Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2014 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

From the most recent posts it would seem the game is very unrealistic and it is developed by a load of mugs happy to just take our money. The game has been around for so long now it is inexcusable for them to release a game with so many bugs and of a shiit standard. They work on this every day all year round! How do they keep fcuking it up yet stil get away with putting it on the shelves!? Miles Jacobsen is a phoney!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

A few people sound like they just need to be better at the game tbh

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah, being honest, I'm not sure how to define between "Bug" and "Incredibly unlucky".

I was giving out about injuries in my first season, but in my second (other than the 9-monther to Januzaj), I've gotten away unscathed. Only the odd week off here and there. Though I know they've admitted there is an injury bug there somewhere.

As far as shots-to-goal ratios, that sort of thing has always been common enough for me, cause I always build quick attacking teams who get 100 shots, but I never expect (in game or real life) to have a 100% shot-to-goal ratio. Such tactics also tend to leave me quite exposed at the back, meaning yeah, I concede goals too, usually giving the other team a higher ratio. Again, that's common enough in reality too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Nobody wants their CB to be scoring 25 goals a season. It's not realistic or enjoyable. I'm good at the game, been playing it for 10 years! But there's so much about it that's unrealistic and the bugs every year are a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

What bugs are people talking about? Only one I saw was the fullback one which while annoying doesn't ruin the game. I've only had the normal injuries

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Devil08 wrote: »
    Nobody wants their CB to be scoring 25 goals a season. It's not realistic or enjoyable. I'm good at the game, been playing it for 10 years! But there's so much about it that's unrealistic and the bugs every year are a joke

It's more of an exploit, so its actually you the user exploiting the game engine, its also somewhat fixed in fm13 and 14 from what I've seen so far

Dammit.

Thanks to an awful run of games, I dropped from 4th to 8th in my final run of games at the end of the season. Board called me in for a meeting and demanded I get a run of 10 points from my opening 5 games of the season :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I must be incredibly lucky to have avoided all these bugs. One and a half seasons in and the only things I noticed were hitting the post 2+ times a game and CBs scoring a few too many goals (nothing like 25 a season, more like 7-10 each).

Have had one 3 month injury and a few others where players missed a single game. Wing backs have been performing fine in both 4-2-3-1 and 5-3-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

This is my first time back into the game for about five years, is it normal not to have board expectations? Haven't seen any news item and can't seem to find it anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

The transfer realism seems to have gotten a bit better, but some of the staff appointments are even more unrealistic than ever:

hjio7hK.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

lol! Wouldn't think he'd be satisfied getting paid a packet of crisps a week

• Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Another torn calf muscle. :mad: 5 month lay off for my right winger.

Another two players out for 4 weeks, a twisted knee and a gashed leg.

I give up!

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Another two players out for 4 weeks, a twisted knee and a gashed leg.

I give up!

What level you playing at?

What level is your training?
    What are your players Overall condition?
    What are your players match fitness at?

What are your tactics...Hassle Opponents/get stuck in?

I've finished playing for the night but I'll get back to that tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I'm having no problems at all, apart from conceding and winning a ridiculous amount of penalties. I'm not going to go back and count, but in the last 50 games I've played there must have been at least 25 penalties. I had one game with 4 penalties, 3 for me and I missed two :o.

Before the last patch I was hitting the bar from crosses a crazy amount, but that isn't happening anymore.

Board: "If you want to keep you're job, you need 10 points out of your next 15"

Next five fixtures; Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Man United, Liverpool.

28465-Jerry-Seinfeld-leaves-gif-yxqm.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Opposition teams are shooting from crazy distances against me. Plenty of 0-0 draws with other teams having 30+ shots against me. Its irritating to watch players belting shots from 40 yards

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I'm still going on FM12.

Might get it at Christmas on sale and after they patch the bugs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Mignolet out for a month and in comes Jones. Was conceding quiet a few goals opening 5-10 games, until I brought in a few Defending coaches and that seems to have helped a bit. Now all that hard work will be undone with Jones coming between the sticks! Shop window time I guess!

• Advertisement

How are people finding the game speed?

I picked a a lot of unplayable leagues but still had a 4 and a half star rating for speed but it still takes about 5 mins to get through a week without doing anything, is that normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Check your subscriptions, I'd usually just go with news from my division and nothing about player/manager/goal of the month it can all slow your game down as your inbox goes mad with pointless filler.

I found cutting this can speed it up as your usually free to go between games and only do pre and post match interviews most weeks.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Check your subscriptions, I'd usually just go with news from my division and nothing about player/manager/goal of the month it can all slow your game down as your inbox goes mad with pointless filler.

Cheers, was thinking that myself! I'm getting so much rubbish I'm finding I'm just pressing continue and barely glancing at what comes up. Having a big shortlist dosen't help! I'll have to sort that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Beau wrote: »
    Cheers, was thinking that myself! I'm getting so much rubbish I'm finding I'm just pressing continue and barely glancing at what comes up. Having a big shortlist dosen't help! I'll have to sort that out.

I try keep my shortlists fairly short, unless its end of the season when I look who i need to bring in then I'll keep them on a 3 month short list and instruct the Scouts to report back once a month, seems to keep it flowing fairly quickly too.

What level you playing at?

What level is your training?
    What are your players Overall condition?
    What are your players match fitness at?

What are your tactics...Hassle Opponents/get stuck in?

I'm league 2, Exeter, bottom of the league.

Currently training Fitness at average intensity. 30% of the time is on match preparation. 26 players are happy, 16 players are content and 20 are unhappy.

Hassle opponents is one of the tactics. The rest is all about retaining possession.

All of my regular players are match fit.

I'm league 2, Exeter, bottom of the league.

Currently training Fitness at average intensity. 30% of the time is on match preparation. 26 players are happy, 16 players are content and 20 are unhappy.

Hassle opponents is one of the tactics. The rest is all about retaining possession.

All of my regular players are match fit.

You have them on fitness during the season?

Also wat sort of condition percentages are your starting 11 each game? Would you ever play players whose condition was below 90%...If so how often and how low would you be willing to go(85%, 80% lower?

You have them on fitness during the season?

Also wat sort of condition percentages are your starting 11 each game? Would you ever play players whose condition was below 90%...If so how often and how low would you be willing to go(85%, 80% lower?

I tend to change the focus weekly.

No, never play them on fitness lower than 90%, even if my squad is thread bare!

I tend to change the focus weekly.

No, never play them on fitness lower than 90%, even if my squad is thread bare!

Fitness during the season can lead to trouble, but as long as your not below at the start that's good...

Do you play with a high tempo?

What sort of conditions are your players at 70 minute mark?

If you are playing high tempo pressing game and your players stamina is poor your'll find yourself getting raped with injuries well that's what I've found in previous editions

**** sake. Another left winger out for two months with a twisted ankle. :mad:

• Advertisement

Fitness during the season can lead to trouble, but as long as your not below at the start that's good...

Do you play with a high tempo?

What sort of conditions are your players at 70 minute mark?

If you are playing high tempo pressing game and your players stamina is poor your'll find yourself getting raped with injuries well that's what I've found in previous editions

At half time, they were all in and around 80%-83% in my last game.

I have two tactics, the last one where my left winger got injured had a much higher tempo in a 442.

I mainly use a 4141 and that has a much lower tempo and I'm getting the majority of my injuries then.

On the bolded part, surely there was a better term to use than rape?! Hate the way Souness has made it "cool".

Advertisement