Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pumpkin Spice Everywhere

Options
  • 15-10-2013 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭

Has everything in your part of the US turned into pumpkin spice?

Pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin pie, pumpkin shaped chocolate chip cookies. pumpkin butter. Pumpkins and more pumpkins.

There are four pumpkins on my balcony. One is gigantic that the little one insisted on bringing home.

Apple spice making a good showing too. Apple fritters all over the place too.

The scent of cinnamon is everywhere including the first grade classrooms.

How is your autumn so far?

Mod: can you please correct the spelling of pumpkin in the thread title? Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

A few friends of mine spend a lot of time carving pumpkins around this time of year, and they're big into it. They do fun stuff like this:

tux-pumpkin-l.jpg?400:400

2947102227_7a0d9e34e1_b.jpg

6a00e553ee40cf88330133f530b314970b-800wi.jpg

Fun stuff! I might have to join in!

Unfortunately, all pumpkin items are starting to get buried under the Christmas decorations :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

I love this time of year in New England. The colours are amazing. Loads of pumpkin beer, I haven't bothered with any this year, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I don't mind the pumpkin-y stuff. It doesn't smell strongly and you can ignore it if you want to.

But what I REALLY CAN NOT STAND is the cinnamon EVERYTHING that will appear soon...cinnamon lattes, cinnamon candles, cinnamon pot pourri, cinnamon air fresheners, cinnamon scented pine cones in bowls, cinnamon FCUKING EVERY THING, EVERY WHERE, ALL THE DAMM TIME !!! :mad:

I can't stand the smell of the stuff. ( Can you tell? :D ) I really resent that such a strong scent is rammed down peoples noses and throats non stop between now and Christmas. I've had to leave some mall stores at this time of year, coz all their bloody cinnamon pot pourri and what not makes me gag ! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭dave2pvd

ProudDUB wrote: »
    I don't mind the pumpkin-y stuff. It doesn't smell strongly and you can ignore it if you want to.

But what I REALLY CAN NOT STAND is the cinnamon EVERYTHING that will appear soon...cinnamon lattes, cinnamon candles, cinnamon pot pourri, cinnamon air fresheners, cinnamon scented pine cones in bowls, cinnamon FCUKING EVERY THING, EVERY WHERE, ALL THE DAMM TIME !!! :mad:

I can't stand the smell of the stuff. ( Can you tell? :D ) I really resent that such a strong scent is rammed down peoples noses and throats non stop between now and Christmas. I've had to leave some mall stores at this time of year, coz all their bloody cinnamon pot pourri and what not makes me gag ! :(

I with you on the cinnamon problem.

I hate when its in food/drink. It invariably includes large quantities of sugar.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Aprilmay

dave2pvd wrote: »
    I with you on the cinnamon problem.

I hate when its in food/drink. It invariably includes large quantities of sugar.

LOL, I love cinnamon! I have a lovely Pumpkin cinnamon candle in my kitchen and the kids think it smells like Christmas.

That's a serious problem if you hate it, there's no escaping its everywhere!!!!:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

My local bagel place has a special offer on pumpkin bagels with pumpkin cream cheese and pumpkin coffee. Bit much for me.

The cinnamon drives me nuts too. Hate when it is on something that would have been delicious otherwise.

Advertisement