Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sam Bennett - no same day spoilers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,728 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

jimm wrote: »
    Some junior staff member was probably told "Go get a photo of that Irish cyclist, watshisname from Deceuninck–Quick-Step". Quick Google search and up pops Remi Cavagna. Junior thinks "hmm...Kavanagh? close enough".

Reminds me of the time Contador won the tour and the Danish national anthem was played at the prize ceremony!!

The picture came off the Sam Bennett Getty images page.
    It was probably picked because he is holding a medal and the staffer assumed it was important

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

breezy1985 wrote: »
    The picture came off the Sam Bennett Getty images page.
    It was probably picked because he is holding a medal and the staffer assumed it was important

I Know....just trying to inject a little humour ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Because we were talking about Oisin O'Callaghan, I thought, why not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1nOYfXVuNw

Eamonnator wrote: »

Haha Ocean O'Callaghan.

In fairness DH mountain biking looks mental maybe he should have beat Katie and Sam for the big one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭Junior

jimm wrote: »
    Some junior staff member was probably told "Go get a photo of that Irish cyclist, watshisname from Deceuninck–Quick-Step". Quick Google search and up pops Remi Cavagna. Junior thinks "hmm...Kavanagh? close enough".

Reminds me of the time Contador won the tour and the Danish national anthem was played at the prize ceremony!!

I would just like to point out at this time, it wasn't me who made the mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Eamonnator wrote: »

'Ocean' :mad::pac::pac::pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Maybe it's because the tour is on TG4 and RTE shows the odd bit of boxing.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

eeeee wrote: »
    'Ocean' :mad::pac::pac::pac:

The director of that video, who is Irish, did his best to encourage correct pronunciation, but finally surrendered.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭MangleBadger

Sam won the Irish Independant Sports Star of the Year.

Hopefully he celebrates with a stage win or 2 this week.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,416 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Another one for Sam - very messy sprint.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭seaviewphotos

Well done Sam, good win in a very strong field.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭a_squirrelman

Enjoyable to watch that finish, fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Easy win in the end. Be interesting to see how Dekker progresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Spurion

Added insult to injury by not knowing who Dekker was in the interview :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭De Bhál

50th pro win for him, he said in the interview

• Registered Users Posts: 13,397 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

It was a messy sprint alright. Great win for Sam considering the other top sprinters paticipating.
    Sam is obviously a well-liked guy in the peloton; a lot of the other riders congratulated him after they crossed the finish line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Was only able to watch the early part of the race. Looking forward to watching the finish. Carlton was saying it would all boil down to it at at the end because of the heat over there.

Well done Sam.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

MOD VOICE: One and only warning to all of those who had the time to watch it live and then spoiled it. Many posters didn't or couldn't. Unless its a stage or race specific thread, don't post it until the next day, you ruin it for those of us who can't see it live. Next time its a card or ban for the rest of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭happytramp

I assume it's fine to post stuff as long as it's spoilered right?

happytramp wrote: »
    I assume it's fine to post stuff as long as it's spoilered right?

Technically yes but in reality, you may as well put up fliers to say something really interesting happened with Sam. I can set up a race thread for it and people can post in there to their hearts content?

Do we have a general race thread for all the smaller races that don't get stage threads ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

Do we have a general race thread for all the smaller races that don't get stage threads ?

You can start a thread for any race, no matter how small! Threads are free to start! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭happytramp

Yeah, it's a lot of hassle to be setting up specific thread for smaller races every day that probably wouldn't be posted much in..... but at the same time not mentioning a win (or loss) till the next day will kill off discussion. Maybe if people posted in a general racing thread or something... Think their used to be one.

Makes sense, put a spoiler notice in the title that it could contain spoilers for any race, job done. People who want to avoid spoilers can just avoid the thread for the day.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058163389/1/#post116399183

Sorted. Mods can feel free to add stuff to the title or whatever for spoiler rules

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭dublin49

I hear reports he won sprinting on the Hoods,is this significant?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭hesker

Good analysis by Chris Horner on YouTube.

He benefited from a couple of things and took his opportunity really well.

Advertisement