Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2014 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I had Januzaj on loan in last years FM13 at League 1 level and he wasnt great, think he averaged about 6.7 or so for the season.

He was never really consistent even though I thought I was playing to his strengths, inside forward from the right hand side.

Is he better in this years game ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Has anyone seen the game cheaper than €20, this is the cheapest I can find it so far http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/1453-football-manager-2014

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

GavRedKing wrote: »

According to my scouts, anyway. Has a 4 and a half star potential ability rating from my Swansea scouts. Also bossed the two games he got to play before he went and killed himself :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Long term injuries are tough, but they can be gotten over if managed right and given patience. I had Nuri Sahin break his leg in the season opener at Dortmund in my game, not ideal given we were short in midfield plus only on loan from Real so not much in terms of deciding to keep him or not, has a 6 million buy out clause in the deal.

He spent 7 month's out and stats dropped off radically, he's not the quickest to begin with. When he got back I spoke with him , got him training on his quickness, few games in the under 19's and reserves then with 5 games left I brought him back into the squad on the bench.

2 - 2 with Mainz at home in a must win game, brought him on with 20 minutes to go, smashes a left footed free kick in off the crossbar at 80' , 84' takes on two players and hit another into the top corner.

Done well in the remaining games but I had to let him back to Madrid, needed the money for other players and although I could pay the 6 million his wage demands were two high 135k a week, only Lewandowski can command that in my team not a player coming back from a long term injury and at the friinges at Madrid!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,953 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

In my United game Januzaj is no great shakes. Into the third season and may look at selling him in the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I had Januzaj on loan in last years FM13 at League 1 level and he wasnt great, think he averaged about 6.7 or so for the season.

He was never really consistent even though I thought I was playing to his strengths, inside forward from the right hand side.

I played him the AM role as a cant remember now some weird name but he was good in the first and amazing second season.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Nolars wrote: »
    I played him the AM role as a cant remember now some weird name but he was good in the first and amazing second season.

terequista?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

FitzShane wrote: »
    terequista?

Its the one similar to that. Enganche I think. The only reason why I tryed it out is cause the assistant said that was his best role and he done fairly good in it to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

First major injury in the Game and i'm in decemeber. Jose Enrique is out for up to 9 months. :(

Seems to be a lot of these 9 month injuries, saw a good few threads on them over on the SI Games forums as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Nolars wrote: »
    Its the one similar to that. Enganche I think. The only reason why I tryed it out is cause the assistant said that was his best role and he done fairly good in it to be fair.

I could be corrected in this but I think that the enganche is play-maker role as well, just not as attacking.

Can anyone else explain that better?

Is it a Bug now been able to score so easily or Goal keepers been supermen?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Jesus this is a tough start to my game. 2 draws and 3 losses. Sheff Utd beat me 6-q in the league cup. Managing the pool by the way. Can't score for love nor money and conceded the most laughable goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭djfitzerjnr

evil_seed wrote: »
    Jesus this is a tough start to my game. 2 draws and 3 losses. Sheff Utd beat me 6-q in the league cup. Managing the pool by the way. Can't score for love nor money and conceded the most laughable goals.

I'm the same way. Can't get any formation to work for me at all. None of the players are rated that well either.

Got the game today when I got home from work for €20, cheapest I could find it, started out with RB Leipzig in the German 3rd Division, looks like it will be a very entertaining challenge, have never been able to play with big teams, just no fun in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Man United finished the first season under Moyes with a treble and are buying every world class player around them!

We (Bury) managed to knick a play off place in the last game of the season but lost the second leg of the play off semi final so it's another season in League 2 with dwindling finances.

And England have just won the world cup.

I thought it was supposed to be realistic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Every year England always seem to win the world cup soon enough, also noticed a lot of brilliant English re-gens last year.

Has football manager not realised it's all about Germany and Belgium right now!

Signed Igor Akinfeev for 2.4 mill in Jan for my Liverpool team. You can sign him for free on a Pre-contract then too, but i sold Brad Jones to Wigan for 2.5 mill, so i thought he would be a good replacement. Also i think he could replace Mignolet.

Ive Played chelsea 3 times so far, and they have to be the hardest team to beat. Lost the first game to them 2-0 in the league. Then got them in the Semi final of the Carling Cup, and beat them 1-0 in the first leg, and then the second leg 3-1, But had Lucas sent off. They had Obi Mikel sent off too.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Irish National team in my game have managed to get to the WC playoffs, beating Germany and Austria Away and Kazaks and the Faroe's at home, pipped Sweden on goal difference, they're playing Turkey.

If only we managed something similar in real life. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

The newest patch definately has its priorities straight

6HCkCtS.jpg

If you have a digital download, does the Patch automatically update through steam or do you need to download it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

bigron2109 wrote: »
    If you have a digital download, does the Patch automatically update through steam or do you need to download it?

Should update through steam. You'll see it on the bottom right main screen when you start up the game. Should be on 4.1.3 now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭ispini1984

Xenji wrote: »
    Got the game today when I got home from work for €20, cheapest I could find it, started out with RB Leipzig in the German 3rd Division, looks like it will be a very entertaining challenge, have never been able to play with big teams, just no fun in it.

where did you get it for that?

ispini1984 wrote: »
    where did you get it for that?

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/1453-football-manager-2014 make sure to use paypal and a Brazilian billing address

Should update through steam. You'll see it on the bottom right main screen when you start up the game. Should be on 4.1.3 now
    Cheers chief. ill have a little look now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Mertesacker was just named in the world team of the year :D

I'm having a ridiculous amount of injuries.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I'm having a ridiculous amount of injuries.

Same as, SI confirmed it is a bug.

• Advertisement

I'm abandoning this game until they sort out the injuries. :mad:

Got a guy on a three month loan, 1 minute in and bam, torn calf muscle. Have to terminate his loan.

All of these injuries are torn groins, calves and hamstrings so they are lengthy.

Advertisement