Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2014 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The majority of my players stamina is rated between 10 and 15. I have about 8 players with stamina lower than that and a good few of them are starters but aren't players that have history with injuries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Mars Bar wrote: »
    At half time, they were all in and around 80%-83% in my last game.

I have two tactics, the last one where my left winger got injured had a much higher tempo in a 442.

I mainly use a 4141 and that has a much lower tempo and I'm getting the majority of my injuries then.

On the bolded part, surely there was a better term to use than rape?! Hate the way Souness has made it "cool".

Used it as a term before Souness to be honest...

On lower tempo, its very odd to get more injuries than on a higher tempo...

Is it the same few players getting injured?

Could be a mix of bad fortune and injure prone players?

The thing is it was happening when I was at Bury also.

Exeter were in 23rd when I took them over and 8 points behind Dagenham and Redbridge. Secured league 2 status by beating Notts County on the final day of the season to send Dagenham and Redbridge down with Kidderminster! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Does any one Else's cursor turn into a football? It has happened me in season two. So re-started the game and it went back to normal for a while and then returned to a football.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Amazingly, Swansea havent shown me the door yet, despite failing to meet their points total demands twice now.

Having to go all out to keep my job. Loaning in Llorente, activated Wellington Nem's release clause of 17m and brought in Naingollan from PSG cheap. Might save my job, but club will be broke soon :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Just finished my first season with Le Havre, lost out on 1st place on the last game of the year but still get second and promoted up to Ligue 1. Only problem is we're in an incredibly poor financial state and I've only been offered £750k for the next season...

For the first time ever I'm considering moving on!

Picked up a steal in the second Season with Liverpool. Got Bruma From Gala for 2.4 mill. The sesason before he was signed from Sporting Lisbon for 7.5 mill but only played 7 games for Gala so they sold him to be for some mad reason. He is 4 and a half stars and only 19 so loads of time for him to improve too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

How are your teams average ratings?

I'm getting wins but my team seam to playing awful! Well below 7 every game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

For most of my season at PSG my assistant manager tries to convince me to rest Zlatan, Oh Michael Ballack this is what got the last assistant manager sacked, do you really want to play this game with me :pac:

Ive also realised the polar opposite to Pep, signed Messi have him on the wing with Zlatan taking my frees and penalties :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Beau wrote: »
    How are your teams average ratings?

I'm getting wins but my team seam to playing awful! Well below 7 every game.
    How far below 7?

I'd consider a 6 - 7 average rating ok, rather than awful.

Can't pick up wins at all. Doesn't help I keep getting a horrible run of games against big teams, but I've got a team who should be doing far better than they are. Can't seem to get them firing properly though.

EDIT: Now getting messages that paul Lambert has started showing up to my games cause he wants my job? **** off Lambert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Can't pick up wins at all. Doesn't help I keep getting a horrible run of games against big teams, but I've got a team who should be doing far better than they are. Can't seem to get them firing properly though.

EDIT: Now getting messages that paul Lambert has started showing up to my games cause he wants my job? **** off Lambert.
    I had Villas Boas for half a year and now hes a club favourite who keeps saying Im doing a good job :mad:

As much time as I invested in Swansea over three seasons, if I'm not fired, I think I'll walk anyway. Dont know why but cant buy good form with what should be a strong team, so think I'll head to Ireland and build a legacy there :P

Does any one know why went you start your second season with a team your Tactic Familiarity goes back down to the start again, even though you are playing the same tactic.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Does any one know why went you start your second season with a team your Tactic Familiarity goes back down to the start again, even though you are playing the same tactic.

Have you made a good few new signings? Could be that. The new players wouldn't know it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

rafi bomb wrote: »
    Have you made a good few new signings? Could be that. The new players wouldn't know it yet

Mine came down too, made a good few signings alright.

I'm with Liverpool. Got Lewandoski, Vitinho & Matuidi on free transfers. Some lad on loan for LB, Re-signed Pablo Hernandez on loan. Signed a few young lads but loaned them straight back to their clubs; Harrison to West Ham & Barbosa to Santos and a LB I can't remember the name of, he's only 15 tho.

My u21s have famished unfortuantely, barely even a team now let alone a squad, their all out on loan, and any u18s I think could play there are going on loan too. Sick that I can't find Brooklyn Beckham in it, had head he was with QPR in the game!

Need a RB to come in now to develop at the club just before Johnson wains off.

So after parting terms with Swansea, I started looking for jobs. Athletico gave me an interview, but didn't give me the job. Gladbach in German offered me a job though; they asked if 25m was enough to secure promotion from Div 2 to Div 1.

Yeah, I think I can do that :D Most I was given at Swansea was 20m, and that was to compete for a spot in Europe, so 25m to get a promotion should be doable :P

rafi bomb wrote: »

According to a couple of other forums it goes down with players been on holidays which i think is crap. Also people were saying you have to have a couple of friendlies to start it to rise again.

I only signed a couple of players but i don't think it should push your tactics familiarity back to the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

First season with Arsenal and i won the Premier league and Capital one cup.

Managed to sign Koke & Lewandowski for under 30M :D

• Advertisement

According to a couple of other forums it goes down with players been on holidays which i think is crap. Also people were saying you have to have a couple of friendlies to start it to rise again.

I only signed a couple of players but i don't think it should push your tactics familiarity back to the start.

Mine didn't go back to the start, maybe to two thirds full... Try having a longer pre-season with 5/6 friendlies next season?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,859 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Is it some sort of bug with the game just ending. Put the feet up on the day off spent about 4 hours scouting and signing players and the game just crashed. I have lost all interest in playing it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Is it some sort of bug with the game just ending. Put the feet up on the day off spent about 4 hours scouting and signing players and the game just crashed. I have lost all interest in playing it now.

That's why i save every hour.

Hour? I save every ten minutes :P

Weekly 3-file save here!

I just scored the easiest goal ever! I have it uploading now so I'll link to it here when it's done.

The videos I upload to youtube don't show up properly. :(

Anyway, the opposition goalkeeper had the ball and my striker stood in front of him and the goalkeeper kicked the ball off my striker and in it went.

I've got Exeter at mid-table and more than likely safely out of a relegation battle. We're doing well and the board are happy but it's hard to attract players.

I've just been offered a job interview for the Burton Albion job in League. Dunno if I should go for it or not. I haven't decided if it's gonna be one of those league 2 to champions league saves at one club for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

The handheld for iOS and Android is out now, €8.99.

• Advertisement

Mine didn't go back to the start, maybe to two thirds full... Try having a longer pre-season with 5/6 friendlies next season?
    Just in October now and its nearly two thirds full again. I have focused a lot on tactics so that has increased its level. Lesson learnt for next year .

Advertisement