Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have I messed up?

• 15-10-2013 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi I only recently started studying around now (Leaving Cert) and I only started Economics at the start of the year. I'm putting in 3 hours a night doing notes and maths homework and I'm wondering will I get my courses covered by the end of the year. Any input welcome.

Maths (H)
    Irish (P)
    English (H)
    Economics (H)
    DCG (H)
    Physics
    Chemistry (H)

I didn't study that much in 5th year also

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

How many points you need or are you aiming for? Once you can get them who gives a rats what others did, I'd say your not alone and you are probable ahead of most if you start now and lash into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

It's only October? Don't know what you're worried about unless you're aiming for 600, which still isn't unachievable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭ynwa14

You'll be fine, especially if you keep it up. I didnt start doing full on three hours of study until after christmas/mocks, and I did ok. I just did my homework and revision for class tests from fifth year til a month or so before my mocks. Depends on how you work though, I absorb more by being in class and listening/doing problems while there. Consistency is always good though so if you find the sit down study and note making beneficial, keep that up and you'll fly it.

Just for phys and chem, I took both too, make sure you take part in your experiments and know the ins and outs, it really lightens the work load and makes the papers less daunting when you know them. Economics is a great subject too, handy enough to study and a lot of my friends got As and Bs after doing it for a year. You've got good subjects and only one at pass level so whatever you're aiming for is definitely achievable :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ForeverX17

No. It's only October. There's still seven and a half months until the Leaving Cert. There is plenty of time to get everything covered.

I am aiming for 600 points and I am only going to start working from today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tomas180

Well I certainly feel a metric **** ton better. Anywhere between 400 to 450 my good chaps

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

I got 470 doing more or less the subjects you are. I was doing a bit away from September but only really got my arse into gear after making a balls of my mocks. You still have time but make a start now, even if only gradually.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,706 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Be graaaaaaand. Just keep plugging away, you'd be surprised how much you'll get done if you just keep it steady and do the hours everyday.

Spoken by someone who never studied.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭f3232

If your doing what you say you are doing you will do great. Make sure you do your homework/exam papers/extra economics study. Most importantly

BE CONSISTENT over the next 7 months with study

Science teacher here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Calm down man. You wont get 5 points. Steady study from now until then assuming you are actually learning it should see you in the high 400 or 500's. Heck you arnt out of the realm of breaking 600.

I thought I was looking at 300-420 and got 490 because I began study after christmas and them worked my ass off after the mocks and had a good work ethic throughout 5th and 6th but I was hampered by my lack of external study.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Stay positive is all I can tell you :) Economics is mostly general knowledge and a few budget comments :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement