Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2014 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I haven't had a single injury yet. Strange!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I haven't had a single injury yet. Strange!

I signed sissoko on free and he retired 2 weeks later after a career ending injury.
    Theres been 19 red cards in the premiership 9 games into my season aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Have they said they are going to address the injuries with a patch yet? I haven't had too many long term one's so far just Nuri Sahin with a broken leg last season.

I see Bayern have lost Ribery this year with a broken leg and Robben has thrown his toys out of the pram and left, advantage Dortmund!, I beat them 3-2 of the last day of the season and 2-0 in the Super cup so I'm confident of getting ahead of them this season. Also made some good signings to add depth to the squad this year.

In:
    * Balanta - 23 million
    * Kevin De Bruyne - 8 Million
    * Vitinho - Free agent
    * Gabriel Barbosa - 5 Million

Out:
    Nevin Subotic - Liverpool 16 Million

And have Adam Cabell and Julian Brandt from last season to start playing more in the first team. I was devostated when Gotze scored the winner against us in Munich last season, I'm hell bend on getting them now. As Klopp says Bayern are the death star to my Jedi knights!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Have they said they are going to address the injuries with a patch yet? I haven't had too many long term one's so far just Nuri Sahin with a broken leg last season.

I see Bayern have lost Ribery this year with a broken leg and Robben has thrown his toys out of the pram and left, advantage Dortmund!, I beat them 3-2 of the last day of the season and 2-0 in the Super cup so I'm confident of getting ahead of them this season. Also made some good signings to add depth to the squad this year.

In:
    * Balanta - 23 million
    * Vitinho - Free agent

Out:
    Nevin Subotic - Liverpool 16 Million

And have Adam Cabell and Julian Brandt from last season to start playing more in the first team. I was devostated when Gotze scored the winner against us in Munich last season, I'm hell bend on getting them now. As Klopp says Bayern are the death star to my Jedi knights!

Did Lewandowski leave for Bayern in the second season?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,859 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Can anybody help i set up the game but it will only let me watch the games from above with the players numbers. It won't let me in the settings watch from pitch view. Maybe i need to reduce memory on the computer or i messed up the settings before starting the game?

• Advertisement

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Can anybody help i set up the game but it will only let me watch the games from above with the players numbers. It won't let me in the settings watch from pitch view. Maybe i need to reduce memory on the computer or i messed up the settings before starting the game?

Go into preferences and have a look at the graphics settings. Check that they are set higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

You'll need a fairly decent machine and graphics card to run the 3D match engine.

Go into settings and it will show you how many stars, rating wise your PC/Laptop will run the settings on once you have a fiddle around with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Anyone still like me and still only use the live commentary with no highlights during matches?

As mentioned to get the close up view you'll need a good machine with a dedicated graphics card. Most Laptaps will only run it on low settings!

I got an Asus N series last week and am loving the 3D match engine now, looks brilliant, little back heels and built up play make me smile..

Did Lewandowski leave for Bayern in the second season?

No I managed to keep him on board , had to ask the board to adjust the wage structure and break the bank to sign him on a new deal. 140k a week plus bonuses but he's worth it, 35 goals last season can't loose him.

Real Madrid were all over him in pre-season offered me 65 millon, was tempted...

• Advertisement

No I managed to keep him on board , had to ask the board to adjust the wage structure and break the bank to sign him on a new deal. 140k a week plus bonuses but he's worth it, 35 goals last season can't loose him.

Real Madrid were all over him in pre-season offered me 65 millon, was tempted...

Oh right, didn't know their mind could be changed. I always thought if they had decided that was that.

I must say if anyone is looking for a good lower league challenge in a competitive league they should try out RB Leipzig in the German 3rd Division, they have a rent free 44,345 stadium, good facilities and were only founded in 2009 so you can make your own history with them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

In:
    * Balanta - 23 million
    * Vitinho - Free agent

Managed to sign Barbosa for my Swansea team, but despite reports that he could be a leading striker in the PL, my fans are constantly on my back to get rid of him. His ratings haven't been impressive at all when he plays either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Xenji wrote: »
    Anyone still like me and still only use the live commentary with no highlights during matches?

I've a fairly new gaming PC so it runs like a dream on 3D so I use it but on a quick setting and only watch key highlights and no replays.

You can guarntee when something is shown its either a clear cut chance or goal so it goes fairly quickly.
    As mentioned to get the close up view you'll need a good machine with a dedicated graphics card. Most Laptaps will only run it on low settings!

I got an Asus N series last week and am loving the 3D match engine now, looks brilliant, little back heels and built up play make me smile..

Ya its good to watch, sometimes you can see when a player is playing poorly too because of it so its good to have for that side of your decision making.

Managed to sign Barbosa for my Swansea team, but despite reports that he could be a leading striker in the PL, my fans are constantly on my back to get rid of him. His ratings haven't been impressive at all when he plays either :(

Did you bring him straight into the first team? I'm guessing he's 17/18 when you signed him, remember that he's a brazilian youngster coming into the Premiership he'll need time to adjust.

