Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rep.Ireland v Kazakhstan KO 19:45 *Mod Note Post #125*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    Why is the game stopped? I've not being paying attention.

Half time.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,593 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Half time?

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭dmc17

They get a break after 45 minutes to catch their breath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

niallo27 wrote: »
    Do people really hate trap that bad, that they think that performance was good against one of the worst sides in world football.

Whats encouraging is the way they are trying to play so far if this was trap we would of been hoofing it up the pitch being terrified of passing the ball instead we have 70-80% of possession thats a MASSIVE improvement even at home against nearly any team playing against us under trap

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

roanoke wrote: »
    Well it wasn't Brazil, but compared to our first half against them a year ago that 45 mins was a thing of beauty.
    bizmark wrote: »
    Huge improvement lots to still improve on but its enjoyable to watch and reasonably effective so far

Dunphy must have been handed a different script.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Half time.
    antodeco wrote: »
    Half time?

:pac:
    dmc17 wrote: »
    They get a break after 45 minutes to catch their breath.

:P

Stream was just showing pitch with no sound. Could see some players in far corner and thought there was something thrown from crowd. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

No doubt King hasn't picked a perfect team but its baffling why the players themselves always escape criticism from the RTE panel. No matter what goes wrong its always the system or the manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Whats encouraging is the way they are trying to play so far if this was trap we would of been hoofing it up the pitch being terrified of passing the ball instead we have 70-80% of possession thats a MASSIVE improvement even at home against nearly any team playing against us under trap

All very well but only for two pieces of pathetic defending it would be still 1 nil to them. In fact all 3 goals were from shocking defending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Don't think that panel have a clue. Do they really think we can go from playing caveman football to playing like Barcelona in 1 game?

Don't think that panel have a clue. Do they really think we can go from playing caveman football to playing like Barcelona in 1 game?

Did you not hear dunphy after the germany game ? i think thats exactly what he expected considering the level of insane venom he had for king

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Yes, they are drunk and/or senile

niallo27 wrote: »
    All very well but only for two pieces of pathetic defending it would be still 1 nil to them. In fact all 3 goals were from shocking defending.

Ya and those individual mistakes continue to haunt us atm from defending to passing but what can the manager do ? he didn't make coleman miss the ball under no pressure but he has it seems allowed and encourage them to play a passing game and for that i would have his babys after the crap of traps play "style"

A manager can only do so much.

The players shouldn't have to be told "do you see that fella in a green jersey, pass the ball to him".

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

corny wrote: »
    No doubt King hasn't picked a perfect team but its baffling why the players themselves always escape criticism from the RTE panel. No matter what goes wrong its always the system or the manager.

You're telling me the panel don't criticise players? Pull the other one. I have issues with the lads on the panel but seriously to suggest this is to give selective memory a bad name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

Very hard to continue watching this sloppy disjointed match in front of an apathetic stadium when England are on the other side in a meaningful game. Team structure is poor, as are opposition. A game its impossible to generate any feeling for

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Ronnie was about to say "ohhhh ****"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

people actually listen to that panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭LOSTfan57

Disregarding professionals paid to be on a panel and give their views???? I think now is a time I leave here for a while

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

LOSTfan57 wrote: »
    Disregarding professionals paid to be on a panel and give their views???? I think now is a time I leave here for a while

They are paid to be ****ing trolls and nothing more.

Of the 3 of them tonight, only Saddler talks any sense, the other two are there for comedy value.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

professionals? would ye gwan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Looking comfortable, its just the final ball/cross lacking

Kazaks in fairness look happy to lose 2-1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭ronjo

If we win this we will be second seeds for Euros unless Romania win both home and away legs of play offs.

Andy Reid MOTM by a country mile so far.

Seaneh wrote: »
    They are paid to be ****ing trolls and nothing more.

Of the 3 of them tonight, only Saddler occasionally talks any sense, the other two are there for comedy value.

Fixed that for you;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Ligament damage for Gibson, that is just cruel. Season gone on him now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Don't let the door hit you on the way out like a good lad :rolleyes:

Stevecw wrote: »
    Ligament damage for Gibson, that is just cruel. Season gone on him now :(

Suspected, and until they get him an MRI they won't know how bad it is.

Great effort from Whelan

For those who watch Stokes more than me, is he usually greedier? seems to have been a bit too deferential at times

We need a third to settle this

McGeady for Doyle, PLEASE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Does anybody remember the thread recently about asking why players can't use both feet, even if just using the weaker foot for little basic things? Cos thats what came to mind when Stokes could have oh so easily used his left there.

Pleasantly surprised by how good Whelan has been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Final ball has been a let down all game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

There's a bit of Danny Welbeck about Anthony Stokes or maybe there's a bit of Anthony Stokes about Danny Welbeck. Lots of effort, no end product.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Whelan will be delighted for Gibson. He'll get a few more caps now. And he's a great guy.

we do lack a bit of vision to create those clear cut chances dont we

close to 2-2 there. Need to win this to get 2nd seeds, a 3rd goal please soon!!

Great cheeky effort there from Reid

You just knew that it was Reid who attempted that. Nice vision though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

Reid best player on the pitch in this second half, great to see him back.

• Advertisement

Neeson wrote: »
    Whelan will be delighted for Gibson. He'll get a few more caps now. And he's a great guy.
    For me, Whelan has been as good as if not better than McCarthy in the games they have played together this year

Anyone else getting a little nervous now

I'd take Keane and Doyle off.

They've been Passengers.

Besides the peno Keane has done nothing.

Anyone else getting a little nervous now

Yup. they definitly have a chance in them

Hoping for McGeady now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

Sweden 3-4 Germany atm

McGeady &/or McClean on soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

They've been Passengers.

Funny thing is that Keane will probably be the only one who can take his chance when it drops on front of him.

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    Funny thing is that Keane will probably be the only one who can take his chance when it drops on front of him.

Less likely to be chances with him on the pitch though, he's just not getting into the positions tonight.

They've been Passengers.

Thats what he always does. Can't argue he takes his chances though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Sweden 3-4 Germany atm

7-8 on aggregate!

Advertisement