Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget Day - The Official After Hours Thread - (Ireland's undisputed Voice of Reason)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

enda1 wrote: »
    That or do a road trip to freshers' week in every Irish 3rd level institution and stock up on the free condoms!

Where do you think my student OH got them!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Let him get the snip. 400 euros and thats it, no more bills.

they won't give it to him thats the problem,

they would save a lot more money if people who wanted them could have them,

i mean its literally 4 months child benefit, so that saves them 188 months of child benefit payments, if they did them for people, even paying for it ourselves (which we would gladly do) would save them 192 months * €130! its mind boggling why they put these polcy's in place that cost them money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

hoodwinked wrote: »
    some people (like myself) cannot have hormonal contraception, even though we know we do not want another child (for many reasons but one of which is affordability) yet we cannot get permanent (non hormonal) contraception in this country...

this budget seems fair enough but i cannot help feel there will be some shocks yet to come.

Theres the copper coil actually which is non hormonal and lasts up to 10 years

There is also the option of getting your tubes tied if you wanted it to be really permanant

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

they won't give it to him thats the problem,

they would save a lot more money if people who wanted them could have them,

i mean its literally 4 months child benefit, so that saves them 188 months of child benefit payments!

Who wont give it to him?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Doesn't sound like that bad of a budget

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

Who wont give it to him?

Has anyone asked him? maybe thats why the doctor wont give it to him. cause he doesnt want it. He wants more babies!

folan wrote: »
    Has anyone asked him? maybe thats why the doctor wont give it to him. cause he doesnt want it. He wants more babies!

BABIESBABIESBABIESBABIESBABIES!!!!!

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Theres the copper coil actually which is non hormonal and lasts up to 10 years

There is also the option of getting your tubes tied if you wanted it to be really permanant

It is near impossible to get your tude tied under a certain age (usually mid 30's) and after a few kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

When America defaults during the week, this budget will mean nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

How did this Thread turn from the budget to a bloke getting the snip ?

• Advertisement

there is always abstinence

jk

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

SCOOP 64 wrote: »

Noonan is giving us all the snip:D

SCOOP 64 wrote: »

Cost of babies on the taxpayer and the lack of government initiative to help.

folan wrote: »

but babies are too expensive, if he wants more babies he better start earning double his current salary! :D

seriously though, this budget targets pensioners (no more bereavement grants) the telephone allowance being cut is scandalous especially as its the only contact to the outside world or relatives some have since some pensioners cannot use mobiles.

i agree to be fair with the jobseekers cuts, he's right to push young people into work and education as opposed to dole, all i hope is they can back this up by making sure everyone who wants a job can have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Poor WB Yeats must be spinning in his grave today, first Michael Noonan was quoting lines from his poetry and now Pearse Doherty is at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,395 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

DIRT tax has fairly jumped the past 4 or so years.

From about 20% to 41%

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Is Enda half deaf he seems to have to turn his head to one side,its like he cant understand or hear Pearse

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Poor WB Yeats must be spinning in his grave today, first Michael Noonan was quoting lines from his poetry and now Pearse Doherty is at it.

as it for this the wild geese spread The grey wing upon every tide; For this that all that blood was shed, For this Edward Fitzgerald died, And Robert Emmet and Wolfe Tone, All that delirium of the brave? Romantic Ireland's dead and gone, It's with O'Leary in the grave.

rarnes1 wrote: »

From about 20% to 41%

savings are muck....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

From about 20% to 41%

Fairly understandable Keynesian strategy.

• Advertisement

seriously though, this budget targets pensioners (no more bereavement grants) the telephone allowance being cut is scandalous especially as its the only contact to the outside world or relatives some have since some pensioners cannot use mobiles.

I would agree with the telephone thing in some ways, but as the MIL is a pensioner and all she and her friends seem to do is gossip on the phone as opposed to walk the 100m to each others door, it kind of annoys me.

The bereavement grant thing is beyond a joke, you can make all the dirty comments in the world about people having the kids they cannot afford, but who can honestly say "Don't die if you can't afford to" Seriously messed up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Is Enda half deaf he seems to have to turn his head to one side,its like he cant understand or hear Pearse

Nah , thats just the sh1t between his ears .

From about 20% to 41%

My mattress gives me 0%

i jest i jest....

the safe in the kitchen does though!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

as it for this the wild geese spread The grey wing upon every tide; For this that all that blood was shed, For this Edward Fitzgerald died, And Robert Emmet and Wolfe Tone, All that delirium of the brave? Romantic Ireland's dead and gone, It's with O'Leary in the grave.
    Aw :(

I would spread the cloths under your feet:
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
    I have spread my dreams under your feet;
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

but babies are too expensive, if he wants more babies he better start earning double his current salary! :D

Good. something to aim for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    I would agree with the telephone thing in some ways, but as the MIL is a pensioner and all she and her friends seem to do is gossip on the phone as opposed to walk the 100m to each others door, it kind of annoys me.

The bereavement grant thing is beyond a joke, you can make all the dirty comments in the world about people having the kids they cannot afford, but who can honestly say "Don't die if you can't afford to" Seriously messed up!

I read somewhere that people will still be able to apply for an exceptional needs payment to cover funeral costs - they're just getting rid of the specific grant for it. Which, tbh, covers only a fraction of the cost of a funeral anyway.

What need you, being come to sense,
    But fumble in a greasy till
    And add the halfpence to the pence
    And prayer to shivering prayer, until
    You have dried the marrow from the bone;
    For men were born to pray and save;
    Romantic Ireland's dead and gone,
    It's with O'Leary in the grave.

Apt IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Any changes to the drugs payment scheme?

Still not sure about this but I'm presuming not ?

wolfpawnat wrote: »

HA my mil is the exact same, however i will now have to teach my grandmother moreso on how to use her mobile (and not just send me blank texts when she is trying to ring my cousin) and she is not an easy woman to teach, i know she gets annoyed that her grandchildren understand something she cant' grasp and its embarrassing which then causes her to lash out in frustration

but mobile really is the way to go, she was struggling with the €100 bi monthly phone bills as is. she'd use less then €20 credit in a month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

Young people have no options when it comes to work.... There is none... The government are pushing young people to work for free, or leave.
    Simples.
    In twenty years time this will show, society will have a gaping gap. Cutting young people dole ( the very people who want to work) is madness.

Jobsbridge and forced training is coming for all our children. I personally am making sure one of my children is learning German.
    50 cent on wine is harsh. 10cent on fags is ridiculous. Wine sort of harms. Fags seriously kill....

Advertisement