I've seen some of his stats from later in the seasons and some of them are fantastic, if I was you I would do it slowly, get him working on stats on roles you want him to play and good coaching. I'd consider a season in the championship as well to learn the English game and Launguage and then bring him in again next season for pre-season and into the first team.

Younger players always need a mix of time, training and patience for it to pay off later in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭sdowling04

Started with Southampton and still in my first season, CAM's keep getting injured and they are my best players, Lallana and Ramirez keep getting small 2-3 week injuries. Stared quite well, was up to 7th come xmas but now my strikers have hit a huge dry spell. Lambert was scoring well playing as a SS untill he hit the dry spell. Osvaldo has been pretty terrible all season, hes just vowed to end his scorless streak. Rodriguez isn't much great either. Signed Huth in pre season and hes been a beast. Then signed Sigurdson in Jan, but had to give him quite a big loyalty bonus as AS Milan were after him. Then signed Fletcher on loan just as backup to the Cm's. In the final of the carling cup(or whatever it is these days) beating city in a two leg semi :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

Trying to decide what team to pick. Led Nottm Forrest to back to back champion league victories last year which was great fun. Started with them again but it felt like more of the same.

Anyone reccomend some lower level team to manage? Preferably one with some familiar faces, am thinking maybe Wolves

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

Anyone find that their full-backs randomly play like complete dog shit? I'm played three season now, with three different teams, and every other game one of my full-backs has a game where his average rating ranges from as low as 4.5 to 5.5. I've experimented with several different tactics, to no avail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Yup, I'm old school, I started on Championship Manager 93 :eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I put Rangel up for sale.

He complains his price is too high and no one will buy him at the higher valuation.

I lower valuation.

He complains he isn't happy in England, so wants to move to Spain.

I lower valuation more and offer him to Spanish teams.

Now he's complaining he doesn't want to move, and is demanding money if I want him to go.

:mad:

EDIT: And now the team has pulled out cause they don't have money for the transfer...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

I put Rangel up for sale.

He complains his price is too high and no one will buy him at the higher valuation.

I lower valuation.

He complains he isn't happy in England, so wants to move to Spain.

I lower valuation more and offer him to Spanish teams.

Now he's complaining he doesn't want to move, and is demanding money if I want him to go.

:mad:

EDIT: And now the team has pulled out cause they don't have money for the transfer...

Send him to the reserves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

Soldie wrote: »
    Anyone find that their full-backs randomly play like complete dog shit? I'm played three season now, with three different teams, and every other game one of my full-backs has a game where his average rating ranges from as low as 4.5 to 5.5. I've experimented with several different tactics, to no avail.
    A bug AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Soldie wrote: »

Thank god it's not just me!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Definite bug.

I've clocked up 48 hours of game time and it's a wonder my PC has survived my rage thus far. The game is seriously buggy and it's quite a few patches away from being playable. I was looking forward to steering a lower-league team to the top flight in a long-term game but I'm just sorry I bought the game in its current state when I could have waited a couple of months until it's playable and saved a few quid. The match engine need a lot of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

I find it hard to understand how they can't just update previous versions of the game so that no bugs exist. It seems every year the same sort of bugs exist in the match engines etc. can they not just update the players details etc for the new games and use the same match engines as before?? Surely the new features they integrate each year doesn't mean they need to rebuild the game from scratch??

Not sure why people get the game on release, have been playing since CM4 and every game has always been buggy at launch, I got the game as bargain and gave it a whirl, but it is close to unplayable and it is right up there with the worst launch versions of the game, never had 3 players out for 9 months in the space of a week, will be waiting till December to start a new game, it is usually when they iron out bugs or create new ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Not sure why people get the game on release, have been playing since CM4 and every game has always been buggy at launch, I got the game as bargain and gave it a whirl, but it is close to unplayable and it is right up there with the worst launch versions of the game, never had 3 players out for 9 months in the space of a week, will be waiting till December to start a new game, it is usually when they iron out bugs or create new ones.

Ive done 7 odd seasons and have had 1 player out for 9 months. Game ahsnt been that bad for a new release.

Been playing since CM2 here. Beyond doubt the buggiest game on launch in the series to date. Despite getting it on the cheap, I even felt like a mug paying for it as I didn't expect much better. Between this and FIFA 14 I feel like football game developers need to focus more on ironing out bugs and introducing non-gimmicky features instead of having their marketing departments take steaming dumps all over their customers. At least Football Manager 2014 should be sorted within a couple of months, which is more than I can say about FIFA 14

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I'm playing FM 2013 still... have they got rid of the bug where I consistently have 20-30+ shots, 12-15+ on target and am lucky to score 3 goals (with lethal goalscorers from all over really, 3 CBs have 25+ goals from corners a year), while my opponents get 80% of their shots on target and score at least 75% of those shots?

E.g. while it seems a fluke to keep a clean sheet if my opponent has 2/3 shots full stop, I usually need at least 8-10 shots to get per goal with, despite awesome set piece takers and a good 20-30% or so of my goals coming from there. And I've had 2-3 different keepers, tried a number of different defensive tactics, and even downloaded FM scout to find out my keeper has supposedly 17 consistency, 15 imp games. It all literally makes no sense to me at this point, 11 seasons in..

Advertisement