Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Empty Hamper Baskets

Options
  • 15-10-2013 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking to get two empty hamper baskets for some Christmas presents (making my own gift hampers).

Anyone know where I'd get some that are reasonably priced? Had a look on Amazon, nearly £20 for delivery alone.

Seen some in Heatons for €8 each, but they were a bit bigger than I was looking for, but if I can't find anything else, I guess I'll go with them :/

Thanks.!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Where are you based Toast?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

washiskin wrote: »
    Where are you based Toast?
    I'll PM you now.

Can buy online too if needs be :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

If you're looking for small, we got great ones in Tiger for €2 each...

If you're looking for small, we got great ones in Tiger for €2 each...

Where's Tiger? Do they have an online shop?

By small, I mean something along this size, shape doesn't really matter.

http://www.amberleyproducts.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/1200x1200/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/a/_/a_5_2.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Are you talking the size for a shampoo/soaps/bath-salts type of hamper or a big christmas cake/pudding/bottle of wine type hamper?
    It's hard to tell from the picture. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I don't think they're online, there's a few shops I know of, Nassau St, Dun Laoighre and Newbridge. It's hard to tell the size of that basket, what are you planning to put in? The ones in Tiger that I got are more for small jars, soaps, etc.

Posy wrote: »
    Are you talking the size for a shampoo/soaps/bath-salts type of hamper or a big christmas cake/pudding/bottle of wine type hamper?
    It's hard to tell from the picture. :o
    Yeah something for shampoos, bath stuff etc. not food hamper size.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Heatons do them.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Heatons do them.
    There are quite a few on their site alright, never thought to check it earlier as I'd had a quick look in my local store, thanks Moonbeam.

Going to pop in again tomorrow and look in the Homewares section and see if they've any that I didn't see previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Do they have to be just like that picture you posted? I've been seeing wicker baskets absolutely EVERYWHERE lately (Dunnes, Woodies, Homestore & More etc), generally for storage, but I wonder would they suit?

I just had a quick look on Dunnes' website, and while this may not be the exact type you're looking for, maybe this style would do?

7654685_grey.jpg

• Advertisement

Alicat wrote: »
    Do they have to be just like that picture you posted? I've been seeing wicker baskets absolutely EVERYWHERE lately (Dunnes, Woodies, Homestore & More etc), generally for storage, but I wonder would they suit?

I just had a quick look on Dunnes' website, and while this may not be the exact type you're looking for, maybe this style would do?
    Nope definitely don't have to be that exact style/size/type etc. just an empty basket is all I wanted.

I never even thought Woodies would have them, haven't seen any in my local Dunnes either actually, but will have a look tomorrow and see.

Thanks so much for your replies everyone, I really appreciate them! :)

I had a look in Heatons and Dunnes today and the baskets they had (very small selection in my local stores anyway) weren't great.

The baskets they had were too deep, bulky and the medium size was too small and the large was too big.

We don't even have that much stuff to put them in, but what we do have it bulky stuff. Should have bought the baskets before buying the presents and filled them as we went along :(

Going to have a look in Penneys tomorrow I think, hopefully I find something.

Still, least there's a good few weeks until Christmas, least if I don't find a basket I have time to find something else!

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Bear in mind if you find one that's almost suitable but it's just too deep, you can always bulk up the bottom. Cellophane bunched up is nice and sturdy for bulking up the bottom, and then cover it with whatever filling you were planning on using (straw/shredded paper etc). It's what we do in work (pharmacy! :))

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Toast4532 wrote: »
    I had a look in Heatons and Dunnes today and the baskets they had (very small selection in my local stores anyway) weren't great.

The baskets they had were too deep, bulky and the medium size was too small and the large was too big.

We don't even have that much stuff to put them in, but what we do have it bulky stuff. Should have bought the baskets before buying the presents and filled them as we went along :(

Going to have a look in Penneys tomorrow I think, hopefully I find something.

Still, least there's a good few weeks until Christmas, least if I don't find a basket I have time to find something else!

DId they have the sets that come with the plastic etc there?

Alicat wrote: »
    Bear in mind if you find one that's almost suitable but it's just too deep, you can always bulk up the bottom. Cellophane bunched up is nice and sturdy for bulking up the bottom, and then cover it with whatever filling you were planning on using (straw/shredded paper etc). It's what we do in work (pharmacy! :))
    I might end up doing this as I just cannot afford to buy extra stuff just to fill it up. I wish I could but it just isn't feasible without a lottery win unfortunately!
    Moonbeam wrote: »
    DId they have the sets that come with the plastic etc there?
    I didn't see any, though they do get new stock in 2-3 times a week so it is possible they'll have them in stock.

Advertisement