Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i want to go from wifi to wired on ps3

• 15-10-2013 6:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

ok so i want to get wired on my ps3 because i read alot that wired is generally better and will reduce lag. ive no real problems with my online gaming but if i can get a noticable increase in online gaming then i want to do this.

the problem is that the modem is in the sitting room and my ps3 is in my bedroom above the kitchen. where could i get a very very long ethernet cable that big and equipment to stick the cable to the corner of walls as im setting it up

never had a wired connection so ive no clue about this stuff

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭nostrils

Why don't u get homeplugs instead of running a long Ethernet cable through your house

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

nostrils wrote: »
    Why don't u get homeplugs instead of running a long Ethernet cable through your house

i never heard of them until now. what advantage owuld they give me over just a normal wifi connection? again..i dont get many problems

could you reccomend me one? im currently on 50mb UPC(getting a free upgrade to 100mb tomorrow)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭nostrils

If you're wireless signal is strong and your not having really any problems then i wouldn't bother,

The only reason I bought homeplugs for was for my dreambox and raspberry pi which need a wired connection for them to be stable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

nostrils wrote: »
    If you're wireless signal is strong and your not having really any problems then i wouldn't bother,

The only reason I bought homeplugs for was for my dreambox and raspberry pi which need a wired connection for them to be stable.

would ethernet be the option then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

if you plan to go the home plug route dont buy the cheaper 85mb/s ones they are sh!te... tbh go for the 500mb/s rated ones cos they will work much better over longer distances (electrical wiring distances not direct line of sight)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Advertisement