Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2014 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    The handheld for iOS and Android is out now, €8.99.

I don't see this in the Play Store :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Found this interesting and a bit funny, does the Pope play FM
    Football Manager 2013 pirated over 10 million times
    Over 10 million people illegally downloaded Football Manager 2013, and its developer knows the IP address of every single one of them.

Speaking at the London Games Conference 2013, as reported by MCV, Football Manager producer Miles Jacobson said the game was cracked in May 2013, but the crack included a feature allowing Sports Interactive to log the IP of everybody who nabbed it illegally.

Of the 10.1 million pirates, Jacobson revealed the largest chunk came from China, with 3.2 million downloads. Another 1.05 million were from Turkey, and Portugal and Turkey came in next with 781,785 and 547,7000 respectively.

One illegal download was apparently made form inside the Vatican.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/14/football-manager-2013-pirated-over-10-million-times/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,859 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Lads this is fairly tough i am still trying to get into it. It seems impossible to sell a player for a decent fee and you have to overpay massively for most players.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Lads this is fairly tough i am still trying to get into it. It seems impossible to sell a player for a decent fee and you have to overpay massively for most players.

I've found it differs vastly for each player and, kind of like real life, there are turds of mine that no-one will buy - even for 10% of their value... Similarly every time I try to enquire into a hot youngster with a 100K value I get knockbacks of 5 million, same as when Arsenal bought Chamberlain or Utd with Smalling I guess.

It's one of the most frustrating things when you finally find a decent player who might come down to my **** club only to find their club think he is unreal and want me to pay through the nose for him :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

One thing thats annoying me this year is the amount of times my FB or winger gets to the by line and is squared up by the opposition FB, instead of crossing or going by them they try kick it off them for a corner, usually resulting in a goal kick.

Highly frustrating.

I've also had my g.k. sent off 3 times this year for coming for the ball and stepping out of the box after 3/4 steps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    First season with Arsenal and i won the Premier league and Capital one cup.

Managed to sign Koke & Lewandowski for under 30M :D

Did you sign Lewandowski in the first season?

I cant manage to sign any good striker for Arsenal in the first season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Did you sign Lewandowski in the first season?

I cant manage to sign any good striker for Arsenal in the first season.

Got him in January.
    Him and Ozil are some partnership.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Nuts102 wrote: »

Got to admit I'm finding it's not too bad on that front. Granted, I've not been after bigger players and relying on listed ones.

But In my first season as Swansea, I got Borini for 3.3m when he was valued at 5.5m, and then sold him on to Bayern two years later for 25m, despite the fact he was only valued at 7.5m and had demanded a transfer :P

Got to admit I'm finding it's not too bad on that front. Granted, I've not been after bigger players and relying on listed ones.

But In my first season as Swansea, I got Borini for 3.3m when he was valued at 5.5m, and then sold him on to Bayern two years later for 25m, despite the fact he was only valued at 7.5m and had demanded a transfer :P

Just started my second season with Swansea and have just signed Borini. He's been lighting it up in the pre-season. Scoring for fun. Bony is the same. He ended up the 3rd top scorer in the league last year. Although, the top scorer had scored only 17 league goals which I thought was unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I just sold Borini. For around 7.5m I think, can't remember. Told him he was welcome back but he was having none of it. His potential is 4star alright in it.

Chamahk was leading the top scorer charts the majority of the first season!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Turned down the Burton Albion interview but have just been offered an interview for Aberdeen. So many decisions to make!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Was offered a "Chelsea interview" but declined it. This must be a new feature, a interview instead of the job.

It makes way more sense. It's great!

I took the interview and purposely tried to sabotage it. Exeter came in and asked me to stay so I've decided to stay.

Mars Bar wrote: »

I took the interview and purposely tried to sabotage it. Exeter came in and asked me to stay so I've decided to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Mars Bar wrote: »

I didn't take the interview as i didn't want the job, but was curious, but was afraid to take it in case i upset my club. Do they ask you questions or which way does it work?

I applied for the Koln and Gladbach jobs at the same time. Gladbach gave me an interview, and the job, pretty quick.

Two months in game later, Koln come back and say "Hey, want the interview you applied for?"

Slowpoke.gif

bigron2109 wrote: »
    I didn't take the interview as i didn't want the job, but was curious, but was afraid to take it in case i upset my club. Do they ask you questions or which way does it work?

Yeah, they ask you questions on whether the wage and transfer budgets are good enough and your philosophies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭slingerz

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    The handheld for iOS and Android is out now, €8.99.

Anyone playing this?

Handheld has to be the way that this game is going to go in the future. I had it downloading last night but wont get a chance to play it until this evening.

2013 lacked a lot of depth in terms of control of the club and ability to manipulate tactics/add coaches or scouts so hopefully they've improved this side of things

I got FM13 for handheld last year and deleted it after about a week. IMO, handheld is rubbish and I hope they never shift their focus and make it a primarily handheld game.

End of 4th season; miss out on promotion with Gladback. Lost out in the playoff on away goals. Annoyed but not devestated; I've invested most of my cash into really promising kids, and one more year in Div 2 will give them a chance to improve and be ready for Div 1. I only lost two games in my time there, a few draws. Lost out really cause form was dreadful when I joined the club, so a full season should hopefully mean a good dominate run.

