Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jazz festival

Options
  • 15-10-2013 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

Jazz festival is nearly upon us.

Where does one get tickets for the likes of the Metropole? Can't find them online.

Also, do you need tickets for the imperial? I was there two years ago and didn't have tickets, but I think we just got lucky and the lad left us in:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I think there is a link off the official Jazz Festival website to all the gigs which are on the official "Jazz Trail".

I am missing out this year. Love the Jazz Weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭BillJ

gimmick wrote: »
    I think there is a link off the official Jazz Festival website to all the gigs which are on the official "Jazz Trail".

I am missing out this year. Love the Jazz Weekend.

Ya I saw that but can't see the imperial or met on it.

Ya it is a great weekend.

Anyone got any other suggestions of good spots to go for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The Bodega has had some really shít hot free gigs over the last few years. The Hot 8s and Kings Go Forth to name but 2.

Crane Lane and Woodford usually have some good free gigs as well. Pav can be hit or miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Not too pushed about seeing any Jazz. This will be Oktoberfest weekend in the Fran Well and the Bierhaus for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Try calling the Everyman Palace Box Office - 021 450 1673, I think they sell tickets for the Metropole Festival Club as well as the Everyman concerts. Good Luck! J

• Advertisement

Nice one Judes thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭LeNNoX

and if you've no luck with the Everyman box off then here's the website for tickets - just select the venue, then the band, then buy tickets at the bottom: http://guinnessjazzfestival.com/guinness-music-xtra/#/festival-club-at-the-metropole

I was in Galway last weekend and seen the Pearly Whites who are a 10 piece show band. They where superb and I'd recommend seeing them if you can.
    I know they are playing in Cork but can't get access to facebook (because its blocked in work) to see which venue.

Check them out if ye can: https://www.facebook.com/thepearlywhitesmusic

Enjoy

LeNNoX wrote: »
    and if you've no luck with the Everyman box off then here's the website for tickets - just select the venue, then the band, then buy tickets at the bottom: http://guinnessjazzfestival.com/guinness-music-xtra/#/festival-club-at-the-metropole

I was in Galway last weekend and seen the Pearly Whites who are a 10 piece show band. They where superb and I'd recommend seeing them if you can.
    I know they are playing in Cork but can't get access to facebook (because its blocked in work) to see which venue.

Check them out if ye can: https://www.facebook.com/thepearlywhitesmusic

Enjoy

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks Lennox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭jacko1

great line up this year

Snarky Puppy & Mingus Big Band already sold out at the everyman

really looking forward to Bugge Wesseltoft (piano) and Berklee Global Jazz Institute Ensemble on Friday night at Triskel
    some really good late night stuff at Triskel too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

I'm looking for a ticket to Snarky Puppy if there's any going ye might give me a shout :)

Didn't know if I could go until today and it sold out :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement