Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old homepage reappearing for anyone else?

Options
  • 15-10-2013 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭

Sometimes when reading a thread I click on the boards.ie logo on the top left to bring me back to the homepage and today I've noticed that the lovely old wall of text homepage without the announcements box and with the 3 tabs: Latest Posts, My Forums and My Threads is back!
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Nicola

I've passed this on to the lads, they're looking into it now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Sometimes when reading a thread I click on the boards.ie logo on the top left to bring me back to the homepage and today I've noticed that the lovely old wall of text homepage without the announcements box and with the 3 tabs: Latest Posts, My Forums and My Threads is back!

It's gone again. :(:(:(

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Was appearing for me, which I didn't mind, but was taking me to the regular homepage instead of 'My Forums' as I have in my preferences. Changed my bookmark to http://www.boards.ie/#tabs-myforums instead of http://www.boards.ie/? and seemed to fix it.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I've passed this on to the lads, they're looking into it now :)

Ah no! don't change it! Its so much better than the new one. I should have kept my mouth shut.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

It was reappearing for me but I didn't want to say anything because I like it :p

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I still use the old layout from the days of yore. Everything was better in yore. Some things missing from drop downs as they aren't being updated any more, but that's a small price to pay imo.

Down with change i say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

5starpool wrote: »
    I still use the old layout from the days of yore. Everything was better in yore. Some things missing from drop downs as they aren't being updated any more, but that's a small price to pay imo.

Down with change i say.

For some reason, in work I'm on the olde style, but at home - and in my settings - I'm on the new style - it happens in IE and FF in work (no Chrome).

The "Talk To" forums are not affected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Sir Humphrey Appleby

For some reason this has been happening to me for a week, nothing I do in the User CP seems to make a difference.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,380 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

5starpool wrote: »

Down with change i say.

Agreed. I demand my old dial up connection back.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I still get it regularly when I'm using IE8 at work. Not all the time, but most days.

But I like it, 'cos the boards.ie logo doesn't scroll down the screen as i do, making it better for workplace use!

• Advertisement
Advertisement