Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2014 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ya I think its a better game overall then FM13.

I started a Chelsea save to get used to the game, I'll stop it after the 1st season so how I get on.

Currently I've palyed 18 league games, in 2nd, 4 points behind City.

Only thing I find weird is Luiz is my top scorer, all from corners, he has 15 league goals in 16 games from attacking the near post, non eof the goals are headers either, corner taker plays it in, Luiz takes a touch and slots them in, dont know if its a bug but the routine has worked even though I've not touched the set piece editor.

I'll probably do a Swansea save in a few days after I'm done my "bedding" in season with Chelsea but really enjoying it so far anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Ya I think its a better game overall then FM13.

I started a Chelsea save to get used to the game, I'll stop it after the 1st season so how I get on.

Currently I've palyed 18 league games, in 2nd, 4 points behind City.

Only thing I find weird is Luiz is my top scorer, all from corners, he has 15 league goals in 16 games from attacking the near post, non eof the goals are headers either, corner taker plays it in, Luiz takes a touch and slots them in, dont know if its a bug but the routine has worked even though I've not touched the set piece editor.

I'll probably do a Swansea save in a few days after I'm done my "bedding" in season with Chelsea but really enjoying it so far anyway.

That corner exploit has been on the go for a few years now.

Xenji wrote: »
    That corner exploit has been on the go for a few years now.

Just found it weird he could take a touch and control it and score in the 6 yard box practically. :pac:

Not complaining really, its got me many points. :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ok, starting my second season as Swansea. Brought in Borini for 3m, Januzaj for 13m (spread out over a few years), Pjanic on loan and one or two other young but promising players. Really happy that I'm managing to put together a squad that could do me for a few seasons and then go for big, big bucks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Just found it weird he could take a touch and control it and score in the 6 yard box practically. :pac:

Not complaining really, its got me many points. :D

In FM12 my central defenders were always my top scorers, one won the golden boot 4 seasons in a row :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Nolars wrote: »
    They need to reduce free Kicks on regens Im about 6 seasons in and most my regens have 17+ Free kicks.

How are you six seasons in already!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Has any one signed Lorenzo Insigne from Napoli. For some Mad reason i signed him, as i thought he would be excellent. Im playing him on the left, have tired him on the right, but he just doesn't seem to be performing for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I started a game with Stockport but they were hopeless and had no money and nobody would come in on loan so I abandoned it.

Started a new game with Bury who had been relegated from League 1. I'm expected a top half finish and am in 8th at the moment and about 10-15 games in. It's really congested in the middle of the table at the moment! It's a far more enjoyable game. I'm hoping they don't sack me because the team are just finding their feet with tactics.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Found the game to be the first complete game released by FM in a long time, no crashes or big mistakes yet... biggest qualms are too many injuries/red cards/penalties which seems to be pretty common. Also finding the tactics taking a while to get right, gone through the usual varients of 433 with no luck so settled with a very boring 4141 for the time being. Sexy football will have to wait.

(Playing as Le Havre now after failed starts with Swindon and Derby)

I've yet to download the Logo/Face pack but I managed to get a file that corrects all the leagues and cups to their correct names and its also one thats corrected the German National team to include the proper players.

I'll get around to the logo/face pack tonight after work, really miss it since FM13.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I've yet to download the Logo/Face pack but I managed to get a file that corrects all the leagues and cups to their correct names and its also one thats corrected the German National team to include the proper players.

I'll get around to the logo/face pack tonight after work, really miss it since FM13.

You can just use last years one if you're on the same computer? Just drop it into the FM14 graphics folder and you should be sorted, I'm not sure if there's any new ones out yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Where did you get get that file ?

Also a good place for Face and Logo pack ?

You can just use last years one if you're on the same computer? Just drop it into the FM14 graphics folder and you should be sorted, I'm not sure if there's any new ones out yet.

That made sense and I thought the same, although when I thought as much, was about an hour after i deleted all my FM13 stuff. :pac:

The face packs seem to be just updated versions of the FM13 ones really, I'm not oushed about the faces but the Club crests, jersies and competition logos are the ones I wanted most.
    Where did you get get that file ?

Also a good place for Face and Logo pack ?

Well off the top of my head I'm not sure where I got that patch, I'll have a look at my PC history once I get home.

The place I got linked to previosuly for the face/logo pack ealrier in the thread was , http://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/category/77/megapacks

EDIT : from Googling it, this is what I used for the name fix & Germany fix. : http://www.footballmanagerstory.com/fm-2014-real-names-fix/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Devil08 wrote: »
    How are you six seasons in already!?

