Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixed line broadband speeds in Kilmuckridge

Options
  • 15-10-2013 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

I am investigating broadband speeds for a house in the Kilmuckridge area.

Eircom inform me (by testing a neighbours active line) that I should experience between 3MB-5MB.
    For purpose, this is enough.

However, there's no way to test the upload speed until connecting a device, but eircom tell me that I "should" experience at least 0.5MB upload rate. How reliable a statement is this in your opinion?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

DaDa wrote: »
    I am investigating broadband speeds for a house in the Kilmuckridge area.

Eircom inform me (by testing a neighbours active line) that I should experience between 3MB-5MB.
    For purpose, this is enough.

However, there's no way to test the upload speed until connecting a device, but eircom tell me that I "should" experience at least 0.5MB upload rate. How reliable a statement is this in your opinion?

Cheers.
    Hi DaDa

Can you send me a private message with your full address and I can look into the speeds available in detail.

Mark

Advertisement