Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phonewatch beeping - turn it off completely

Options
  • 15-10-2013 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this has been done to death already, but have been searching these forums and can't find exact answer I hoping for.

Basically, an elderly relative had Phonewatch, and then cancelled it two years ago to save money. They had an issue with the main panel battery since then, and paid a sum of money to PW to get it replaced. No one of the sensors is driving them silly by causing beeps and alerts on the panel.

Because its not easy for me to get to them (cant take days off work/make multiple trips back and forth etc), and they dont want to pay any more money to PW, is it possible to shutdown the unit to stop all noise/alerts?
    e.g. remove the battery from the main unit, and remove the fuse? Is this safe to do so?

Going forward, I can investigate the sensors and their batteries and look at getting replacements. From what I've read they may be "cr 123a lithium" but I'm not sure till I have a look. So I basically want to spare them the beeping and alerts as soon as possible?

Any assistance here would be greatly appreciated!

From the last time I saw it, its like the one in the attached photo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

donaghs wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been done to death already, but have been searching these forums and can't find exact answer I hoping for.

Basically, an elderly relative had Eircom Phonewatch, and then cancelled it two years ago to save money. They had an issue with the main panel battery since then, and paid a sum of money to Eircom PW to get it replaced. No one of the sensors is driving them silly by causing beeps and alerts on the panel.

Because its not easy for me to get to them (cant take days off work/make multiple trips back and forth etc), and they dont want to pay any more money to Eircom PW, is it possible to shutdown the unit to stop all noise/alerts?
    e.g. remove the battery from the main unit, and remove the fuse? Is this safe to do so?

Going forward, I can investigate the sensors and their batteries and look at getting replacements. From what I've read they may be "cr 123a lithium" but I'm not sure till I have a look. So I basically want to spare them the beeping and alerts as soon as possible?

Any assistance here would be greatly appreciated!

From the last time I saw it, its like the one in the attached photo.

Its always better to fix the issue rather than disable the system.
    If it is trouble beeps then these can be turned off by dropping the lid, entering the user code and deleting option 01. I would still advise to check to see what the fault is first.

If they press the status button can you post what they say is the problem.
    The will need to find out the sensor that is causing the issue.
    They type will determine the battery needed.
    The shocks and PIRs use the CR123A as you have pointed out.
    Depending on the contact it could be a LS14250 or a CR123A.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭donaghs

Thanks Altor. It's a bathroom window sensor, don't have any more details except that's its creamy white colour. I don't want to buy batteries without checking first, and don't trust them to open it the "sensor" carefully to have a look.

Trying to help out, but also trying to avoid multiple trips when already busy my own family and work and exam study.

If I could jus turn it off now, I could arrange for a battery change at a later point.

Is the alarm code sufficient to make changes? Other threads mention an engineer code, which they said they don't know. Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Posts & titles edited.
    Please note Phonewatch is no longer owned by Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

donaghs wrote: »
    Thanks Altor. It's a bathroom window sensor, don't have any more details except that's its creamy white colour. I don't want to buy batteries without checking first, and don't trust them to open it the "sensor" carefully to have a look.

Trying to help out, but also trying to avoid multiple trips when already busy my own family and work and exam study.

If I could jus turn it off now, I could arrange for a battery change at a later point.

Is the alarm code sufficient to make changes? Other threads mention an engineer code, which they said they don't know. Thanks

It can be only one of two batteries. If the system installed covers all accessible windows and doors then it is more than likely a CR123A. There really is not much damage they can do by opening the sensor. A screw driver slots in the top to release the lid. Just if replacing the battery it needs to be put in the correct way otherwise they could damage the unit.

Any problems let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rangerattic

system keeps beeping! I've read drop the panel and delete 01. where is delete?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

system keeps beeping! I've read drop the panel and delete 01. where is delete?

When you drop the lid you'll see it. It corresponds with the motions button .

Advertisement