Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single parents to lose €1650 One Parent Tax Credit.

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭womandriver

Stheno wrote: »
    Been sterilised or are completely abstinent from sex and in a 100% secure job then so, are you?

Yes. Because that is the only person who could dare have such beliefs and opinions.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Yes. Because that is the only person who could dare have such beliefs and opinions.

It is tbh as othewise you can find yourself unemployed, reliant on the state, pregnant, without a partner, seperated, or divorced and with dependants.

In all those cases the reason we exist as a society is to ease the burden on those more heavily impacted, which is precisely what this tax relief did to a very very small extent.

This is my last post on the topic as frankly I can't be bothered engaging more and you appear to be in a tiny majority of one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭womandriver

Stheno wrote: »
    It is tbh as othewise you can find yourself unemployed, reliant on the state, pregnant, without a partner, seperated, or divorced and with dependants.

In all those cases the reason we exist as a society is to ease the burden on those more heavily impacted, which is precisely what this tax relief did to a very very small extent.

This is my last post on the topic as frankly I can't be bothered engaging more and you appear to be in a tiny majority of one.

Of course I am, I got it abolished all on my own ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭yoke

womandriver I'm interested in your logic when you say people shouldnt get tax credits for reproducing - What *do* you think we should give tax credits for, and why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Oh I love the budget. This has turned in to a "you said" "no you said" thread and it's not going to get any better. Thread closed. If someone wants to actually have a rational discussion there are other threads around already.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement