Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini Chopper (Food Processor)

Options
  • 15-10-2013 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭

Can anybody recommend a good one?

Just looking at the Argos site and these 2 seem the best.

Kenwood Compact CH180 Mini Chopper

58-4232568A72UC579586X.jpg

Russell Hobbs 19030 Creations Mini Chopper

53-9065819SPA78UC1179482X.jpg

Don't want to spend mad money, just want something that's reliable and has a bit of ummph behind. I bought one from the Argos value range and it's terrible, no power and it over heats.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I think I possibly have both of them... I recommend the Kenwood 100%. I have one that's a good 10 years old and still going strong. My mum gave me hers, then bought a different replacement. Pretty quickly she just went and bought another Kenwood one.

The Russell Hobbs one - I definitely have a similar one that came as part of a set. I don't find it good at all and I always use the Kenwood one instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

I have the Kenwood chopper and find it fantastic. Bought it a few years ago in the UK and it is still going strong. All parts (excluding the electrical bits!) can be put in the dishwasher. Mine even has a sticker on it saying "Delia approved":)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Cool. Looks like it's the Kenwood then! :) I was veering towards the RH one for no other reason than the cheapo Argos one that I had looked the same as the Kenwood one, ha!

Thanks folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

plus one for the kenwood! ive had mine a couple of years now and it great for small jobs. i use it a lot to make guacamole!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I have been using one I got from Lidl for a while now, it replaced a Braun Multimix that the bowl broke on.
    I have to say for a relatively cheap chopper its pretty powerful 400w and very simple and easy to clean.
    Its still in a lot of Lidl shops for 29.99 I think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement