Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rep.Ireland v Kazakhstan KO 19:45 *Mod Note Post #125*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,355 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Anchorman_well_that_escalated_quickly_966.jpg

King reminded me of Brian Cody shredding Marty Morrisey a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭roanoke

I think the RTE and the panel are just worried that someone finally called them out on their shít-stirring, 5-minutes-research nonsense.

Now they're worried their viewership might wake up and realise how completely clueless and irrelevant they collectively are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Well that was a joke, Dunphy attacking Daragh Moloney in almost word for word repeat of King on O'Donoghue. Belittling Moloney like that on air "Do you know the difference?". Clown and I can't stand him. He is the definition of an unprofessional, immature bully with something not unpleasant about him. But what does he care, the man on the street thinks he is great and will be snatching the sun/star or whatever rag gives him license to spread his vitriol.

The FAI, the management and the RTE panel are all equally embarrassing. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

To be fair, King is so out of his depth its unbelievable. He should never have been given the position even on a short term basis. Way, way out of his depth and his interview was atrocious for a post international match interview. Atrocious and unprofessional but he shouldn't have been in that position in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

They are pathetic tbh appealing to the "public" cause king called em out for what they where to be a troll dunphy you need to be able to take it in reply with out running to mummy at the first sign of resistance think you would of learned that by now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

Dunphy is such a coward.
    Richie licking up...looking for a long term job.
    King wont put up with Tony's ****e.

O'Donoghue put fair points to him. King is a jobber. "I work for the FAI and will do whatever they ask........" "The Boys in green........"

How much is he getting paid by the FAI?, surely enough that he would be expected to behave in a remotely professional manner in an interview after a game.

Tony O'Donoghue does a great job in those interviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Surely the Euro 2008 campaign was worse than this one, the 5-1 hammering by Cyprus, the late late injury time winner v San Marino etc

But Euro 2008 had its triumphs too, wins over Wales and Slovakia, draws with Czech Rep and Germany. The only good result Ireland got this time was 0-0 in Stockholm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭clickhere

Noel king was out at rovers when Giles and Dunphy came back from England to start the football revolution at milltown. There is history between Kinger and Dunphy. If were looking for a bully here,i would not be looking at Noel King.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭dmc17

Lennonist wrote: »
    O'Donoghue put fair points to him. King is a jobber. "I work for the FAI and will do whatever they ask........" "The Boys in green........"

How much is he getting paid by the FAI?, surely enough that he would be expected to behave in a remotely professional manner in an interview after a game.

Exactly. "I work for the FAI but now I'm gonna make a show of myself and them too. Go crazy? Don't mind if I do!!" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

To be fair, King is so out of his depth its unbelievable. He should never have been given the position even on a short term basis. Way, way out of his depth and his interview was atrocious for a post international match interview. Atrocious and unprofessional but he shouldn't have been in that position in the first place.

So out of his depth he got the team to put in a better result against germany than the billion time awarded trap and a much more composed abet tootless to a degree game against the team tonight one we struggled to beat luckly last time again under the billion time awarded trap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Why does Dunphy keep saying Reid was out of position? :confused:

Genuinely baffled.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

King should go back to managing the women, he's a jobber as the poster above me said - himself and Delaney are the type of clueless bluffers that got us into this mess

Dunphy, of course, is also a clueless bluffer but in the tv studio those traits are more forgivable because it doesn't really matter in that context and is entertaining

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I honestly don't think Dunphy actually understands the difference between the AMC in a 4-2-3-1 and a centre forward.

He's said about 7million times tonight that reid was playing as a centre forward tonight.

He's either blind or an idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Someone like King has to go to classes about how to handle the media.
    The real discussion for me is the way we play our football (like on the deck) and developing the players properly along with the League of Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Richie better check his arse for splinters after this match. Talk about sitting on the fence.

Lennonist wrote: »

I think King is a complete joke and yes, he should have just been quiet and kept moving.

