Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget Day - The Official After Hours Thread - (Ireland's undisputed Voice of Reason)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Let's not forget they had a huge part to play in putting us here.
    How people could ever consider voting for them again is beyond me.

We are not really spoilt for choice though are we. People only voted for FG to get rid of FF, not because they actually agreed with their policies (as we can see from the unrest). People will be angry at FG for the area's they attacked in their budgets, so they will go back to FF. Translation, we always end up going in circles. I maintain we should cull the lot of the féckers!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Gerlad

Fathers getting screwed with abolition of one parent family tax credit

Has this been confirmed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

krudler wrote: »
    "Minister Noonan is bringing forward the start date of the new Film Relief scheme to 2015 from 2016.
    It will be extended to include non-EU talent in order to help attract additional major film productions to these shores."

That's good, look at what Game of Thrones did for the North (no not that North) in terms of jobs, this country has some phenomenal scenery that'd be perfect for fantasy set films or period pieces, time to start using it more.

This is not good news as the current relief scheme is better than the new one imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Maybe hes posting in here! !

Yes, that's it....I was wondering who Ibarelycare really is........!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

More jobs in police, health and teaching.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Jaysus he is going to do a LOT with that 200 million:rolleyes:

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Yes, that's it....I was wondering who Ibarelycare really is........!

<_<
    >_>

Gerlad wrote: »
    Has this been confirmed?

One parent tax credit – being replaced with Single Person Child Carer Tax Credit of equal value – but only available to the primary carer, rather than both single parents being able to claim the original credit

Has this been confirmed?

Only one parent will get it, so if the parents are separated, and kids tend to live with the mother usually, he will lose it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

As an educated healthy thief I am sickened by this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Pity all the teachers and health staff have emigrated already if they were not in a job, but hopefully it will stem the flow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Has this been confirmed?

The tax credit will just be given to the primary carer - so basically, whichever parent gets children's allowance will also get the tax credit. I presume the father will be able to claim it if the mother isn't working or vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭mooman

IK09 wrote: »
    :pac: Does the 50c go on buckfast?

No...no change in the price of petrol:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Let's not forget they had a huge part to play in putting us here.
    How people could ever consider voting for them again is beyond me.

It's beyond me as well, but it's grating to hear 'FF put us in this mess!' at the start of every speech. I want a government that's focussing on getting us back to recovery, not badmouthing the other side so we'll re-elect them the next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

vitani wrote: »
    Could do without the digs at FF. Have no love for them, but there's a time and a place for cheap shots and this isn't it.

agreed , this blaming fianna fail is triesome at this stage.
    living in the past ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

"Within the next twelve months I expect that the vast majority of customers who are currently in (mortgage) arrears will have been offered and accepted a sustainable solution."

Errrrr......mortgage forgiveness on the horizon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Free gp care for under 5's

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

MadsL wrote: »

No, just the fare to Australia or Canada...!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Did he say that existing people under 23 on the JSA will also have their welfare cut to €100 along with new applicants.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,155 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

20 million for mental health services, not enough really

• Advertisement

bumper234 wrote: »

Great for the already suffering low and middle income persons, but I am sorry, there are so many people that can afford it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Why do we need 500 housing units?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Sustainable solution could easily refer to "forcible removal from property" :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

bumper234 wrote: »

And to fund that €115 million will be taken from the medical card scheme. That is a savage cutback to bring about a scheme that is not even means tested.

Shame on Labour for being proud of a scheme that is not even remotely means tested.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Let s hope not.

Pay up or GTFO is also an sustainable solution.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

20 million for mental health services, not enough really

What would be enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,155 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

what happened with the medical cards cut the number entitled to them or what

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

if this is going to be official budget thread, why isn't the OP being updated with what's happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

agreed , this blaming fianna fail is triesome at this stage.
    living in the past ffs.

I think it's great.

Let's never forget what those ***** did to this country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    We are not really spoilt for choice though are we. People only voted for FG to get rid of FF, not because they actually agreed with their policies (as we can see from the unrest). People will be angry at FG for the area's they attacked in their budgets, so they will go back to FF. Translation, we always end up going in circles. I maintain we should cull the lot of the féckers!

I still cannot fathom why people voted them in in 2007. Next election will be interesting, FG down, FF Up, SF Up, Labour significantly down, doesnt seem any real possible coalition. Could we see FF/FG?

Better then expected so far with the budget

Advertisement