Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Villa Away 20.10.2013

Options
  • 15-10-2013 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭

Internationals are nearly over thank god so back to the real stuff. Villa are huffing and puffing this season but it looks like benteke could be back for sunday which would be bad for us .

Still think we will win as villa will try and win the game also which should open the door for us

lloris
    walker ----verts --kaboul (daws)
    rose

sandro --

townsend -- paulinho----lennon

eriksen

soldado

What ye think of that team ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

mickman wrote: »
    Internationals are nearly over thank god so back to the real stuff. Villa are huffing and puffing this season but it looks like benteke could be back for sunday which would be bad for us .

Still think we will win as villa will try and win the game also which should open the door for us

lloris
    walker ----verts --kaboul (daws)
    rose

sandro --

townsend -- paulinho----lennon

eriksen

soldado

What ye think of that team ?

I like the look of that team, plenty of pace on the flanks and Sandro to hold the fort. I can see him starting with Siggy though in place of Lennon as Siggy is in good goalscoring form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

yeah i think he will too and he will play demebele instead of sandro but after the last day i reckon we need a change and more width

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

yeah i think he will too and he will play demebele instead of sandro but after the last day i reckon we need a change and more width

I agree, want to see Sandro definately. Is Dembele fit? I know he hurt his ankle in training for Belgium.

KingdomYid wrote: »
    I agree, want to see Sandro definately. Is Dembele fit? I know he hurt his ankle in training for Belgium.

think he is fit alright

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Yes agree with you all, I'd like Sandro and Lennon to start, and Kaboul too would be great, but no doubt it'll be Daws to challenge Benteke in the air.
    Dembele played 5 or 10 mins for Belgique the other night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

I can't see lennon starting, hopefully he can come on when the game opens up a bit.

I expect to see Dembele and Paulinho, hopefully lamella can get 20 minutes.

Hopefully Rose is back, if Siggy plays he wil be key to give us width down the left.

Townsend showing again tonight why he will be the first name on the team sheet Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Townsend showing again tonight why he will be the first name on the team sheet Sunday

Agreed, but the difference in him playing for England is that he's getting down the wing and putting some really great crosses into the box that Soldado would surely thrive on - why isn't he doing that for Spurs? I think AVB needs to adapt his style a little to accommodate Townsend and play to his strengths. When he's running at the defenders like that he's as good as Lennon and has the final ball too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

SuprSi wrote: »
    Agreed, but the difference in him playing for England is that he's getting down the wing and putting some really great crosses into the box that Soldado would surely thrive on - why isn't he doing that for Spurs? I think AVB needs to adapt his style a little to accommodate Townsend and play to his strengths. When he's running at the defenders like that he's as good as Lennon and has the final ball too.

AVB plays him as an inverted winger, he should be on the left lobbing balls in. Although I feel the reason AVB doesn't play him there is inexperience, having him and Rose could leave us exposed on the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I've been saying it for a while that we need to stick Townsend on the left to get the most out of him. He's direct, good at beating players and whipping dangerous crosses in. I've backed up my case for not playing Townsend on the right with stats.

We have the striker now (Soldado) we have the Modric replacement (Eriksen), so all our excuses from last year are gone, if we don't start scoring soon something is going to have to change...

My first shout would be removing the inverted wingers. Play Lennon on the right, Townsend on the left and Eriksen in the middle pulling the strings. We'd stretch teams all over the park. I know it's not AVB's way, but a change is needed.

As Lamela settles I'd give him a shot at replacing one of the two wingers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Agreed, think AVB is doing something similar with Lamela as he did with Lloris last year. Lamela comes across as a very down to earth player and I think he'll turn into a very good player for us, will just take him a while to settle and get his chance to show what he's capable of. 15 league goals was a great return for a 20 year old last year in Serie A, and we all know the emphasis that league has on defending. Also, playing under Zeman would have been a great experience for him, I remember seeing this picture of how they lined up one match;

64076210.jpg

What position is he playing for England, I thought he was on the right?

GS11 wrote: »
    What position is he playing for England, I thought he was on the right?

