Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing IP Address

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,705 ✭✭✭✭altor

iMrApex wrote: »
    As most people, I have a dynamic IP address. I have a problem with it, it will never change. How can I make it change? Using this doesn't work: http://gyazo.com/d360fb173fdff550e274f50b8fb42502
    Are you sure its not a fixed IP address that you have? 
    A fixed IP address will not change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

As most people, I have a dynamic IP address. I have a problem with it, it will never change. How can I make it change? Using this doesn't work: http://gyazo.com/d360fb173fdff550e274f50b8fb42502
    Hi iMrApex

altor is correct, as part of the eircom broadband service eircom do provide a dynamic / fixed IP address that will not change.

We do offer static IP address - There is a one off charge of €50 to set up a static IP address with eircom.he charge.

If you can call the eircom NET department: - eircom net 1800 203204

Select option 1

Next select option 2

Then finally select option 3

They can go through the all the information with you and they can issue the order for you directly if you decide to go ahead.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭iMrApex

I'm not asking for a static IP address, my problem is I'm not being assigned a new dynamic IP address every so often. I pretty much have a static IP address due to the fact my "Dynamic" IP address never changes, even when I click "release" beside my current IP address it assigns me my usual IP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

I'm not asking for a static IP address, my problem is I'm not being assigned a new dynamic IP address every so often. I pretty much have a static IP address due to the fact my "Dynamic" IP address never changes, even when I click "release" beside my current IP address it assigns me my usual IP.
    Hi iMrApex

I spoke to technical support and they advised it may be best to call them on 1890 260 260 to go through your query in detail as the can go through it with you step by step.

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Why do you want to change? Have you been blocked from something?

• Advertisement
Advertisement