• Advertisement

Swansea just invited me for a job interview, 18 months after they fired me. They also sold off half the team I had built. **** them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Just got this there on Friday, haven't put too much time into but I'm really enjoying it and delighted to be back playing FM again.

I started with Wolves in League 1 and decided to sell on all the guys I don't really like. Wayne Hennessey, Roger Johnson, Richard Stearman and George Elokobi all went and brought in some decent fees, although I've only spent £340k on Martin Olsson from Blackburn. Brought in a number of lads on frees as I always look to do, Keith Fahey being the most notable, and a few loans like Shane Duffy from Everton and Michael Keane from Man Utd, to go with the strong squad of lads already there. Sako is a beast and Leigh Griffiths is a good poacher.

Anyone got any League 1/Championship gems I should look out for?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Just got this there on Friday, haven't put too much time into but I'm really enjoying it and delighted to be back playing FM again.

I started with Wolves in League 1 and decided to sell on all the guys I don't really like. Wayne Hennessey, Roger Johnson, Richard Stearman and George Elokobi all went and brought in some decent fees, although I've only spent £340k on Martin Olsson from Blackburn. Brought in a number of lads on frees as I always look to do, Keith Fahey being the most notable, and a few loans like Shane Duffy from Everton and Michael Keane from Man Utd, to go with the strong squad of lads already there. Sako is a beast and Leigh Griffiths is a good poacher.

Anyone got any League 1/Championship gems I should look out for?

I've started with Wolves too. Sold Johnson and Ward. Kept the rest, as my squad is pretty small, signed Aitor Monroy and Zaliukas on free. Elikobi is actually doing great for me, though Olsson is a great buy too. Sako and Ismail on both wings are tearing teams apart. Up front I play Doyle as a TM and rotate between Griffiths, Cassidy and Siguroarson. Top of the table after 15 games, though its crazy tight, only 3 points between 1st and 8th. Still a couple nice players to come back form being on loan for next season. Will definitely need about 3 signings to be solid in the Championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,953 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Keepers are too fecking good.

24 shots on target - 2 goals and a crap load of world class saves. Regularly. Feck off!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Anyone know when this is coming out for the PS Vita?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

YayaBanana wrote: »
    I've started with Wolves too. Sold Johnson and Ward. Kept the rest, as my squad is pretty small, signed Aitor Monroy and Zaliukas on free. Elikobi is actually doing great for me, though Olsson is a great buy too. Sako and Ismail on both wings are tearing teams apart. Up front I play Doyle as a TM and rotate between Griffiths, Cassidy and Siguroarson. Top of the table after 15 games, though its crazy tight, only 3 points between 1st and 8th. Still a couple nice players to come back form being on loan for next season. Will definitely need about 3 signings to be solid in the Championship.

Doing a season with Wolves myself. Sold Hennesy, Iklme and brought in Roy Carroll on a 1 year deal I use Aaron McCarey in the cup matches and the odd league match. Got rid of Elokobi,Roger Johnson and Richard Stearman brought in Michael Keane on loan from Man Utd I signed Shaun Williams from MK Dons and Ash Williams from Tranmere. I also signed Richie Towell for back up he does a decent job.

I sold Bakary Sakho to Palace for 4m and brought in Jesse Lingard on loan from Man Utd.

Leigh Griffiths was ****e for me so I sold him to leeds in the Jan window for 500k. Jake Cassidy didn't want to sign a new contract so I sold him for 500k. I managed to hold onto Kevin Doyle I made him captain and so far (Jan2014) hes banged in 20 goals. I re-signed Ebanks Blake and have Ashley Barnes in on loan whos playing brilliantly.

Plan is to get promoted and win the JPT and then hopefully get a few players in in the summer and go for promotion to the premier league. Hopefully get rid of the last few big earners and promote a few younger players. Iain Dowie is my assistant and brought in Steve Kean as head of youth development

I'm in Jan 2014 and i'm joint top with Peterborough I got knocked out of the league cup by Watford and got eliminated from the FA cup by Peterborough. I'm in the JPT Final though:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Just a quick one boys, is FM14 worth getting?

I thought FM 13 was only ok-ish, is the new game an improvement?

I finished mid table with Exeter last season so I've stuck with them.
    Approximately 20 games in to the new season and we've bouncing between first and second. Our finances are looking positive too which is great.

No matter how good my full backs are, they rarely perform well. I had no natural wingers at one stage due to injuries.

I'm expecting a play off position at the least. It'll help hugely to get promotion.

Wish there was a "I told you so" option with the board.

Signed a 22 year old striker for my Gladbach team (in German Div 2). After three games, I get called into a meeting where they say how unhappy they are i bought the player and he's useless, and they don't trust me with their cash now. 6 months on, he's the top scorer in the league by 5 goals, getting averages of 8....but do i get a chance to say "Told ya so" to the board? No, now everyone loves him. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Couldn't get anything going in season 2 with Swansea. Seemed like my players weren't up for it. In games we played badly, we lost badly. In games we dominated, we lost anyway. I got a message from the board saying if I didn't win my next game i'm a goner. Next game was v Man City and I was 3-0 don at HT. I went nuts at the players and set the team up to go all out offense! We won it 4-3. Saved my bacon.

Well, until the next game where we played bottom of the table Sunderland. We dominated, lost 1-0 and I was on the managerial scrapheap!

Advertisement