Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The cost of forming a company

Options
  • 15-10-2013 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi All,

I am wondering how much people feel a company set up should cost...

I would be grateful to anyone who would let me have their opinion of the foregoing..

I am thinking of starting up my own company formation business and am trying to test what people feel is a fair price.

Thanks in advance..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 bizleads

Check around, because there are companies that offer this for free. It is difficult to compete with free.
    read other threads in this section. good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭metroburgers

I'd recommend these guys! €350

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Freepass

Thanks guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Just have a look for 'Company Formations Ireland' on Google. I would say do your research and see what services each company offer for the price they're charging. You could do it on your own, but I'm finding it a little tedious at the moment. Well worth the experience though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Be sure to check the costs of winding up a company too, as this can be a lot more expensive, even if you do so voluntarily and without debt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Just make sure you 100% definitely need to form a company first.

I've made this mistake in the past and there can be a lot of benefits to being a sole trader or partnership for the first while as you avoid a hell of a lot of overheads and bureaucracy.

Obviously this depends on the type of business you have in mind, but just beware that there are quite a lot of costs and accounting burdens.

Also, a sole trader or partnership can register a business name which is often all you need for a very small / micro-business at least for the first while.

I would also stress that it's very important to find an accountant that is used to dealing with start-ups and very small businesses. Some of the bigger ones will tend to give you advice that's suitable for larger SMEs and you can end up with a load of administration overheads that aren't strictly necessary.

Obviously your exact requirements will depend on how your business is going to be structured and what kind of business it is. However, just make sure that you have the appropriate and most cost-effective structure as you really don't need to add extra costs in the early days.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Ricko77 wrote: »

No need to ring 11811 :P

http://www.companyformations.ie/

Advertisement