Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice. Payoff loans or....

Options
  • 15-10-2013 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

I recently was left money in a will. €15k.

I have loans and credit cards to sum of €13k.

Total outgoings for the above per month is €880

I want to buy a house in next 2 years myself and my partner are both working.

Should i put the €15k away and add to it OR Clear my loans and save €1K per month and in about 16 months have the €16k for deposit?

I spoke to bank few months ago before i got the money and they said i should clear all my loans so i have clean sheet.

I am renting at the mo €850 per month so at least bank can i see i am able to pay.

Oh and to mention the loans are in arrears and my credit card is in bad way getting letters sayin im in arrears !!

advise please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Clear the loans. You will save a fortune on interest.

No bank will lend to you if you are paying out €880 p/m on non mortgage debt and more so if the loans are in arrears.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Pay off any debts.

Best thing I ever did was clear a loan early and increase my savings.

Advertisement