Im trying to win the Champions league with Celtic, I just sim the league games as they are piss easy and focus on the champions league I keep getting to the quarters/semi's and losing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭glenjamin

The German, Chinese, South Korean, and Japanese national teams is something you can do yourself. Doesn't take long.

Can't find a good player face pack without it taking hours to download. The best logo pack I found was http://www.footballmanagerstory.com/best-fm-2014-logo-packs/

My goalkeeper just got sent off for handling the ball outside the box. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Mars Bar wrote: »
    My goalkeeper just got sent off for handling the ball outside the box. :mad:

Happens way too much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

I got my logo and face packs from here The face pack is 6gb the logos one was way smaller

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Where can I get an editor? I can't even find the in-game editor, I know it has to be purchased but where do I purchase it from?

when you start the game, you should see downloads at the bottom of the start screen. That'll open up the steam workshop and you can purchase the editor from there.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I hate this game :mad: 4 games into the season...

rnp.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Yeah, I hate this game :mad: 4 games into the season...

rnp.gif

Ouch :pac:

I'd be fit to fire the laptop across the room!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Players are never the same after those long term injuries. In FM13, Juan Mata was playing in the Championship at 28 after being out for 10 months at the start of the game

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Just finished first season as Auxerre coach. Won Ligue 2 by three points ahead of Havre with everyone else 10+ points behind. No major injuries bar star winger being out for three months with a broken ankle though a chunk of that was over the winter break so it could have been worse. There were five teams battling for the third promotion spot with Angers edging it all season only to lose their last three games and lose out on GD to Dijon :P.

Got drawn against PSG early in the cup and lost 3-2 AET thanks to a Cavani hat trick. Got to the Coupe de la Ligue final managing to avoid any Ligue 1 opposition until Lorient in the semis. Lost on penalties to Marseille after 2-2 draw.

Have brought in some cheap youth players from around Europe and South America but no major signing yet mostly due to wage restrictions. Hoping to avoid relegation and get another good cup run this season and eventually get into Europe.

Man Utd finished one point clear of Arsenal (who collapsed right at the end) to win the league. Man City third, Chelsea beat Newcastle on GD for CL qualification. Liverpool and Spurs in 8th and 9th behind Everton and Southampton.

Real Madrid won La Liga with twenty two points to spare with Atletico in second, Valencia third and Barcelona finishing one point ahead of Real Sociedad in fourth.

Bayern ease to Bundesliga (and a quadruple) ahead of Frankfurt, Schalke and Dortmund.

Milan beat Napoli to Serie A title by two points. Fiorentina and Juventus make up top 4.

PSG win Ligue 1 narrowly ahead of Bordeaux and St.Etienne.

C.Ronaldo wins Ballon D'or, Messi second, Alonso third.

France (beating Germany, Argentina and Brazil) and Spain (England, Uruguay, Italy) are to contest the World Cup final.

Haven't come across any bugs/glitches other than the high amount of red cards in first 10-15 games where it was nearly one sending off every second game.

Ball hit the post twice in pretty much every game between me and opposition though.

Keeper was caught handling outside box three times (including twice in one game) and scored three OGs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

I knew I shouldn't have bought the game until I had a computer that could run it at a decent speed. I just couldn't resist. Started a game with Norwich, first 4 fixtures were Chelsea(H), Liverpool(A), Man U(H) and Spurs(A). Went WLDD, happy with that. Took ages though. I want a new laptop for Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

This is the hardest FM that can I remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Hey all,

Just wondering does anyone what to do me a favor?

I've redone the Irish league structure(Will post full layout in a while), and was wondering if anyone wanted to test it for me, I've done a season already and have found about 20 things that need fixing(non are major)...

If your interested in it, let me know, even if you just want the edt file for yourself just ask, but if you use it I'd really appreciate feedback...

I'll be putting the finishing touches on it over the next 3 days so will hopefully be ready soon

This is the hardest FM that can I remember.

It's rough when the tactics aren't that familiar with the players. It takes 10-15 games before it starts showing results in my opinion. Well, it is if your players are generally rubbish like mine!

• Advertisement

Players are never the same after those long term injuries. In FM13, Juan Mata was playing in the Championship at 28 after being out for 10 months at the start of the game

Yeah, that's one of my main worries. I had a regen last year who was basically the next Messi :P He was tearing it up, scoring two goals a game. Then WHAM! Injury for 9 months. Comes back and my backroom staff are saying I should sell him cause he's no good any more. Kept him round cause I couldn't bare to part with the best player I ever had in a game, but really never recovered.

Worse, I blew half my transfer budget on Januzaj. Could have got three or four other players in but big fan of his in real life, so blew the bank on him :(

Advertisement