Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inistioge in the War of Independence

Options
  • 14-10-2013 11:07pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was just reading a few wiki pages on the war of independence in the kilkenny area and came across a paragraph saying how Ernie O'Malley, a fairly high up commander was captured in Inistioge organising or leading an attack on Woodstock House. Now I'd never heard about this before and was wondering if there are any amateur historians or indeed people who might have heard accounts about what actually happened? I had only ever heard different accounts of the fate of the building after the war so I would be very interested to hear a bit more about it.

I know O'Malley wrote a book on his experiences but I dont have access to it over here and ordering it would take some time so I thought I would ask here first

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Given the likes of Callan have a Historical society and several books, I'd imagine Inistioge has such a society as well perhaps?

Maybe have a look at http://www.inistioge.ie/ failing that maybe drop them a e-mail and they might be able to point you in the direction of somebody.

Advertisement