Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI cheque

Options
  • 15-10-2013 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

I received a cheque from Saint vicent de paul today it's a Bank Of Ireland cheque I went into AIB to cash it because I've a account with them already and they said it would take 4-5 working days for the cheque to cash.

I don't have a account with BOI but I'm just wondering if I go into the BOI tomorrow will they cash the cheque straight away seeing as it's a BOI cheque or will I have to wait a few days?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭amber2

James__10 wrote: »
    I received a cheque from Saint vicent de paul today it's a Bank Of Ireland cheque I went into AIB to cash it because I've a account with them already and they said it would take 4-5 working days for the cheque to cash.

I don't have a account with BOI but I'm just wondering if I go into the BOI tomorrow will they cash the cheque straight away seeing as it's a BOI cheque or will I have to wait a few days?

Only wages cheques can be cashed in BOI. You have to go to the branch that the cheque is drawn on, bring I.D with you and it can be cashed as long as it isn't crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

So once I have valid ID and go to the branch that the cheque is from I should get it cashed tomorrow no problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭amber2

If your asked, its a wages payment & it doesn't exceed €5,000 which you need to give 24 hours notice and you are standing in the branch in which the cheque is drawn on. It's payable to you & you endorse (sign the back of the cheque), you have valid I.D then yes your sorted. There is an "Ask Bank of Ireland" forum here, if you would like to double check with a verified representative. Might be a bit of a queue for a cashier (real person) tho due to the promotion of self service options by BOI.

Advertisement