Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edit posts

Options
  • 15-10-2013 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭

Apologies of covered elsewhere 5 million times already, but how come I can't edit my posts? Maybe I've gone even more stupid and can't see the relevant button... Thanks for any advice

Edit - now that's weird I can edit this one but not in some other unlocked threads
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

You can only edit posts for a certain time.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Super-Rush wrote: »
    You can only edit posts for a certain time.

48 hours, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

There's a 2 day limit on editing posts. And you can't edit posts in a locked thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Ah ha thanks for the info. makes sense I suppose, but it's a pity it can't be a bit longer, don't always get back online in time to correct a mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's more intended for correcting spelling mistakes or adding extra info, and 2 days should be plenty time for that.

You can always PM a forum mod if you need something changed beyond that time and hope they'll agree to make the change.

• Advertisement
Advertisement