If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you do a better price...

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi there,
    Just wondering if you can do a better price on this TV?
    Thanks!

http://powercity.ie/?par=10-13-40F6500&brands=SAMSUNG
    Hi Blushing Pixie.

We are priced at £599.00 on this screen with a free 5 year warranty making us cheaper than Powercity. However this screen is an in store only special and would need collected from the Belfast store.

Might there be another screen that would suit your needs? Any reason why you are interested in this particular screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭jthrppel

Hi Kenny:
    I have also considered the 6500 series for an after New Year buy. I like the satellite tuner for FTA channels and the various network options. I know LG also have some comparable models. From the tone of your reply to OP, it appears (may be I am misinterpreting) that you guys are not that impressed with this model? What would be your alternate suggestions?
    Thanks in advance,
    jthrppel

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

jthrppel wrote: »
    Hi Kenny:
    I have also considered the 6500 series for an after New Year buy. I like the satellite tuner for FTA channels and the various network options. I know LG also have some comparable models. From the tone of your reply to OP, it appears (may be I am misinterpreting) that you guys are not that impressed with this model? What would be your alternate suggestions?
    Thanks in advance,
    jthrppel

No, the 6500 series is not a bad TV at all - we are quite short on stock of the 40" version at the moment ( the 46" isn't a problem and we do ship it ) However if you dont need the 3D I'd probably go for the LG 42LN540V which we are currently doing at £449.95 including the LG wifi adaptor - which makes it cracking value!

If you wanted to step up a little I'd look at the LG42LA640V at £569.95 or of course the stunning Panasonic TXL42FT60 which stands head and shoulders above all the rest!
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txl42ft60b/pana-txl42ft60b

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Blushing Pixie

Hi Blushing Pixie.

We are priced at £599.00 on this screen with a free 5 year warranty making us cheaper than Powercity. However this screen is an in store only special and would need collected from the Belfast store.

Might there be another screen that would suit your needs? Any reason why you are interested in this particular screen?

Thanks. Could you tell me what apps come pre-installed on the one in your Belfast store?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Blushing Pixie.

Thanks. Could you tell me what apps come pre-installed on the one in your Belfast store?
    http://www.samsung.com/uk/tvapps/

This is the current line-up for apps on the 40F6500 in the UK - however some of these are region sensitive and won't work or load based on your geographic location ( ie if you have an ROI IP address - it will automatically load RTE player and wont allow you to use BBC Player) - of course you can download other apps no problem via Samsung Smart Hub and the App listing changes constantly.

Keep us posted if we can assist,

Thanks as ever,

Joh Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.