Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with savings?

Options
  • 15-10-2013 9:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hello, I'm looking for advise on the following I have approximately €25.000 in saving and I'm wondering what is the best way to get a maximum return on my savings?

I'm with Ulster bank and they offer a decent return on savings up to 15.000 (2.5%) but only 1% on savings after 15.000.

Should i open an additional saving account somewhere else and put the remaining 10.000 in there?

Are there any better options? I do want to keep access to my money and not lock it away.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Depdends how much risk you can take.

But 1% isn't a good return, so maybe you're right, move anything above 15k into another bank where you should be able to get at least 2%

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Liam D Ferguson

This list of best buys may help.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,463 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

DIRT tax has just been announced to be heading for 41% next year so not much to be made thanks to Noonan and Co

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭joostl

Thanks for in the information, would it be possible for me to open an another saving account in Ulster bank? Or is it only possible to have 1 single savings account per bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Liam D Ferguson

joostl wrote: »
    Thanks for in the information, would it be possible for me to open an another saving account in Ulster bank? Or is it only possible to have 1 single savings account per bank?

Double-check this with Ulster Bank but I'd expect that they'll allow you to open a second savings account but combine the balances for the purposes of calculating your interest rate. It would be too easy otherwise. If there's a Mrs joostl, however...

• Advertisement
Advertisement