Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepay Card

Options
  • 15-10-2013 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi Is it possible to get a prepay card with electricity Ireland to pay money off weekly If so how do I go about doing this?Do I losse out on any discounts If I chose to use this pre pay card?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Damo77,

There is a card called the EasyPay card, which customers can use to make payments into their Electric Ireland account. These cards can be sent to customers who do not pay by direct debit.

Here is the full list of payment methods available on our website. If a customer is paying by direct debit, making manual payments could result in removal of their direct debit discount, but not their online billing discount if they have one.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭inocybe

Whoa hold on, I've been using this card to put small amounts weekly towards my bill. This is money being paid BEFORE it's due, are you saying I may have lost my direct debit discount for paying off my bill? Please clarify this, exactly when does someone lose the direct debit discount, is it if they pay the entire amount off by card, or just any portion of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi inocybe,

There is no set time when or if a customer's direct debit discount is removed if they are paying manually, but there is the possibility the discount may be affected, so we just have to advise this. When making manual payments, it is important to ensure there is a minimum window of five days between the final manual payment and the date of the direct debit, in order to prevent payment crossover.

If you would like us to look at your account, do private message us your Electric Ireland account number and your name/address/telephone number on your account.

We are finishing at 6pm and will be back from 8am tomorrow.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement