Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in carlow

Options
  • 15-10-2013 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, looking for some help. Friend of mine has to travel from portlaoise to carlow for work. He used to park up at woodies but they have started clamping there. Is there any other spots around that are free or low cost? Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Depends what side of town she works in but the car [park at the irishmans is only 3/4 euro for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

Hey tommy, he works on Kennedy ave so smack in the centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Parking up at the old Super Valu is €10 per week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

what about carlow college? do they charge? there are plenty of places if you know where. I really should say, but lets just say that the IT Carlow kids were in trouble for parking in green road estate. hint hint ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

tonyheaney wrote: »
    what about carlow college? do they charge? there are plenty of places if you know where. I really should say, but lets just say that the IT Carlow kids were in trouble for parking in green road estate. hint hint ;);)
    Carlow college I think has barrier controlled private parking, the public carpark beside it at Visual is metered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Not a great selection for free parking in Carlow, if I'm honest.
    Supervalue by Pollertion is free, but it's a good 15 min walk into town from there. Askea Church is also free. Same again though. Gala shop by the old burn road (beside Fairgreen) might be free. Someone else will have to make sure of that. I wouldn't park there past 9pm myself though. Green Road Estate (beside IT Carlow) is free, but is a complete nightmare to find parking in, if it's during a college semester. I know of one or two people who park in the Guard station from time to time. Mainly when they good for a drink, and leave the park in town. Just somewhere to consider.
    Places along the road by O'Loughlins/Leveretts are free, I think. I've noticed cars parked there for ages.
    That's all I can think of. Other then that, you're looking at paying for somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

You could park in the Seven Oaks carpark.

Is the carpark at the apartments near the Celtic Linen site not free parking?

Mister Man wrote: »
    Not a great selection for free parking in Carlow, if I'm honest.
    Supervalue by Pollertion is free, but it's a good 15 min walk into town from there. Askea Church is also free. Same again though. Gala shop by the old burn road (beside Fairgreen) might be free. Someone else will have to make sure of that. I wouldn't park there past 9pm myself though. Green Road Estate (beside IT Carlow) is free, but is a complete nightmare to find parking in, if it's during a college semester. I know of one or two people who park in the Guard station from time to time. Mainly when they good for a drink, and leave the park in town. Just somewhere to consider.
    Places along the road by O'Loughlins/Leveretts are free, I think. I've noticed cars parked there for ages.
    That's all I can think of. Other then that, you're looking at paying for somewhere.

Gala shop by the old burn road (beside Fairgreen) might be free.

Please do not park on gala. these are infact reserved for the apartments. While one person may park there others will follow and this will become an issue in the future. The rule is park there go in to shop and go.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭oscillating wildely

Please do not park on gala. these are infact reserved for the apartments. While one person may park there others will follow and this will become an issue in the future. The rule is park there go in to shop and go.

So in one post you intimate parking in a residential area yet in another post you plead with people not to park in a residential area.......

So in one post you intimate parking in a residential area yet in another post you plead with people not to park in a residential area.......

LOLO i Know :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

I'm not sure on the number of apartments that are around there, but I'm guessing very few - Combined with the fact it's in the middle of town, so a few won't even have a car, I'm guessing sweet shag all of the parking spaces are being used for residents.
    I park there if I can't find parking in Fairgreen, which is most Saturday's, and will continue to do so. It's handy, and it's free.
    I put up with people parking around where I live, and so do many others. As long as it's not blocking me, I'm fine with it.
    For some reason, I doubt residents are fighting to get a space at any time there.
    Also, why post about parking at Green Road, but you don't want anyone to park by Gala? Surely that area is a better spot to park then Green Road, all things considered? (Free spaces/cost/location/etc)

Advertisement