Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gilligan is out.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

ronan45 wrote: »
    Has he been totally stripped of his ill gotten assets? I know they took Jessbrook, but did they loot his accounts too?

They still don't have jessbrook he won another legal challenge the other day to prevent its disposal by the state

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Who cares?

You, obviously, seeing as you took the time to post.

This thread will have thousands of views within a short space of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

He'll be like Paddy Bishop on Fair City now....out of the game! No criminal gangs will give a **** about him and wouldn't want to be associated with him anyway with the eyeballing he's likely to be getting. He's old news. Balance of power has moved on.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Timothy Bryce

You, obviously, seeing as you took the time to post.

This thread will have thousands of views within a short space of time.

Yeah but I don't really

• Registered Users Posts: 20,426 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Vorsprung durch technic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Yeah but I don't really

So do you go through all the threads on the site that you don't care about and let them know or is it just this one you really really don't care about?

Don't bother answering, that was a rhetorical question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Gatling wrote: »
    They still don't have jessbrook he won another legal challenge the other day to prevent its disposal by the state

The state can sell off Jessbrook but if he wins the latest case he's lodged with the High Court, he can get it back even if the state does manage to sell it.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/streamers-beer-and-a-pink-mask-sickening-celebrations-for-gilligans-release-29660942.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 326 ✭✭Savoir.Faire

This chap is as bothersome as scutch grass.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭pundy

fat old scumbag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Funny what Prison life can do to folk, I never thought he was one of them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I'm all turned around on the man now.

He seems lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    The state can sell off Jessbrook but if he wins the latest case he's lodged with the High Court, he can get it back even if the state does manage to sell it.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/streamers-beer-and-a-pink-mask-sickening-celebrations-for-gilligans-release-29660942.html

Where is he getting all the money for these legal challenges?

Khannie wrote: »

Free legal aid, I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

your tax money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Sir Humphrey Appleby

Gatling wrote: »

No he didn't, he merely obtained certification that he is still challenging the state, nothing else.
    Once there is a full court hearing he will lose that certification again.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,157 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Oh the irony of it :eek:

The State took (allegedly, I don't believe it for a minute) all his assets, so he gets to tie the self-same State up in knots for ever more with mostly spurious legal challenges, courtesy of the legal aid scheme, at the State's expense.

(Mind you, I heard someone the other day speculating that even if he did have gazillions of spondulicks down the back of the couch / in the toilet cistern / buried in the Dublin mountains - it'll all be in Punts, and ony the Central Bank will change them any more :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

....but he hasn't paid the price yet.

who put you in charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

seems bang on in the video

hes our princess diana

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

The State took (allegedly, I don't believe it for a minute) all his assets, so he gets to tie the self-same State up in knots for ever more with mostly spurious legal challenges, courtesy of the legal aid scheme, at the State's expense.

(Mind you, I heard someone the other day speculating that even if he did have gazillions of spondulicks down the back of the couch / in the toilet cistern / buried in the Dublin mountains - it'll all be in Punts, and ony the Central Bank will change them any more :D)

It would be easy to change 1 punt to 1 euro

I'd buy 5000 punt off him for 5000 euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

seems bang on in the video

hes our princess diana

Would love to have a pint with him, Might send him an FB friend request

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

It would be easy to change 1 punt to 1 euro

I'd buy 5000 punt off him for 5000 euro

Yeah, you could launder that handy enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

I drove past the jail in Portloaise this morning and it was mad to see all the photographers outside.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Why can't the media leave him and poor old devils like Larry Murphy alone? They've paid their debt to society

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but was Shane Geoghegan not killed by a gang member, albeit by mistake? It's hardly ideal to just 'leave them off'...

Yes, and while that was terrible, generally they don't go around shooting innocent people.

If the likes of those real life love hate types got a bullet in the back of the head, I don't think it'd be a terrible tragedy. Think of it as a public service.

Yes, and while that was terrible, generally they don't go around shooting innocent people.

If the likes of those real life love hate types got a bullet in the back of the head, I don't think it'd be a terrible tragedy. Think of it as a public service.

Unfortunately innocent people do get caught in the crossfire though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Someone could have sorted all that out in 2002. Or maybe it was sterling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Sir Humphrey Appleby

Santa Cruz wrote: »
    Why can't the media leave him and poor old devils like Larry Murphy alone? They've paid their debt to society
    Exactly, those are society's rules, you do a crime , you do the time.
    He did both.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tracy Alman

I suppose in some way one can say he has served his time, but that is of no consolation to Veronica's family, however that said Ireland is such a shyte country in the eyes of the those who do not live there just now that the release of this scumbag will not register much interest when set alongside the BANCKSTERS, THE PEDO CLERGY, THE BRUTALITY OF THE NUNS, and practically all the "GREY HEADS" still trot to church every Sunday, so Ireland is an Island beset by skuldrugery, bent Politicans and on and on it goes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,721 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Like Paddy Bishop, John Gilligan is a small man. (well he is)

Advertisement