Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rep.Ireland v Kazakhstan KO 19:45 *Mod Note Post #125*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

He obviously has a thing for Kevin Doyle, dont get it myself???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Forde
    Coleman-O'Shea-Dunne-Wilson
    Gibson-McCarthy

Reid
    Stokes
    Doyle
    Keane

I think? Or it could be 4-4-2 with Reid on one wing and Doyle the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

SantryRed wrote: »

Forde
    Gibson-McCarthy

Reid
    Stokes
    Doyle
    Keane

Prolly the latter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Noel King's team v Kazakhstan has just been announced: Forde,Coleman,Dunne, O'Shea,Wilson,Gibson,McCarthy,Reid, Stokes, Doyle, Keane

Wtf
    Other than Keane (I'd have Long in there) - that's a great team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

If there's one thing Trap and king have in common it's there fondness for not playing actual wingers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

McGeady instead of Doyle on the right wing and that's a pretty decent team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

It's such a strange lineup that I'm actually looking forward to the game now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,423 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

No natural wingers on ???:mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Hoolahan must be pulling his hair out :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

John Giles - "Kakistan".

No natural wingers on ???:mad::mad:
    Andy Reid is a natural winger. Stokes plays quite a bit out wide for Celtic.

SantryRed wrote: »

Forde
    Gibson-McCarthy

Reid
    Stokes
    Doyle
    Keane

I'd say it'll be 4-4-2 with Stokes and Reid playing wide with Doyle as the target man and Keane playing off his shoulder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Has Dunphy had a few Gin & Tonics or is he always like this?

He looks a bit pissed to me.

Aviva looks empty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

The RTE boys are at it already. Giles reckons formations aren't that important.

And when Sadlier tries to logically explain that players instructions could be the basis of the Irish plan they shoot him down with 'there's no evidence to support what you've said'... when the game hasn't kicked off yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Zico wrote: »
    Has Dunphy had a few Gin & Tonics or is he always like this?

He looks a bit pissed to me.

We could all do with a drink to liven things up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Showing Andy Reid footage from 6 years ago, Jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Reid is not mobile enough to play on the wing at this level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

Lads what happened Anthony Pilkington wasnt he in the squad last friday night for the Germany game but hes not included tonight?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

"First starting point". Noel doesn't seem the brightest.

• Advertisement

Maybe so as I haven't seen Reid inn years. I saw Stokes the last day .... he didn't impress. Thought he was a centre-forward?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Maybe so as I haven't seen Reid inn years. I saw Stokes the last day .... he didn't impress. Thought he was a centre-forward?

He's a striker. Best played with a partner but has played out wide before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

Reid is no longer a natural winger, but he has matured into being a very effective attacking midfielder for Forest over the last 2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Sergio wrote: »
    Lads what happened Anthony Pilkington wasnt he in the squad last friday night for the Germany game but hes not included tonight?

injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

He's a centre forward who is usually not the top man at a club so invariably gets played out wide. Make of that what you will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

2-0 win for Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Iceland could make the play-offs if results go their way tonight. They're 0-1 up away to Norway. Gwan ICELAND!!

"he's played 5-4-3-2-1.......or whatever it is...."

Giles may be a great for Ireland but he's a dinosaur. He gets confused so easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Even Bill O'Herlihy has no interest in being at this match tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

Bosnia just scored. Looks like they will go through as group winners

• Advertisement

gilmour wrote: »
    Reid is no longer a natural winger, but he has matured into being a very effective attacking midfielder for Forest over the last 2 years
    Every game he's played this season for Forest has been wide left. If you've been watching the Football League highlights show, you'll see that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

Every game he's played this season for Forest has been wide left. If you've been watching the Football League highlights show, you'll see that.

I go to every game at the City Ground, he is left of a diamond 4, we dont play with width at Forest never mind wingers

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Reid is not mobile enough to play on the wing at this level.
    Reid is more mobile now than he was 6 years ago!

Anyway, I am sick of seeing us picking brainless wingers who keep running into players and giving away possession far too cheaply. McGeady, McClean, Hunt, Lawrence, Keogh, etc. have all been given chances - lots of mobilty, but a lack of ability (some more than others of course).

Reid worked for us before he was dumped out of the team because the manager was too pig-headed to realise his quality. He deserves a chance.

Anyway, I am sick of seeing us picking brainless wingers who keep running into players and giving away possession far too cheaply. McGeady, McClean, Hunt, Lawrence, Keogh, etc. have all been given chances - lots of mobilty, but a lack of ability (some more than others of course).

Reid worked for us before he was dumped out of the team because the manager was too pig-headed to realise his quality. He deserves a chance.

McGeady is a cut above anyone else you've listed. Yes, his end product is sketchy and his shooting is poor. But you show me a winger that is consistently brilliant and ill show you a 50 million price tag and one of a handful of worldclass wingers. There are barely any. We are lucky to have even one decent winger. Running down blind allies and occasionally losing the ball is just something that you have to accept with pacey, trickey wingers.

He should be in the team every time for his ability to scare opposition alone. He is frequently doubled up on for a reason.....and this creates space for the rest of the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Thats not the Kazakhstan Anthem I am familiar with...

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭jeffery lebowski

How Anthony Stokes can be played ahead of Wes Hoolahan is mind boggling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭roanoke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

jesus this never ends

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Ireland's strongest aspect is the wingers IMO. McGeady, Brady and Pilkington is quality matched in few other areas of the squad (Though I know that says more about the squad than the wingers necessarily being top class).

So that none of them are playing is bizzare (Though I know Brady's not in squad).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

If Coleman is booked tonight does he miss the first qualifier of the Euros?

Likewise if anyone is sent off tonight are they banned for the Euro qualifier too?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭jeffery lebowski

You know yourself. A few poor performances and suddenly he is a terrible player. It seems to be a trend in modern football that a few good games your a world beater and a few bad your crap.

I support Leeds utd and when the season began McDermott could do no wrong and after a difficult month some of the Leeds support are calling for his head. Its Crazy stuff

I didn't say he was a bad player - but who does he think he is criticising the manager when he has played to piss poorly on the recent chances he has been given. I think it's a 'modern trend' in football that jumped up youngsters without a medal or career to their name can resort to social media to promote their reputation rather than getting their head down and doing their job..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

i actually like the look of the line-up

should be a lot going through the middle and hopefully we can create some good chances there, ive never been confident of our cross conversion ability

KevIRL wrote: »
    If Coleman is booked tonight does he miss the first qualifier of the Euros?

Likewise if anyone is sent off tonight are they banned for the Euro qualifier too?

No. It starts over. Only red cards carry as far as I'm aware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

no one at the stadium why didnt they cut ticket prices to 15 euro at the low end how could that possible be worse than haveing it 75% empty

• Advertisement

Who was your one with the plate?

Ah jaysus, not the Fields of Athenry.

FFS The Fields of Athenry :mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Nobody at the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

That pitched is photoshopped

Pitch looks sh1te with the two-tone grass.

• Advertisement
Advertisement