Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub near Docks that does excellent guiness

Options
  • 15-10-2013 7:57pm

Im just looking for the name of a pub down the quays on way to docks, which was known to serve the best guinness.
    I remember my ma bringing me there a few times,when I was pregnant many moons ago for a glass of guiness, cant remember for the life of me what it was called

Any one have any idea of the bar Im talking about? it was a real aul spit on the floor type of place. It wasnt the Jetfoil pub, it was past that.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,215 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Mulligan's, I'd say. On Poolbeg street.

edit**Oh sorry, was going on the good Guinness clue. Maybe it was Vallance and McGrath's, but I think it's closed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

The Ferryman serves an excellent pint according to the Guinness drinkers in my house
    http://www.ferrymanhotel.com/

spurious wrote: »
    Mulligan's, I'd say. On Poolbeg street.

edit**Oh sorry, was going on the good Guinness clue. Maybe it was Vallance and McGrath's, but I think it's closed now.

MCGRATHS!!!!!~ that was it!! ye diamond ye:)

Oh me head, couldnt think of it at all

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

jos28 wrote: »
    The Ferryman serves an excellent pint according to the Guinness drinkers in my house
    http://www.ferrymanhotel.com/

It does indeed! as does Slatterys if you wander a little further down into beggars bush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

The best pint of Guinness is from Kavanaghs aka the grave diggers in Glasnevin, Dublin. In the evenings its only about 10-15 mins bus ride from the CC.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Guinness drinker here ~ Guinness is pretty much the same in most pubs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Guinness drinker here ~ Guinness is pretty much the same in most pubs.

Yep, shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

Hi Jake,

I'm live in the area all my life and still do,

I would have drank in all the Pubs from the Jetfoil down to Valance McGraths just before the O2.

Just after the Jetfoil you had Smiths just after the garage, then on down a bit you had the Liverpool Bar.

When you got to the corner of Guild st you had Micky Galligans, which was one of my farourite locals with cracking pint of Guinnes.

Just past, what was the CIE you had Campions, again another fav local of mine with a great pint then furthur down you had Valance mcGrath another local of mine.

It's a pity there all gone, North Wall Quay is not the same without them :-(

Big question is ? which one was it ?

Joe

JosDel wrote: »
    Hi Jake,

I'm live in the area all my life and still do,

I would have drank in all the Pubs from the Jetfoil down to Valance McGraths just before the O2.

Just after the Jetfoil you had Smiths just after the garage, then on down a bit you had the Liverpool Bar.

When you got to the corner of Guild st you had Micky Galligans, which was one of my farourite locals with cracking pint of Guinnes.

Just past, what was the CIE you had Campions, again another fav local of mine with a great pint then furthur down you had Valance mcGrath another local of mine.

It's a pity there all gone, North Wall Quay is not the same without them :-(

Big question is ? which one was it ?

Joe

Cheers Joe :) it was definetely Mc Graths alright, Ive been i all the rest of them even Noctors in Sherriffer :eek:;)

Im not actually even looking for a guinness, I was reminiscing , back to good aul days.
    My Ma brought me to mc Graths a few times, to get me a glass of guinness when I was pregnant, ( Guinness being good for you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

The Oarsman, over Ringsend Bridge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Jake1 wrote: »
    Cheers Joe :) it was definetely Mc Graths alright, Ive been i all the rest of them even Noctors in Sherriffer :eek:;)

Im not actually even looking for a guinness, I was reminiscing , back to good aul days.
    My Ma brought me to mc Graths a few times, to get me a glass of guinness when I was pregnant, ( Guinness being good for you ;)

Ahhhhhh Noctors, a true 'one-off' pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 wackerwhelan

Does anybody know who owns vallance and McGrath s pub now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,904 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Does anybody know who owns vallance and McGrath s pub now ?

Never any planning gone in to replace it so it may still be the last operators of the pub. Pretty much the only site along the quays that didn't have planning go in during the boom.

Some poor soul was murdered there last week.

I thought it may have been sold to a big developer during the boom. I wonder if it's for sale or are there plans to build something on the site in the future

Yeah very sad news that

I thought it may have been sold to a big developer during the boom. I wonder if it's for sale or are there plans to build something on the site in the future

Kind of strange that it wasnt, alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

The pub and some adjoining land was sold for devoplment for a rumoured €9m

Advertisement