Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inserting Image URLs into Excel on Mac?

Options
  • 15-10-2013 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to insert image urls into excel. I need to send the file to someone and they need to be able to click on each url and be redirected to the image. I have all the images saved on the desktop. What's the best way to do this? Should I save the images in Dropbox?

Can someone give me a step by step guide?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

You need to have the image in a location which is accessible by both you and the recipient.

If you are both on the same network or on a corporate network with a VPN between remote locations then you can save them on a shared folder to which you both have access.

Otherwise you would need to save them on a third party location which you both have access to e.g. Dropbox or an image sharing service.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

You could used something like www.imgur.com, upload the image on that then copy the direct link into Excel. Photobucket.com is another popular choice. Unless your computer is a server, local links to images won't open anywhere except on your machine :)

Nick

Advertisement