Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2014 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

The low transfer offers thing was a bug that they'd apparently addressed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The low transfer offers thing was a bug that they'd apparently addressed.

Yeah. Clearing the cache fixed it, but not before I got a transfer or two in for low amounts :P

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Anybody find a good face/logo/crest pack on the net for FM14 yet?

I picked it up last ngiht but only done the install, I'll get around to the game this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Not yet.

The steam workshop thing is a pain coz I can't install anything that comes from there. It keeps saying to enable in-game community which I have done but it still doesn't work. It appears to be an issue with Mac.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Anyone know where the cheapest to pick up a steam key ? Or a steam trade ?

Have 135 hours in 13 i think its time that i moved over to 14 LoL

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭xtal191

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Anybody find a good face/logo/crest pack on the net for FM14 yet?

I picked it up last ngiht but only done the install, I'll get around to the game this weekend.

Everything you need is here

http://sortitoutsi.net/

Theres a megapack for logos and faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Cheers I'll have a look later once I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Ozil is tearing it up for me :D

I started off playing 4-2-3-1 but I couldn't get a result with it.
    I've since moved to 4-3-3 with Ozil playing LW and he's scored 7 in 5.

I managed to Sign the following:
    Koke for €2M
    Honda for €300K
    Bender for €22M
    Balanta for €10M

Currently top with 3 games played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

My season did a complete U-Turn very quickly. Top of the league after 5/6 games. Then down to 10th not long after. Got a "win the next game" ultimatum. Drew it and got the sack. :o

• Advertisement

I'm somehow 8th at Xmas with Swansea in my first season.

I say somehow cause I've had Michu and Bony together for a combined total of 4 games so far, with one or both injured constantly :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

278499.jpg

Just finished a season there and seen the leader boards pop up, nice feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I don't know why, but Newell's Old Boys hired me. The only thing I've won is the Chilean 2nd division and now I'm managing one of the biggest teams in Argentina.
    I started with Sunday league rep as well.

My old wage budget was 15k, Newell's is 190k. Huge step up!

I've hit the post a ridiculous amount of times. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

They need to reduce free Kicks on regens Im about 6 seasons in and most my regens have 17+ Free kicks.

In my first season, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal, Palace, West Ham, West brom and Newcastle have all sacked their managers, with Norwich and Man City getting ready to. And it's only February :P

Injuries everywhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Getting so many sending offs. Twelve games in as Auxerre and I finished five of those with ten men including keeper getting two yellows for handling the ball outside the box twice in the space of five mins! Oh, how I laughed/cried...

**** it!

Was up laste last night working on my first summer transfer window, bringing Borini, Januzaj and a few kids into my Swansea team.

Now my game won't load :mad: Looks like I lost 24 hours worth of gameplay :(

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Bloc Party!

I find it very hard to win a game,im playing with liverpool and cant score goals..anyone have any tips to help me out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Motivator

I find it very hard to win a game,im playing with liverpool and cant score goals..anyone have any tips to help me out?

don't play with a rubbish team.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Motivator wrote: »
    don't play with a rubbish team.

Not very motivational mr motivator

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Not very motivational mr motivator

He speaks the truth

http://gyazo.com/0d772ba80f5d024135d36af4c4a5e2c7 :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

threein99 wrote: »

A Fellaini trick??
    So it's a fantasy football game this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Slattsy wrote: »
    A Fellaini trick??
    So it's a fantasy football game this year.

It's my tactical brilliance to thank for that, he either gets sent off or scores goals

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭djfitzerjnr

I'm playing Gerrard behind Aspas at the minute while Suarez is out & Sturridge is injured. Both of them banging them in.

Spent the whole budget on Lars Bender :cool: No winger with Sterling out on loan & no back up RB with Wisdom out on loan too tho. Great squad management! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Got this on Friday, got my new laptop on Friday as well finally able to run the 3D engine on high settings looks much much better than I thought!

Started with Dortmund and got 6 month's in, We've just hit the ground running in the first season. Tactics are working really well, goals are flying in, unbeaten in the first half of the season and came out on top of the Champions league group with Chelsea, PSG and Celtic winning in Paris and London!

Haven't made any major signings, Brought in Adam Cambell as one for the future, a young winger from Wolfsburg and a CM from Argentina. Keep it the Dortmund way, buy young and cheap...develop!

That moment when you reach the end of a transfer window and have to submit your squad registration, only to find there's 26 players competing for 25 spaces. :(

Decisions to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

So how buggy is the game at launch compared to the last few incarnations, all of which were buggy as well at launch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

I'm half a season in so far and I haven't hit a bug yet. Not noticing anything too out of the ordinary regarding injuries. Maybe an exaggerated number of times that the post has been hit.

Playing as Bolton, joint top at Christmas. Have made virtually no transfers apart from bringing in Marco di Vaio as a stopgap striker and shipping out N'gog. Playing 4-1-2-2-1, with Chungy and Eagles being the wingers and it's working rather well, dominating most teams and playing good football.

If only Bolton weren't so heavily in debt, I might have been able to strengthen the squad in January... But Mark Davies is coming back from injury, so that's a plus.

Enjoying it much more than last year's game so far, the press conferences are handled a lot better when in the mailbox view. It all just seems a bit more streamlined and nicer. Nothing like a major overhaul, but it was never really needed one.

Advertisement