Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I apply for iec im my situation?

Options
  • 15-10-2013 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

Hi guys hope you all are doin well.I have a question about applying for the iec in January.back in 2008 I was caught for drink driving (was sitting in the car with it started but wasn't driving)I applied for the iec in 2012 and got it(conviction wasn't on garda cert that year)but couldn't go for several reasons.I am a qualified plumber and I was just wondering should I apply this year to c how it goes.or what other options do I have or has anyone been in a simular situation.any help or advise would be greatly appericated.thanks guys and gals

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

seamus1980 wrote: »
    Hi guys hope you all are doin well.I have a question about applying for the iec in January.back in 2008 I was caught for drink driving (was sitting in the car with it started but wasn't driving)I applied for the iec in 2012 and got it(conviction wasn't on garda cert that year)but couldn't go for several reasons.I am a qualified plumber and I was just wondering should I apply this year to c how it goes.or what other options do I have or has anyone been in a simular situation.any help or advise would be greatly appericated.thanks guys and gals

You have me confused. You were either convicted or not? You got convicted for being a drunk passenger in a car?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

Kippure wrote: »
    You have me confused. You were either convicted or not? You got convicted for being a drunk passenger in a car?

Sorry,no i was convicted,i was sitting in my own car with it started,as i was freezing cold waiting for my mate to return(my car was parked at his house)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

If you were convicted how was it not on the cert??

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

when i got the cert in 2012 there was no conviction on it,but in 2013 january there was,i was talking to a garda(neighbour )and he said that the system was out of date when i got my first cert and was update when i got my second

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

I don't know what your going to do there buddy. Send in the 2012 one and see if you can bluff it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement