aston Villa just spent 118 million in summer of second season transfer window, 32 million on John Stones. Why I hate this game.

Be pretty cool if they spent 118 million to build a proper class squad to compete, but they just buy dross.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

FM2014 is absolute shíte. What a waste of money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Yeah looks poison. I mean be cool if they got in a bidding war with United for Stones, and the game made it out like it was a major coup getting him, but that may as well have been a 5 million signing. No direction from the AI, once again. Think the magic of FM is well and truly gone. Its probably a game that just passes its sell by date anyway. If I was 12 I'd probably love it but after a while you get so irked by so many things. In CM 01/02 I didnt care about the AI's squad building, but game after game you start to see

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Just had a game go 26-27 on penalties :confused:

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Just had a game go 26-27 on penalties :confused:

so did in a save!

Just made it to group stages with Limerick and it feels like we've won the lottery!!! 8.6 million euro!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Just booked my ticket for the FM Documentary showing in Birkenhead next Tuesday. Feel like such a nerd going to see this on my own but I can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Just booked my ticket for the FM Documentary showing in Birkenhead next Tuesday. Feel like such a nerd going to see this on my own but I can't wait.

I was working and couldn't go to the only Dublin showing. Any idea if this can be viewed somewhere online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

dceire wrote: »
    I was working and couldn't go to the only Dublin showing. Any idea if this can be viewed somewhere online?

Will be available online in a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OkeyDoke12

Football Manager 2014 is running really slow since I changed to Windows 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

After 2051 hours, I finally won the Prem and Champions League with Leeds in my final season and retired. Thought it fitting to bow out of this years game and uninstall. Cold turkey for 2 weeks now til 2015 BETA :)

fm_zpscfd173ab.jpg

Advertisement