Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blueface - Residential Packages gone?

Options
  • 15-10-2013 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭

Hey, have Blueface moved to business only customers? I don't see any residential packages.

If so, what are people using these days for PAYG VoIP?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

RangeR wrote: »
    Hey, have Blueface moved to business only customers? I don't see any residential packages.

If so, what are people using these days for PAYG VoIP?

Looks like gone, the url was Residential that goes back to home page, the Residential Section link still listed in some pages but redirects back to home page.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Was looking at it today ...
    Here's output of chat with Sales

No, we actually don't do residential packages anymore
    instead you can go on a Business Starter Plan
    which is similar to that
    Business Starter Plan at €9.99 ex VAT p/m provides (1 User)
    • 1 local geographic number (01, 045, 091 etc)
    • Unlimited Ireland/UK Landline calls*
    • Voicemail Service
    Business Starter + 100 Mobile Minutes Plan at €24.99 ex VAT p/m provides
    • 3 local geographic numbers (01, 045, 091 etc)
    • Unlimited Ireland/UK Landline calls*
    • 100 Irish/UK Mobile Minutes
    • Voicemail Service

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Yes it looks like they got rid of residential packages, and replaced it with corporate and business stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Maybe there is no money in PAYG VoIP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

But the already signed up PAYG VoIP customers retain their (in my case) 076 number right? My family use it to call me in Germany ;-)

• Advertisement

murphaph wrote: »
    But the already signed up PAYG VoIP customers retain their (in my case) 076 number right? My family use it to call me in Germany ;-)

Yes, I have a PAYG account and it still works fine. As far as I know they no longer facilitate new home residential accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Who else is offering residential VoIP with number portability?

murphaph wrote: »
    Who else is offering residential VoIP with number portability?

Goldfish do it for €2.50 + vat per month. This is for residential also

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=250586

Also check Vomino not very clear if number like 1890, 1850, 0818 are included in the price plans and not prices listed under rate, you can get a trial with 30 min calls (used to be just adding €5 credit)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Blueface's business starter is cheaper than their old UK/IRL residential package though.

Doesn't really make much difference as long as they're not hiking the prices. It's the same product.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Zdob si Zdub

Was on home starter for €99 per year - now scrapped, on renewal last week had to go for the business starter - €9.99 per month. Not good.

Was on home starter for €99 per year - now scrapped, on renewal last week had to go for the business starter - €9.99 per month. Not good.

Ex VAT.

I might give Goldfish a go on a second line on the ATA to see what I think of it before porting across.

I think we're stuck with Blueface for 6 months after a port?

SpaceTime wrote: »
    I might give Goldfish a go on a second line on the ATA to see what I think of it before porting across.

I think we're stuck with Blueface for 6 months after a port?

There was a charge if you ported away before 6 months. Can't find anything on it now however. There is a contract of 12 months on all of their plans however. You must give 30 days notice before you port.

Their terms are not as easy to read through as before.

Didn't mention anything about a 12, month contract. Its all prepaid

SpaceTime wrote: »
    Didn't mention anything about a 12, month contract. Its all prepaid

Even though its prepaid their terms and conditions state there is a 12 month contract on all plans, and you must give 30 days notice of a cancel of the service to avoid penalties. All of this is in their Terms and Conditions.

Mr. G wrote: »
    Even though its prepaid their terms and conditions state there is a 12 month contract on all plans, and you must give 30 days notice of a cancel of the service to avoid penalties. All of this is in their Terms and Conditions.

Interesting. I wonder what ComReg would think if they were made aware?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Stiro05

I recently moved to vomino. It only cost €89.99 for 12 months including the ata to plug my landline phone into. I've been using it for over a month now and had no problems as of yet, and i'm using it with a 3g connection not a phone line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Zdob si Zdub

Just clarified my current plan, Freedom basic, available only to those previously on resedential packages according to Blueface support guy. €9.99 per month Inc Vat for 300 mins to ie and uk landlines. Will probably do me for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

I've been with blueface residential for 4yrs & got an email last Sept 2013 reminding me to renew my 12 Months Irl/UK Unlimited landline package at €149 & the price hasn't changed since I joined, just to check for future reference I logged into my account today & tried to renew & now I only get a 1 month option at €14.99 which works out at 179.88 per year, an increase of €30.88, needless to say I wont be renewing in Sept 2014 unless we can reach a compromise.
    **UPDATE**
    I contacted Blueface & they say their is a package available not listed on their site as yet which is the same as my existing 12 month €149 package, it's €122 per year & if I call them in Sept 2014 they will arrange it for me, a saving of €27 so I recon I'll stick with them,...although Vomino do a better package for €99.

• Advertisement

lensman wrote: »
    Vomino do a better package for €99.

Just to let you know if you call 1850.1890 numbers quite a bit are not included with Vomino's plan

nava wrote: »
    Just to let you know if you call 1850.1890 numbers quite a bit are not included with Vomino's plan

Saynoto1890.com is a handy website for this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

nava wrote: »
    No 1850 No's! ahh Sh*te you mean I can't annoy Joe Duffy on liveline any longer:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

lensman wrote: »
    No 1850 No's! ahh Sh*te you mean I can't annoy Joe Duffy on liveline any longer:(

'SayNoTo' says
    Liveline / Joe Duffy Show (RTE Radio 1)
    1850715815 Call Instead – 012082984

;)

Advertisement