Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ibt cert question

• 15-10-2013 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi all some advice needed please..I have done my ibt back in feb this year it has only been brought to my attention now that the ibt cert is only valid for two years and can't be extended so my question is should I for whatever reason not pass my test what happens then is it that I don't need an ibt cert then because I have already validated my permit and continue trying to pass the test or must I redo the ibt(a lot of money) or how dose it work. Now before anyone jumps on the band wagon of course I'm going to try get my full licence but in curious and don't ha e answers.thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51 ✭✭p_mac

Hiya,

My understanding of it is that completion of the IBT leaves you eligible to apply for a lerner permit in the relevant A cat. So you have until the expiry of the IBT cert to do that, when issued with the lerner permit after 6 months you are eligible to undergo the driving test. If your lerner permit should expire before you pass the test for whatever reason you can apply for a second as far as i know! especially if you can show that you've already taken the test and not passed...

Also,I think if you have a lerner permit in a cat that expires, provided you don't let it go over five years you can apply for another without having to re-do theory test or IBT.

Hope this helps, would recommend doing the test as soon as possible... it's not to bad, lowers the insurance costs and you can give the auld L bib to someone else that needs it! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Roadskill

This is taken from the RSA 
    Can my certificate go out of date?
    Yes, if your Learner Permit has lapsed for five or more years you will have to redo the Theory Testtake out a Learner Permit andretake IBT.

Advertisement