Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gilligan is out.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

newmug wrote: »
    that should also be the case for importing drugs (ok, say over 1kg) and
    why? until nobody drinks or smokes anymore then calling for life sentences for importing other drugs is ridiculous and hypocritical
    for organising to have people murdered.
    again, he was aquitid of that, no evidence, thats the fact whether you like it or not

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Yeah? They are equally heinous, they should be equally punished with life.
    bull****, importing drugs will never, i repeat, never, be as serious as rape or murder

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭billywilly

why? because he sold drugs to those who wanted them? but if it was alcohol shur that would be grand right?

ah yea, sure isn't he a lovely man :rolleyes:

billywilly wrote: »
    ah yea, sure isn't he a lovely man :rolleyes:

One of the best.
    Sure just look at the face on him and his toothless brothers family.
    Great bunch a lads!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

One of the best.
    Sure just look at the face on him and his toothless brothers family.
    Great bunch a lads!

If this interview is to be believed hes a gentleman criminal/robin hood type character who only robbed from people that could afford it, and that he was such a hard worker he could do the work of 3 people.

Also he cliams that in his day criminals would never use firearms but they would have a fist fight to settle a dispute and then they would shake hands afterwards.

He might make a better comedian than a criminal.

http://www.hotpress.com/features/interviews/The-true-story-of-the-John-Gilligan-gang/4685131.html?new_layout=1&page_no=1&show_comments=1

I was known for being straight, honest and fair. If you had a row with me and we shook hands, that was the end of it.
    There’s a lot of crime I don’t like – I hate anybody touching a woman. I hate anybody touching children. I hate anybody robbing houses. I hate anybody robbing a handbag. And I hate anybody going near old people.”
    I’m not a bad guy and I don’t have to prove that to anybody. Once I know, that’s good enough for me.
    “I never had a problem with alarms,” he reveals. “But I would never break into a small factory that belonged to some guy trying to earn a living. I never did small, independent factories. I’d only do big factories. There probably wasn’t a factory in Ireland that I didn’t rob. I didn’t need to use any violence. Sometimes when I was doing a factory I just needed to give money to the guy to look the other way.”
    “I’d describe myself as a very, very hard worker. A real good worker. I could do the work of three men. That was my attitude in life. My dad and my uncles would say, ‘John’s a great worker’. They all wanted me to go to sea because I was a good grafter. Even when I was in prison, I’d be working in prison. Anytime I was in the ‘Joy, I always worked in the bakery. I wouldn’t lay about.

• Advertisement

I think what he meant to say was i earned more in a year than 3 men in their lifetime.

Jumboman wrote: »
    If this interview is to be believed hes a gentleman criminal/robin hood type character who only robbed from people that could afford it, and that he was such a hard worker he could do the work of 3 people.

Also he cliams that in his day criminals would never use firearms but they would have a fist fight to settle a dispute and then they would shake hands afterwards.

He might make a better comedian than a criminal.

http://www.hotpress.com/features/interviews/The-true-story-of-the-John-Gilligan-gang/4685131.html?new_layout=1&page_no=1&show_comments=1

I find it gas the way he says he wouldnt ever rob an independent factory owner trying to make a living and in the very next sentance 'There probably wasnt a factory in Ireland he didnt rob' :rolleyes:

bull****, importing drugs will never, i repeat, never, be as serious as rape or murder

But taking them could possibly lead to committing rape or murder.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭Mr Williams

Someone has already tried to take him out.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/1206/491302-john-gilligan/

Convicted drug dealer John Gilligan has been warned his life is in danger after an attempt was made on his life.
    An armed man, wearing a motorcycle helmet, went into the Halfway House pub on the Navan Road in Dublin yesterday afternoon and walked around looking for someone.
    When challenged by the barman, the gunman shouted: "Where's Gilligan?", before leaving on a motorbike.
    A short time later gardaí caught up with the motorbike on the River Road in Finglas but the driver got away following a short pursuit.
    However officers recovered a 9mm handgun, which was thrown from the bike, and which is now being forensically examined.
    Detectives believe Gilligan is lucky to be alive as the gunman appears to have gone to the wrong location as the 61-year-old was in a nearby pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Jesus could it be any more staged?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭billywilly

Jumboman wrote: »

Wonder did he shake VGs hand when he beat the crap out of her that time shecalled to his door ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Bambi wrote: »
    Jesus could it be any more staged?

A man allegedly walks around the pub shouting out his name :P and he is down a pub down the road from it :) Someone is looking at to much love/hate,the whole episode stinks of a set up for some reason or another,IMO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

realies wrote: »
    A man allegedly walks around the pub shouting out his name :P and he is down a pub down the road from it :) Someone is looking at to much love/hate,the whole episode stinks of a set up for some reason or another,IMO.

You'd never know with him. He's a calculating and very devious man with no morals whatsoever.
    Almost nobody believes this was a legitimate attempt on his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I hope the Gardai give him all the protection he deserves

chopper6 wrote: »
    You'd never know with him. He's a calculating and very devious man with no morals whatsoever.
    Almost nobody believes this was a legitimate attempt on his life.

That's what I mean, he is looking for something or seeing the reactions of Garda etc etc

Here he is been interviewed today he looks a bit shaken.

I cant see why an incident like this would be staged ?

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/1206/491302-john-gilligan/#video

He loves publicity and is probably going mad that NM died as it took away his publicity and his cries that he is a victim .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

But taking them could possibly lead to committing rape or murder.
    and the same can still happen even though one doesn't take them, so i don't know what your point is, my point still stands, drug dealing or taking is nothing compared to rape or murder, thats the end of it, end of story, done

and the same can still happen even though one doesn't take them, so i don't know what your point is, my point still stands, drug dealing or taking is nothing compared to rape or murder, thats the end of it, end of story, done

But if you buy illgeal drugs you are supporting murder.

• Advertisement

So if I grow weed at home for myself and maybe sell it to a few friends they are supporting murder ??

The post was that if you buy/sell illegal drugs you are supporting murder ?

Do you agree with that ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

woohoo Im a criminal!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭NickD

returnNull wrote: »
    woohoo Im a criminal!!!

Aww no fair I want to be a criminal too. Can I be Fran?

wrong, their may be murder between gangs but it isn't intentional support, you want these drugs criminalised then you except what goes with it, or you could just legalise and the gangs for the most part will go away.

wrong, their may be murder between gangs but it isn't intentional support, you want these drugs criminalised then you except what goes with it, or you could just legalise and the gangs for the most part will go away.

I think drugs should be legal but I would never buy them because I know I would be supporting scumbags by buying them.

If your someone like gerry ryan you are supporting murder on the streets the likes of him would put hundreds of grand (maybe more) into the hands of scumbags. Without anyone to buy drugs these scumbag gangs woundnt exist in the first place.

When you hear of an innocent kid like anthony campbell been shot dead you would want to be psychopath to continue using drugs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Is it not a bit weird that RTE would disclose what pub he was actually in at the time? =/

Advertisement