Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog poop at home!

• 15-10-2013 7:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

Just wondering what anyone else does regarding it!

I've 4 very large dogs. Now, normally I pick it up and put it in a bag and then dispose of it into the general house waste. However my waste is moving to pay by weight and of course I got thinking that this is heavy when added up over the year! Mainly due that they do their business on stones so of course some of it has stones mixed up in it!

Any other solutions!?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Howdy,

Just wondering what anyone else does regarding it!

I've 4 very large dogs. Now, normally I pick it up and put it in a bag and then dispose of it into the general house waste. However my waste is moving to pay by weight and of course I got thinking that this is heavy when added up over the year! Mainly due that they do their business on stones so of course some of it has stones mixed up in it!

Any other solutions!?

I remember seeing a dog waste composter a few years ago but haven't seen one since. From what I remember I was pricey and you had to buy special stuff to break it down. I have 3 labs and I honestly don't think their poo makes my bin too heavy! They only go twice a day each. And maybe one of those might be out on a walk so I put it in public bin if available. Do you recycle? My green bin is always full every two weeks and full it much quicker than my black bin! I don't have a brown bin as I found I never filled it and it was so stinky! Also shop around for prices from other bin companies. You could try and train your dogs not to go on the stones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Pick it up using a spade daily and flush it down the toilet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Dog waste thing, I'll look into that.

Should add that I have my own biocycle so don't fancy flushing it and of course there is no local bins to put it in!

I've 2 St Bernards and 2 Rotts. I can fill a 80lt bin a month! Its the fact they **** on stones and I don't fancy pulling the stones out of each poop!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

You could also try the Raw food diet and their **** will turn to Chalk like powder for your flower beds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

WIZE wrote: »
    You could also try the Raw food diet and their **** will turn to Chalk like powder for your flower beds

+1 what are you feeding? Normally a higher quality food (be it dry or raw( will reduce their ermmm 'output' and will save you money in the long run. Take a look on zooplus etc. My bro in his last house had an outside loo and would just flush the poo lol!

• Advertisement

The level of poop and its emmm quality for the want of a better word is fine. Its just what to do with it!!!!!!

Can you put dog poop in the brown bin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

No it can't go in the brown bin afaik.

You'll have to get a silo like Homer :pac: :p:p

Pig_crap_silo.jpg

hahahahahahaha! It's looking that way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

Wasnt there a guy on dragons den with an adaptor type thingy for the house waste pipe? The dog dunit or something... Let me have an auld google

Edited to add:
    www.thedogdunit.com

On Facebook too with vids. Thought his face was familiar... He's based in Limerick. I genuinely don't know this chap. Hope it's ok to share...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

• Advertisement
Advertisement