But look at it from his point of view: He was told he was purely caretaker for 2 games and not in the running, and in the 2 weeks he's been in the job the tag-team of Giles/Dunphy have completely tried to destroy whatever image he might have in the public eye. Yes, he is out of his depth, but there is a nasty touch that we have seen many times before. When Dunphy doesn't like someone, he doesn't hide it. And he makes it personal. He is a complete hypocrite to be leaping to O'Donoghue's defence like that, dressing it up as a service to the public and his RTE colleague. He is a bully. You don't agree with the tactics or selection, fair enough. Spare us the "travesty", "Shambles" and "real footballing people will be shocked/saddened/..." brand of crap.

This isn't an analysis panel, it's school-yard bullying.

And I would love to see him manage the team, put your f**king money where that cavernous hole in your face is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

#DunphyInwithNoelasAssistant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Dunphy in for Ireland job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Seems like no-one on the panel has even heard of Guus Hiddink.

I would have Mick McCarthy back though. Even as a former Sunderland manager I always liked him. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Like Dunphy actually gives a sh*te about Tony O'Donoghue

Deal with the issue raised of Doyle playing out of position. The lads don't like being told to "do their homework".

King behaved like a kid, but Dunphy has shown a nasty streak tonight.

Too many casual fans giving these goons in the studio god like status and my god they know it.

Mentioning Brian Cody now, saying he always has dignity in interviews, did Dunphy not see his filleting of Marty Morrissey?

Dunphy appeals to the lowest common denominator. Spouts sh*te, clearly does no research (and reacts in a nasty way when he is reminded of the fact) and looks to Giles to back him up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

bizmark wrote: »
    So out of his depth he got the team to put in a better result against germany than the billion time awarded trap and a much more composed abet tootless to a degree game against the team tonight one we struggled to beat luckly last time again under the billion time awarded trap
    k

I agree with hornet on this one...performances in both games was very very poor and team organization very poor. Kings demeanour and indeed his behaviour was that of a man completely out of his depth as I said on Friday. To me it says more about the organization he is part of and its leadership than it says about him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    I think King is a complete joke and yes, he should have just been quiet and kept moving.

But look at it from his point of view: He was told he was purely caretaker for 2 games and not in the running, and in the 2 weeks he's been in the job the tag-team of Giles/Dunphy have completely tried to destroy whatever image he might have in the public eye. Yes, he is out of his depth, but there is a nasty touch that we have seen many times before. When Dunphy doesn't like someone, he doesn't hide it. And he makes it personal. He is a complete hypocrite to be leaping to O'Donoghue's defence like that, dressing it up as a service to the public and his RTE colleague. He is a bully. You don't agree with the tactics or selection, fair enough. Spare us the "travesty", "Shambles" and "real footballing people will be shocked/saddened/..." brand of crap.

This isn't an analysis panel, it's school-yard bullying.

And I would love to see him manage the team, put your f**king money where that cavernous hole in your face is.

He was complimentary about King before the Germany match.

Seaneh wrote: »
    I honestly don't think Dunphy actually understands the difference between the AMC in a 4-2-3-1 and a centre forward.

He's said about 7million times tonight that reid was playing as a centre forward tonight.

He's either blind or an idiot.

Dunphy used the term "outside right" tonight. I think it's fairly clear he hasn't done his homework recently.

clickhere wrote: »
    Noel king was out at rovers when Giles and Dunphy came back from England to start the football revolution at milltown. There is history between Kinger and Dunphy. If were looking for a bully here,i would not be looking at Noel King.

Well, this explains everything.

As usual we the tax-paying, football loving, joe-soaps of Ireland are having to endure Dunphy turning the post-match analysis into a farce so he can grind his axe in public.

I'm sorry, that's not on.