He was, drifting into the middle a bit. The difference was, and maybe this is Townsend rather than AVB, he tries to beat his man and the the cross in, rather than attempting a shot every single time. He's actually really good at finding a player in the box as on nearly every occasion he made it past his man the ball ended up at the feet of another England player.

Soldado would love that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I've been saying it for a while that we need to stick Townsend on the left to get the most out of him. He's direct, good at beating players and whipping dangerous crosses in. I've backed up my case for not playing Townsend on the right with stats.

We have the striker now (Soldado) we have the Modric replacement (Eriksen), so all our excuses from last year are gone, if we don't start scoring soon something is going to have to change...

My first shout would be removing the inverted wingers. Play Lennon on the right, Townsend on the left and Eriksen in the middle pulling the strings. We'd stretch teams all over the park. I know it's not AVB's way, but a change is needed.

As Lamela settles I'd give him a shot at replacing one of the two wingers.

If he plays better on the left than he does on the right, we have as serious player on our hands

I think has improved a lot since the start of the season, he is much more of a team player now, he has def cut back on the shooting. and is looking ot pass a lot more.

What value now, at least 15+

According to physioroom.com none of the lads below are available. Not sure where they get their information from, but....

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php
    TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

Y Kaboul Muscle Injury 27th Oct 13
    D Rose Ankle/Foot Injury 20th Oct 13
    E Capoue Ankle/Foot Injury 3rd Nov 13
    A Lennon Ankle/Foot Injury 20th Oct 13

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

According to physioroom.com none of the lads below are available. Not sure where they get their information from, but....

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

AH FFS!!

wouldnt believe physio room at all

read something that lamela is not happy with his first team game time - he hasnt done anything to warrant a start in my opinion.

read something that lamela is not happy with his first team game time - he hasnt done anything to warrant a start in my opinion.

Sounds like Lloris about a year ago. AVB knows best.

• Advertisement

There was an article in the UK Independent where he says he's struggling with the physical side of the game and that it's not as tactical as in Italy. He's worried he won't be selected for the World Cup as he's not getting enough game time but to be honest I agree completely with what you've said. Outside of Villa away in the Cup I've seen hardly anything to suggest he's ready for a start, let alone a sub appearance over the likes of Holtby.

Here's the Link

Need a win tomorrow to stay in touch

Rose , capoue and Lennon out

So team will be same as west ham except for soldado

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭bishopmuzorewa

Can't wait until Kaboul and Rose are fully fit and we see the back of Daws and Naughton.

We need Lennon back in that team as well. Need 3 points tomorrow.

I feel a sad story coming though especially seeing as we have beaten them 4-0 on last 2 occassions and Benteke possibly back tomorrow. He'll crucify poor ol Daws.

Gotta say I'm not confident about tomorrow. I'd say it'll be hard to get into the right frame of mind after such a humiliation, the biggest of AVB's time at Spurs. With Benteke back, that 0 - 4 result in the cup means absolutely nothing and I'd be very nervous about them giving us a beating. Our CB's are going to have a torrid time so let's hope they're up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I fancy Soldado to score today. Im sure AVB will have stressed how important it is to get some service to him instead of all the shots from outside the box.

Gotta say I'm not confident about tomorrow. I'd say it'll be hard to get into the right frame of mind after such a humiliation, the biggest of AVB's time at Spurs. With Benteke back, that 0 - 4 result in the cup means absolutely nothing and I'd be very nervous about them giving us a beating. Our CB's are going to have a torrid time so let's hope they're up for it.

I see it the oppisite way, wounded lion, everybody focused more than ever.

Is Benteke going to be back? Fantasy football has him out injured

Is Benteke going to be back? Fantasy football has him out injured

Sky sports say Benteke not fit enough to make bench.

• Advertisement

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Sky sports say Benteke not fit enough to make bench.

Yeah, Twitter says he's out.

Interesting team, Chiriches gets his PL debut and Holtby starts his first PL game this yr.

Team - Lloris; Walker, Chiriches, Dawson, Vertonghen; Paulinho, Sandro; Townsend, Holtby, Sigurdsson; Soldado. #THFC

Advertisement