Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advise on best Gas / Electricity suppliers. First time buyer seeking advise please.

Options
  • 15-10-2013 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

As mentioned above,

Have recent purchased a 3 bed semi house which hope to move into next month with partner.

Will need to decide on providers for both gas an electricity, so like all of us looking to get the best rates as possible, I recently heard of increases to both.

So looking for advise on what company's to go for.

Its a 3 bedroom house with gas heating.

Thanking you in advance with any advice/information.

Jason

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Ring them all up and see who will do the best deal.
    And do the same next year and the year after etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,532 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Bonkers.ie is a price comparasion site for utility companies.

If Airtricity come up as being the cheapest I would advise to go with some one else nearly everybody I know who went with them has had billing issues.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I'd echo ted1's comments- avoid Airtricity at all costs- even if they appear to be the cheapest- if anything does go wrong (and with them, it tends to) good luck having any satisfaction with their customer service team.

Bonkers.ie is a good idea- after that- I'd suggest sticking with either BG or Electric Ireland for dual accounts- as they're easy to deal with, and normally do reasonable deals on dual accounts.

Bonkers.ie though.

Advertisement