Move on and let's get some decent panel like, oh I don't know, the off-the-ball/second captains lads. Enjoyable and insightful, not bitter and nasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

we look being second seeds now for the Euros, which is great news. only way this can be changed, is if Romania win both their play off games.

how nobody takes Dunphy to task over some of his spoofing. I'd love to see him get brutally exposed as being a spoofer by someone with an Arsenal of clips of his nonsense.

Tackle him on technical stuff, like his failure to understand Andy Reid's role tonight for instance. Run some footage of his hounding of Mick McCarthy out of the job back in the day, intertwinned with some footage of him throwing him into the mix for the current vacancy.

The fellow "analysts" seem to be too thick (Brady/Sadlier) or either too far up his hole (Giles) to pull him up on anything.

Its amazing.

Ush1 wrote: »
    He was complimentary about King before the Germany match.

Probably because he was still having a go at Trapattoni.

He also seems to be a big Mick fan again.

As someone above said, appealing to the lowest common denominator. He is only looking to create drama, get his little jabs in and sell column inches in the morning paper.

It's easy to say whoever isn't in the team/job is what we need to compete, it's pure conjecture and fantasy and if you say it with enough conviction, people will believe it. Like we've been led to believe Andy Reid is the quality playmaker who would have got us qualification. He was good tonight, against a crap team.

Please give him the job and lets see some of his post match interviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Seaneh wrote: »
    LOL and Giles acting like the panel are anything other than a comedy act at this stage.

King called a spade a spade on friday night.
    No he didn't. He came out with a load of rubbish saying Ireland were great and trying to say we nearly drew 2-2 with Germany completely ignoring the 7 clear cut chances Germany missed. Comes across as a complete spoofer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

we look being second seeds now for the Euros, which is great news. only way this can be changed, is if Romania win both their play off games.

Romania v Portugal please! 2nd seeds so with Mick back in charge we'll get to 2016 no bother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

how nobody takes Dunphy to task over some of his spoofing. I'd love to see him get brutally exposed as being a spoofer by someone with an Arsenal of clips of his nonsense.

Tackle him on technical stuff, like his failure to understand Andy Reid's role tonight for instance. Run some footage of his hounding of Mick McCarthy out of the job back in the day, intertwinned with some footage of him throwing him into the mix for the current vacancy.

The fellow "analysts" seem to be too thick (Brady/Sadlier) or either too far up his hole (Giles) to pull him up on anything.

Its amazing.

He is only a pundit. Why take it so seriously. Nobody takes redknapp and co on sky too seriously. He is entitled to his opinion.

Romania will be unseeded, so this outcome seems highly probable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

He was touting Hoolahan for the playmaker role for the last few months!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Worst thing is that non-football people watch Dunphy and Giles and then spout their bull as gospel.

Giles questions why was Doyle played out of position on the right, and then proceeds to say we need to find somewhere for Pilkington and Hoolahan. They're complete dinosaurs and they need to be put into retirement.

England and Ireland have the worst kind of analysts and in certain aspects media there is. They're more interested in scandal and the negatives than providing solutions or having genuine tactical analysis. Give me a panel of Souness, Brady and Didi any day to the muppets there at the minute.

Edit: they're expectations are completely off the wall too. Having played and coached the game, if you don't have the players then you need to come up with a system (and it may not be pretty) to play at that level. To think it's a case of firing out 11 Premier League footballers and saying 'go on lads, give it everything'.. they're still stuck in a dressing room in the 1970's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

I have seen Dunphy on the panel prematch and been called out to pick stuff up from RTE only to see him out side having a smoke while the match is on.
    How do you expect him to know what happens in a match,maybe the others give him a quick run down of what happened.

Brady is a spoofer aswell

• Advertisement

I take the point that "analysis" should not be taken so seriously.

But god is it f*cking tiresome.

Dempsey wrote: »
    Brady is a spoofer aswell

Spoofers don't work as Head of Youth development at a club like Arsenal for almost 20 years.

