Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunch stopover for stag travelling Sligo to Galway

Options
  • 15-10-2013 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hi we have a party of 19 lads heading to Galway on a stag party next sat 26th. We are looking to stop for Lunch and a pint on the way. I've got prices for 2 courses from the trappers inn, sheridans of milltown and the arches hotel in claregalway. Does anyone know if these are any good or any suggestions for somewhere else

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,893 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I've been in Sheridan's once and if my memory serves me right, it'd be tight for a group of 19. I stand to be corrected on that though.
    I've had dinner once in the Arches and it was decent.

There's the Ard Ri in Tuam which could be an option for ye too.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭th hen

Cheers mars bar I will check out ard na ri, sheridans seats 55 so we should have room if decide on their. All about getting decent food and a nice bar for a pint or three after before heading on into Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

McHughs just outside Galway City. Plenty of room to park cars/bus. Loads of room for a party of 20 or so.

Cheers Anto sent an email there to them, see what offer they come back with.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ir555

th hen wrote: »
    Cheers Anto sent an email there to them, see what offer they come back with.

+1 on mchughs bar!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

antoobrien wrote: »
    McHughs just outside Galway City. Plenty of room to park cars/bus. Loads of room for a party of 20 or so.

Second these guys, can't go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,893 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I've heard good things about McHugh's food too actually. Do they show soccer matches? Would be handy stop for me to catch a match on my way home from Galway some weekends.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I've heard good things about McHugh's food too actually. Do they show soccer matches? Would be handy stop for me to catch a match on my way home from Galway some weekends.

I'm sure they have they have a big telly anyway.

send them a facebook msg.

https://www.facebook.com/MchughsPubRestaurant?fref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

antoobrien wrote: »

Is that mchughs out by Corinthians?

Is that mchughs out by Corinthians?

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Mars Bar wrote: »

They do.

thanks everyone, i got talking to them this morning and got it booked.

Advertisement