Spoofers don't work as Head of Youth development at a club like Arsenal for almost 20 years.

His blotted his copybook badly when he blindly defended Trapattoni at every turn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Poor game of football this evening. I was very frustrated at how often the ball went backwards. Possession is no use when it is in your own half. The team selection was a poor one too.

Best bit of excitement was King tearing the arse off O'Donohue. His questions weren't unreasonable but considering some of the disgraceful questions he gave Trap over the years I couldn't help but feel this was overdue. Dunphy's self-righteous moralizing was ridiculous considering his antics.

King is way out of his depth though and it's a concern if he's the one tasked with bringing the youth through.

The main positive we can take out of this campaign is that the penny has dropped for supporters on how limited we are. Time to go back to the drawing board from top to bottom. Whoever comes in, the job that's required is massive. It will take a brave man to take it on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

why were they making a mountain out of a mole hill??

you'd think noel king had said something particularly nasty which he didn't

> Dunphy seemed to be tad emotional tonight from the get go, wonder was there words exchanged beforehand off screen????

• Advertisement

fryup wrote: »
    why were they making a mountain out of a mole hill??

you'd think noel king had said something particularly nasty which he didn't

> Dunphy seemed to be tad emotional tonight from the get go, wonder was there words exchanged beforehand off screen????

Not only is Noel King out of his depth, it seems that when the sh*t hits the fan Richie Sadlier and Darragh Maloney are out of their depth too.

Ken Early and Eoin McDevitt would have been good tonight.

The main positive we can take out of this campaign is that the penny has dropped for supporters on how limited we are. Time to go back to the drawing board from top to bottom. Whoever comes in, the job that's required is massive. It will take a brave man to take it on.
    Disagree. We were bad tonight but it was better than most of the crap Trap served up. The lack of hoofing was refreshing.

A limited manager like King achieved this. If we get a manager in who will play the players in the right positions we have a decent team with the ability to pass it about. Brady and McGeady on the wings tonight instead of Doyle and Stokes would have made a nice team I reckon.

Dempsey wrote: »
    His blotted his copybook badly when he blindly defended Trapattoni at every turn.

Against the same fella's who hailed Trap as a great appointment because they hadn't a bulls notion of how he sets up teams. I'd like to think Trap (and Brady) is infinitely more qualified to speak and coach football than those two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

most positive thing from King's reign was that he brought back a few players who fell out with Trap.

So it'll be less drama when the new man comes in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Knowing our luck, Romania will get Iceland... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

that game was painful to watch, was looking forward to King's reign for the 2 matches but his team selection for both games has been extremely disappointing. He's a likable kind of guy but my estimation of him went down a peg or two for the way he reacted to Tony O'Donoghue's questions. As for the RTE panel, well it's time for a shake up. Get rid of them all, bar Sadlier and Bill (okey doke), Dunphy can be funny but he's a fúcking arsehole who wouldn't know what to do if he was given the responsibility to coach the Irish team. Brady is a tosser for the way he reacted to any negativity to Trap, they way he would defend him would make you think twice that they were lovers. I dont actually mind Giles too much, but he's gettin auld and maybe it's time for him to retire

DazMarz wrote: »
    Knowing our luck, Romania will get Iceland... :(
    I'm guessing both of them are unseeded so can't play each other?

Pighead wrote: »
    I'm guessing both of them are unseeded so can't play each other?

Plus no doubt FIFA are already working as we speak to engineer some way so that France gets Iceland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

A team of:
    Forde/Westwood
    Coleman Dunne Clark O'Brien
    Gibson McCarthy
    McGeady Hoolahan/Reid Brady
    Long/Stokes

with subs like Wilson/McClean, Keane, o'Shea and more to add to the mix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

Complete over-reaction from Noel King in the post match interview with Tony O'Donoghue. No need for that at all especially when it was the end of the campaign and he was only in charge for 5 minutes!

• Advertisement
Advertisement